E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Cowardlyduck said:
hkj said:
The more I use the bike the more impressed I am with it. Fantastic bike!
Yes it is...so much so that my love affair with Stealth is about to come to an end as I sell my Fighter...the bike that got me started on it all over 9 years ago!

I understand that, the LMX64 is very versatile and is good for so many things. I use mine for exercising, just getting out and having a blast, commuting to work and riding with my son (pushing him up hills when it's too steep). The only thing I'm slightly worried about it having it stolen so I never park it outside a supermarket or anything. Always park it at home in my garage. At work I bring it into the office :lol:
No insurance company in Sweden seemed to want to insure it

Cheers

Hi Guys

When my lmX 64Frame kit arrived, the back wheel rim was bent. Adam at LMX was really good about it and sent me out a replacement rim that I could get made up at a local bike shop. I got the back wheel remade yesterday, and a tubeless Maxxis minion DHF II 2.6 installed. Today when I star installing the back wheel, I noticed there was a 5 to 7 mm offset to the left, which meant the left side of the wheel was slightly touching the frame. have Any of you experienced the back wheel being offset to the left and tyres touching the swingarm. it seems like a axle spacer on the left might do the track, but then I'm concerned if the disc rotor will line up with a caliper. Any thoughts. See photos below

IMG_20200314_131532.jpg

IMG_20200314_122317.jpg

IMG_20200314_122234-scaled.jpg

you need to re-dish the wheel, depend on if you are lucky to have long enough spokes. if not it will cost you new spokes and wheel building labor $$
lmx doesn't know the correct offset

Hmm I dont understand this is a brand new rim and used the same spokes and was professionally rebuilt.

Hey Simon, get a hold of a spoke spanner and loosen all the left spokes one turn starting from the valve hole then tighten the right sides spokes a full turn. Repeat with half a turn off you need more offset to the right

Yeah, Simon it sounds like they just put a standard dish on that wheel making the wrong assumption.

I finally got around to sorting out my belt drive scraping noise. Took the outer flange off and it has fixed it. :)
DSC_5963.JPG

While I was at it, I had a go at fixing the spring also. I had noticed it was a little noisy and on closer inspection noticed it was contacting the frame.
The fix was to put a washer on the tension bolt spacing it out from the frame a few mm.
DSC_5964.JPG

Unfortunately that hasn't completely solved the strange noised from the belt. Now it's started to 'sqeak'. It's a bit hard to describe so maybe I'll need to make a video but only just recently it has begun to squeak constantly as it spins.

Stupid question, but should I lube any parts of the belt system? Would some silicone spray lube or grease help on the roller at all?

Cheers

That sqeak on my pulleys usually comes when the black anodising start to peel off, once you have clean teeth where you see the naked aluminium it will stop doing so.

Hello
I don‘t think the mod is very difficult at all. If I summarise it.
File one screw head, add a thin washer to the inside of the bracket.

I too had the squeaking noise. At first I thought is that the rear suspension, but it’s the belt tensioner spring. It moves on the pivot. A little wd40 and the squeak is gone. PS. I can hardly hear my drive it‘s that quiet. I can hear my tyres more. The freewheel is also complete silent. Push the rear suspension down repeatedly and put your finger on the tensioner spring, you should find the squeak.

Also I had problems with my top speed. I was messing around with the saved configuration in the controller and a second config in the flash card. The top speed drop to 40kmh, but I was not saving my flash card to the controller (on purpose) only loading it. This was fixed by doing the complete config up-date again. My idea was to have a config saved to the controller which had no throttle in any mode and to limit all the specs to a mode 3 max 28kmh with peddles. Mode 1 was 22kmh and mode 2 25kmh. It was great. I would load the real spec from flash and ride. If I turned off and on the controller. I was automatically back to the no throttle max 28kmh. For me this was what I wanted, to stop me using the throttle and riding too fast when I was moving between tracks. Not all the config loads like this. I need to manually add a couple. Don‘t know why, and also something goes wrong with the top speed. But do a real load and save and things get back to normal. 57kmh with belt drive.

