E-bike Xm

not always about the noise . I thought you were saying that it was 35-40A no load, But i'm guessing now that you mean when riding , try putting the max speed back down to 100% or 110% as this can sometimes cause the motors to pull higher currents than expected at WOT.

gwhy! said:
not always about the noise . I thought you were saying that it was 35-40A no load, But i'm guessing now that you mean when riding , try putting the max speed back down to 100% or 110% as this can sometimes cause the motors to pull higher currents than expected at WOT.
Ok thanks, i will test that. what does WOT abbrev mean?

Also little "stealth" picture then, bcause it's not ready yet.

IMG_20130915_193502.jpg

WOT = wide open throttle 8)

and a little graph from fist charge, not sure whats off here..
I used 7.8Ah on drive and then charged, back went 6.8Ah and then it reached it's voltage and turned off.
I'm used eagletree data logger for my information.

file.php

Panel was showing 6.8A rate, wonder if the charger needs to be tweaked some more, must ask ping..
Took 85minutes to put that 6800mAh in there(16s2p), not too bad.

Attachments

• firstCharge.jpg
    firstCharge.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 553
got some new stuff,

BMS from http://bestechpower.com/ need to make lots of connections for that..
IMG_20131014_124014.jpg

and more stopping power! through new brake disc :)
Photo 22.10.13 21 34.53.jpg

bms connections and wiring will be a lot of work.. 16s3p and i dont want to break original connectors..

A lot of nothing reported in the meantime, but the build got pretty much completed and only now i got around to put the video together of the making of it.

Not too lengthy one.

[youtube]z6-P42yLPjk[/youtube]

next up: changing rear lights to something a lot fancier!

edit: youtube tag is broken? well.. okay i make it a link inside it then

edit2: picture of the complete version too:
Photo 19.09.13 15 06.28x2.jpg

edit: fixed youtube link

Great video and good job! Thanks for helping the ebike community by posting the video.
I can see that you have alot of patience and that you have learned alot in this ebike conversion.
looking forward to your next creation :twisted: Since I know once we start we can not stop.

Thanks and hello, the project isnt dead and still gets developed slowly.

Here's one of the latest images.

10547127_10209377646782765_7945188223412234431_o.jpg

As you can see, I now have new doublecrown fork, that I got from china for a fair price. I was planning to get one from the start but didnt have good options for it at the beginning.
I'm now going through second set of hobbyking batteries, lowered my charging voltage to 4.1v per cell to see how much it extends their lifetime. First set lasted me around 2.5 years or a little less, I was driving all year around, in winter too.
Using the old batteries for electric handdrills and such, they are still amazing capacity for those tools (hardcase makes for an easy attatchment). Looking into how to integrate those to solar usage too.

Also i'm now using new controller, the greentime 15fet "1500" watt, that easily does 2500 on my current setup so nevermind their silly labeling.. it's 72v rated for 50A so it falls flat on that equasion right away :p
No problems using it, it is actually surprisingly efficent and low temp.

Next up, new front headlights and turn signals to front too, right now only rear strips show turns, want front viewers to see my intentions too.

Back