E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

QuietRush said:
On that note, anyone here ride with wrist guards? I've been checking out http://www.mxsouth.com/cti/cti-wrist-braces-cti-ots-wrist-brace.htm but know there are plenty of others. It was a farnarkled left wrist that stopped my (big n fast) dirt bike riding and switched me onto Stealth. Makes me wonder, how many others came to their Stealths from dirt bike riding backgrounds?

two years ago I sold my dirtbike (because now I am 40, old and serious :wink: )
Regarding the wrist guards, none of my dirtbike friends (>150) is using this kind of protection. And since you already broke your wrist, it is to late :wink:

Thanks Quietrush. Fortunately I only copped a bit of dust, but I stay wide for that reason.
As for wrist guards, I never take mine off :lol:

wrist2.jpg

Hey folks.. not sure where i should be mentioning this because i am not overly familiar with this forum..

but just selling my Stealth Bomber if anyone is interested

only selling it because i bought another one! these bikes kick ass

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181071222479#ht_515wt_942

excuse me if this was mentioned it the wrong section
cheers

melbstealthrider said:
Hey folks.. not sure where i should be mentioning this because i am not overly familiar with this forum..
but just selling my Stealth Bomber if anyone is interested
only selling it because i bought another one! these bikes kick ass
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181071222479#ht_515wt_942
excuse me if this was mentioned it the wrong section
cheers

Melbourne Stealth Rider, you are in the right section, if involves Stealth Bikes, this is the thread. Two Bomber huh, well, your butt can only sit on one seat at a time so I guess its understandable to sell one if you don't have anyone close to ride it. I may know of a guy, I will send him a PM and put him in touch with you if hes interested.

Rick

I just took delivery of my Bomber #256...never had this much fun since I was born..LOL. Is there anyone in Singapore who is also a Stealth owner?? Anyone at all?

@eddiej,

The dealer cannot honestly give much backup apart from cheap or free labour as there is next to no net real margin in the bikes, one hub motor or a vboxx and that would wipe out the profit on 2 bikes, plus there are a lot of tyre kickers out there.

The aus factory backup is excellent for parts and advice can be free from the dealer. The bikes are simple to repair and work on it is just that there are a few expensive components such as motor, battery and gearbox.

I think Stealth uk would be best off sliced in to north and south and given exclusively plus a stocking agreement to allow some stock to be held as well as a spares package without having to punt on 6 or 7 bikes with similar spares...that's a lot of dough at work for very little margin and lots of warranty risk. Plus the punter always wants the spec or colour you do not have and technology moves on depreciating the stock.

Buy the bike and get advice on here knowing John will back up the warranty and most bits a normal bike shop or DIY mechanic can fix....I have fixed the tiny issues that cropped up on mine and John was always quick to sort parts of which very little went wrong.

The wires at the rear shock have been improved and it's an easy remedy.

Wher in th uk are you based?

Thanks for the reply justtoby.

I was rained off today, so spent most of my time on Google. Any concerns that I may have had are long gone.

Stupidly I also discovered the Conway E-Rider. Now that is one fantastic bike that I could easily fall in love with. I guess that with no dealers anywhere close that I could find, or a price, perhaps I have just had a lucky escape! :) The noise of it could possibly have done my head as well.

I'm going to contact the factory to discuss the possibilty of and additional cost of having two small lugs with a 6mm threaded hole welded onto either side of the underside of the swingarm, then I shall hopefully take things further.

Ref location, in the scheme of things, I'm not that far from you. I'm based in Croworough.

All of my joints are completely shot from both work and GP250 race crashes, but I desperatly need my fix of fun and speed, so I figured that green laning would be the answer. I bought myself a 2T KTM, but rapidly realsied that my body just can't take it anymore, so sold that and have now ended up here after a mate showed me a Stealth video. I intend to use the bike for riding all of the greenlanes in Sussex and Hampshire, so I'm pretty sure that I'll end up over your way as well at some stage. My first ride on the bike will be this lane which I have been wanting to tackle for many years now, and is only a few minutes away from me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDnnFullfRQ It is worse that it looks.

