E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

Allex said:
Looking at this chart a 5T would reach 50mph on 100V
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63142&start=900#p997058

thanks yes it looks like 5 turns is the sweet spot for me...wonder how the torque compares to a 4065?....I see the Crystalyte chart gives the thrust in newt meters (60.26Nm at 48V 25A)...but they also say 9 kilograms which is heavy unless they are counting wheel too

loos like the stator width a bit more than crown which would probably translate into more torque from what I have read on these forums

Weight: 8.3Kg with aluminium stator for mxus
Stator is 45mm so you will have more torque with same power feed compared to Crystalytes.
I have one 5t in an 24" if you are interested. Brand new.

Allex said:
Weight: 8.3Kg with aluminium stator for mxus
Stator is 45mm so you will have more torque with same power feed compared to Crystalytes.
I have one 5t in an 24" if you are interested. Brand new.

the guy from the site said he thought 4T winding with 24" tires would get me there.... was thinking 19" pro wheel with shinko 241 which probably comes to about 25-26 inches

I am wondering what makes the crown double the price?...its heavier and has a thinner stator maybe more copper??

I would not recommend 19", take 17/18" moped if you want the torque and less heat in motor.
The crystalyte can take out double the cost simply because they can, and most people does not know better. It is a known brand and for a known brand you can charge more money but this does not make it a better motor.

well after a year of piecing together parts, the last of my bits showed up. battery wise I went with a 72v 22ah battery made of 5 packs of 18650 25r cells hooked in series. I bought 2 psu's for charging so i can have one at work and one for home.

Just have to build a battery box and confirm wiring hookup to the bms on my adaptto. I know it seems straighforward, but I'm not looking to accidentally fry an expensive battery, so I have some emails in to adaptto to make sure my wiring makes sense for hooking up to the bms. this is my first ebike, so I'm trying to be patient as its so close to done I dont want to screw something up now.

I also fabbed up a mx style seat that I'm just now covering with foam and covering so I should have that done soon.

I'll take some pics and post when its all together.

First time posting. I have been working on my phasor for a couple of years. Right now have the High Power Cycles revolution motor, 90 volt x 13 amp / hour battery and the HPC 18 FET controller. It has been pretty flawless after the first controller failed, but HPC replaced it. I just put a 19 x 1.85 motorcycle rim because I was getting too many flats and the bicycle rim was denting from curbs and the like. Gets up to 40 mph pretty easy and climbs almost any hill but does heat up when worked hard so just have to regulate how hard you push it. Going to build a Qulbix Raptor next with a Cromotor so we will see how that compares.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 3,211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 3,211
Vinsanity said:
First time posting. I have been working on my phasor for a couple of years. Right now have the High Power Cycles revolution motor, 90 volt x 13 amp / hour battery and the HPC 18 FET controller. It has been pretty flawless after the first controller failed, but HPC replaced it. I just put a 19 x 1.85 motorcycle rim because I was getting too many flats and the bicycle rim was denting from curbs and the like. Gets up to 40 mph pretty easy and climbs almost any hill but does heat up when worked hard so just have to regulate how hard you push it. Going to build a Qulbix Raptor next with a Cromotor so we will see how that compares.

nice! like the color...so is that the crown motor?

ORDERED MY MXUS 3000 and shinko 241 and pro rim.....cannot wait to try it compared to my 4065...have to wait on the adappto my battery voltage too high perhaps when its time to get new batteries

korpin said:
ORDERED MY MXUS 3000 and shinko 241 and pro rim.....cannot wait to try it compared to my 4065...have to wait on the adappto my battery voltage too high perhaps when its time to get new batteries

Yah running your Adapto with the MXUS on 80 volts, OVS on 7, you will totally blow your current set up away.

