E-S Greyborg owners' pics

Guys, I've been offered a good deal on a Greyborg frame built bike and am looking into it, but I'd like to ask you something.

How is the weight distribution with this frame compared to other shapes? It looks like there's a little too much weight up high. Is this bothersome while riding trails, or is it a nonproblem?

I don't ride trails with my Borg, but I don't think it is a problem. It handles well on the street. Compare to the weight distribution of a dirt bike, where the motor is up high and forward. Depending on where you put the batteries and controller within the Greyborg, it will be similar.

I had my controller high rear and batteries low and high forward to start, which is in accordance with the frame design. Later I changed to a huge controller (Sabvoton) so it had to go in the lower battery compartment as it was too large to fit in the rear controller area. The 1/3 of the battery pack that had been low was moved to the controller area which is further back and higher. No problem. Later I changed to Multistars and increased capacity which increased battery weight. Still not a problem, at least for street commuting.

If you don't need a lot of range you can reduce the battery weight as well.

Good luck with your decision.

So I bought it and have been riding it like a madman for the last month. Don't have any pretty recent pictures, here's one from the previous owner
f7f3c4801f68255c1b0ef3e445736b79.jpg

Covered those exposed connectors with tape because I'm afraid dirt will get in otherwise.

It's running Samsung batteries that give it 72V and 42Ah, so the range of this silent beauty is more than adequate.

Planning on doing some mods, for now I've installed a Hubsink and put in Statorade, but heat is still an issue and it needs a little more torque down low for hilly rides and I don't need such a high top speed.
So I'm thinking of swapping the motor for a 7.2 kV one and lacing it into a smaller wheel.

Do you guys have any experience on where the wheel starts getting too small and begins overcompromising the geometry and ground clearance? I'm currently think of using a moto wheel, either 16" or 17", don't even know if the Hubsink will fit in a 16" one.

Back