Thanks for the info Joe.

Totally confused...how are you getting 57kph with the belt drive? Are you running a standard battery or something higher voltage?

I think that either my motor is not tuned properly, or the controller firmware flash has done something to the motor settings.

I also can't understand how you say it's that quiet. As you saw from my video I still measure over 70db with the belt. Maybe that's because your only riding at 28kph though...I will admit it's pretty quiet at low speeds.

Cheers

Hi Guys

I got my rear wheel re dished and now it fits really well.

Th issue I am having now is that the cassette I order does not fit my rear hub, which i am baffled by.

I order from LMX a sram XD driver free body, and from another supplier an XD compatible Cassette. SRAM XG-1150 FULL PIN Cassette https://www.evolutioncycles.co.nz/Product/163331/sram-xg1150-full-pin-cassette

What am I missing? Maybe I have bitten off more than I can chew with choosing to build this bike for first bike build.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Thanks for the info Joe.

Totally confused...how are you getting 57kph with the belt drive? Are you running a standard battery or something higher voltage?

I think that either my motor is not tuned properly, or the controller firmware flash has done something to the motor settings.

I also can't understand how you say it's that quiet. As you saw from my video I still measure over 70db with the belt. Maybe that's because your only riding at 28kph though...I will admit it's pretty quiet at low speeds.

Cheers
Hi Cowardlyduck
Maybe when I run flat out I can‘t hear the belt because of the wind in my ears. But it‘s really not loud. When trail riding, I can only just hear it. I could hear a little squeaking noise from the spring, that was louder than the drive. That was most annoying until wd40 was used. PS. My belt is dry, not lubricated.
With the chain drive I was getting the exact same speed. Like I say. I too drop down to 40kmh while messing around with configuration. In the end I just said, start again, and re-loaded everything from scratch. All of a sudden the bike felt like it did with the chain. It was strange, but something in the configuration was messed up. I run a completely standard 850w lmx battery and all the standard settings of the LMX. Mode 3 166.
Yesterday I installed the newest firmware. I now have a bug, that the speedo doesn‘t work when in Data source - Display. In controller mode it only shows the speed when the motor is running. Everytime I turn off the throttle the speedo says 0. I am sure there must be another place I need to add this config. Going to test today.

Joe said:
Cowardlyduck said:
Thanks for the info Joe.

Cheers
Hi Cowardlyduck
Maybe when I run flat out I can‘t hear the belt because of the wind in my ears. But it‘s really not loud. When trail riding, I can only just hear it. I could hear a little squeaking noise from the spring, that was louder than the drive. That was most annoying until wd40 was used. PS. My belt is dry, not lubricated.
With the chain drive I was getting the exact same speed. Like I say. I too drop down to 40kmh while messing around with configuration. In the end I just said, start again, and re-loaded everything from scratch. All of a sudden the bike felt like it did with the chain. It was strange, but something in the configuration was messed up. I run a completely standard 850w lmx battery and all the standard settings of the LMX. Mode 3 166.
Yesterday I installed the newest firmware. I now have a bug, that the speedo doesn‘t work when in Data source - Display. In controller mode it only shows the speed when the motor is running. Everytime I turn off the throttle the speedo says 0. I am sure there must be another place I need to add this config. Going to test today. Still haven’t figured out the speedo problem but today I was at 54kmh, but didn’t reach top speed, due to terrain and end of path. At this speed it has to be flat without bumps, rocks, stumps and stones. Hard to find such a path over 200meters long. My GPS clocked me at 52. The speedo showed 54 but was getting difficult to watch at that speed.
The new firmware has 9 configure savings. I need to test the new multi config savings and see if the system can switch without saving. Noise level. OK there is a noise, but nothing to compared to before the belt. For me it’s the best thing that ever happen to this bike.