Know its off topic but went over to HPC looked at their newest bike...I know a lot of people do not like HPC but regardless their new frame is a good design...flush mounted controller and flush charge ports and all wiring inside frame and swingarms nice!...the battery compartment is nice square box...looks easy to work on

Attachments

• revolution.jpg
    revolution.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,159
Rodney64 said:
You'll love the addapto Korpin. I hate riding the phasor now with the 24 fet. So much more control with the addato, no noise and the throttles a lot smoother.

yeah but I got 100 volts and not too crazy about the adappto display I heard thru the grapevine there are some CA compatible sine wave controllers on the way! :D

Rix said:
korpin said:

Yah running your Adapto with the MXUS on 80 volts, OVS on 7, you will totally blow your current set up away.

not even sure what OVS means?....is the secret of adappto being so good is that its sine wave?

korpin said:
Rix said:
korpin said:

not even sure what OVS means?....is the secret of adappto being so good is that its sine wave?

I coined it "over voltage simulated" Allex can tell you what it really means

korpin said:
Rodney64 said:
You'll love the addapto Korpin. I hate riding the phasor now with the 24 fet. So much more control with the addato, no noise and the throttles a lot smoother.

yeah but I got 100 volts and not too crazy about the adappto display I heard thru the grapevine there are some CA compatible sine wave controllers on the way! :D

It will run on 98 volts. No the displays good, a lot easier to navigate. Yes when you need new batteries

Rodney64 said:
korpin said:
Rodney64 said:

It will run on 98 volts. No the displays good, a lot easier to navigate. Yes when you need new batteries

so you had Lyen before? and what areas of performance improved?....speed? climbing? range?

The main benefit's are protection for the controller from over heating. No noise except when approaching top speed and the lead angle kicks in. Fully programmable fro the screen, no need to use a computer, 3 different modes that can be programed differently. Yes I've had lyen and when set up correctly you will have an extra 10 to 15 mph top speed over lyen and other square wave controllers.
The main benefit with this controller over other sine wave controllers is the programmable screen as this is far more user friendly that a CA. like comparing windows 95 to the latest windows.

This is a cut and past from the manual (addapto) . OVS timing - Setting responsible for extra motor speed when the battery voltage is not high enough to achieve the maximum vehicle speed. Works like this: When the PWM cycle is nearly 100%, the controller increases the lead angle, which enables additional speed (and reduced efficiency of the motor). Only if the voltage is limiting the maximum motor speed, not the wind resistance, will this work.

And OVS means overspeed =)
Also one of the most coolest things with it is that it calculates how much distance you can travel on a charge. When you are out, just connect the charger to the controller and it will count down the minutes left to full and also distance. You can also monitor every single cell through the display and balance them.
So it is not just a controller it is a Sine wave controller with a "CA" display but programmable on the fly, also a complete charging solution and battery managing solution(BMS). There no controller out there that can do all of these things at the same time.
It can take what ever power source out there, so if you have a 1800W server power supply you can fill upp your battery in less than 30minutes and go again!
Regular chargers takes everything from 2hours to 8 hours to recharge and it seems forever when you are used to a 30min charge.

How do you charge the packs today korpin? Do you need to split the packs? Many ppl do split the packs and charge their lipos with bulk solutions and then they need to balance them, a lot of time consuming work that just vanishes with Adaptto.

Allex said:
How do you charge the packs today korpin? Do you need to split the packs? Many ppl do split the packs and charge their lipos with bulk solutions and then they need to balance them, a lot of time consuming work that just vanishes with Adaptto.

well I have two chargers hooked together charging two packs yes and the batteries have built in BMS

so the adappto is a complete system so if I get new batteries I should have them built WITHOUT BMS is that correct?

and with a MXUS 4T motor and 90 volts what kinda speed should I expect?

I like the idea of reprogramming without having to hook up computer

Yes build it without BMS
on 74v nominal I get 70km/h and over 100km/h with OVS enabled on maxus 4t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XybF15eNKtI

on 90v probably around 80-90km/h

Vinsanity said:

This is one tough Phasor, really like the metal look with the shark mouth. Running the 19 on the rear means off road obstacles can be abused with impunity. Sweet!

my MXUS arrived...have to agree with other posters nice finish...wish wiring was a bit beefier though

Attachments

• mxus motor.jpg
    mxus motor.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 2,857
Vinsanity said:

where's the controller?

Back