The sand challenge. I‘ve never had the opportunity to ride an ebike in sand. I’ve done a quad. That was fun.
On an ebike with bike tyres . wow. Someone should invite me. I’ld love to do it.

briangv99 said:
you're not missing anything, xd is just a little different to shimano

Thanks Briangv99. That video worked a teat and i got it installed. Bike is coming along nicely

Hi Joe,

The new firmware resets the speed input to controller. You need to set it to display for it to work with the wheel sensor.

Thanks for posting your findings...I thought it was just me, but now I'm convinced there is something being changed in the newer firmware. I just can't figure out what.
As mentioned previously, my max speed at 100% is around 40kph which seems too low compared to the previous 55kph I had with the chain.
I think there may be something up in the motor settings. I've seen similar speed changes previously with my Adaptto when the hall or inductance settings are out.
Joe, could you be so kind as to take a photo of your motor settings pages for me. Specifically, the advanced configuration pages like this:
DSC_5969.JPG

I think we can get to the bottom of this if we just compare those settings. Then we can have the new firmware, and normal speeds. :D

I also managed to eliminate my squeaky belt. Turns out it was the motor sprocket not the tensioner. I used RP7 initially, but that didn't work very well, so I tried silicone spray and that's worked great. Same goes for the noisy spring...a good soaking in silicone spray and it's now very quiet. :D

Cheers

Can someone remove the middle screw for the plastic back piece holding the cables going into the Nucular and give me the dimensions? Mine is MIA.

Thanks in advance.

yes for a limited time frame only lmx 64 i'm intrested .
what do you think adam do whe have a deal? building bike for competition sezoen 2021.

Cowardlyduck said:
Hi Joe,

The new firmware resets the speed input to controller. You need to set it to display for it to work with the wheel sensor.

Thanks for posting your findings...I thought it was just me, but now I'm convinced there is something being changed in the newer firmware. I just can't figure out what.
As mentioned previously, my max speed at 100% is around 40kph which seems too low compared to the previous 55kph I had with the chain.
I think there may be something up in the motor settings. I've seen similar speed changes previously with my Adaptto when the hall or inductance settings are out.
Joe, could you be so kind as to take a photo of your motor settings pages for me. Specifically, the advanced configuration pages like this:
DSC_5969.JPG

I think we can get to the bottom of this if we just compare those settings. Then we can have the new firmware, and normal speeds. :D

I also managed to eliminate my squeaky belt. Turns out it was the motor sprocket not the tensioner. I used RP7 initially, but that didn't work very well, so I tried silicone spray and that's worked great. Same goes for the noisy spring...a good soaking in silicone spray and it's now very quiet. :D

Cheers
Hi Cowardlyduck
You can print out the cfg file from LMX. Use a PC and open with notepad. I printed this last week and check all the numbers against the installed numbers. These are different to what you are showing. See picture.
PS I‘m now on the firmware from the 11th March 2020 v0.7.12 and the disp v0.58B Here they had a bug in the speedo display. It was fixed and they have up-dated the loaddown files I think. I was given a hotfix to test and now everything is working.

Attachments

• AA6E5ACE-2C80-4743-B7B4-870862DB55EB.jpeg
    AA6E5ACE-2C80-4743-B7B4-870862DB55EB.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,257
Hey there Joe! Noticed you and CowardlyDuck have or had the same issue that I am experiencing with the March 10th update (display and Nucular). Post-update auto-setup made PAS work satisfactorily; however, the Hall table had different data than the current update and the speedo showed only zero. I put in the new update data on the LMX 64 and the speedo started working, but the entire PAS tuning was wrecked. Power assistance while riding/applying pedal torque has become rough/unpredictable and chain chatter/motor struggle is unusually audible. However, unloaded and on the stand, the bike will hit 40mph with throttle.

Note that I had to set Data Source to Controller.

Any idea on why this happened and what I can do to regain normal/smoother/full PAS operation? Thanks for any advice, hopefully I can be of help too.

Back