Edit, I have managed to get a price for the Conway E-Rider performance and Extreme. At 5k and 5.6k respectively, a spanner has now been thrown in the works.

Hello Stealth Bike Owners,

I will be purchasing my first bad ass electric bike Stealth Bomber. When I was little I had a little motocross bike, my dad got it for me and my sister for christmas. Unfortunately where I lived was many places you could really ride without paying gate fees. We had to get rid of it because riding it in the yard can only be fun for so long. Ever since then I wanted to relive that feeling on the motocross bike. A few years ago I brought my first bike a cheapo Currietech Trails Bike. It was okay but I found it sucked at getting up hills and I was just having all kinds of problems with it. I took a break from biking mainly because of my busy schedule and a deployment. I was still craving that thrill of years ago. From what I saw of the Stealth. I think it will bring back the feelings I had a kid on that motocross bike. The feeling of just enjoying the ride.

I do plan use the Stealth as a commuting bike. I live about two miles from work not very long commute at all. But I am thinking of touring on it. I know most people are trying to go faster. I wanna go descent speed but for long distances. I want to be able go camping with it. I know most people why not get a more street bike it would be cheaper but I like the idea of getting out of the way if I have to and the fact that I can go on Biking Trails with it. I am looking for any good ideas for setups for storage of gear not super big gear. Also any easy weight savings to cut weight, i.e.. suspension, chains, forks. I would prefer not to mess with battery or motor. I have a few ideas myself such as a Solar panel Bike cover. Any ideas or any aftermarket parts people or any people that have a shop where they can come up with idea would be cool. I have good ideas I am just don't really have the tools or shop. I'm excited to be part of a new community of people and Look forward to conversation and input. By the way I live in Biloxi Mississippi crazy place to be involved in electrobikes lol.

Welcome to the club Snapperboy. I lived in Mississippi for 6 months and have been to Biloxi a few times. I think you will have the only bomber in Biloxi. Ive had my Bomber for 9 months now. I love it. Cant say enough good things about it. Having a dirt bike background, I was really surprised that I liked my Bomber as much as I do. So much that I sold both my KTMs because like you, I work alot and don't have alot of free time. So I found myself riding the Bomber way more than my gassers during the free time I had. This forum has been a super source of great information. I haven't seen a question yet that hasn't been answered. Also, Darin Brin and Mike Brown (?) have been awesome after the sale support for the North America element. So awesome infact that I have ordered parts for guys in other countries through Darin. Anyway the only advise I can offer you right now is that the wait is worth it. You mentioned deployment, Gulf Port Seabee? SBT22?

Rick

Yes welcome aboard snapperboy. I'm actually going out for one of those rides now. That feeling of going out and enjoying the ride. It puts me on a high for the rest of the day. No ride today :cry: if I ride :)

(RIX) Awesome so overall have you liked your bomber, any problems you have and if you had were they simple fixes. When I was a kid I always wanted a KTM because it was so rare in our area you would see many Japanese stuff like typical honda and Yamaha. I just KTM were cool because they were rare. I will say that Electric I think will win out in the motocross eventually. Its so much less maintenance more care free and to me that is the way i want to ride un like classic Harley's always braking down. Haven't talked with those guys yet. But know a guy in aus that is making some pretty sweet aftermarket parts http://www.quigleymotorsport.com
he has some neat stuff but shipping in all. Yeah good thing is the warehouse in cali has plenty in stock unfortunately they only have black and white but I can get mine in few days. I was thinking of getting some style on it from a vinyl wrap. No I just moved to biloxi i am in training for weather. I was on a deployment on the USS Bataan

(Rondey64) Sounds like good times I'll be able to enjoy one of those soon :)

snapperboy87 said:
(RIX) Awesome so overall have you liked your bomber, any problems you have and if you had were they simple fixes. When I was a kid I always wanted a KTM because it was so rare in our area you would see many Japanese stuff like typical honda and Yamaha. I just KTM were cool because they were rare. I will say that Electric I think will win out in the motocross eventually. Its so much less maintenance more care free and to me that is the way i want to ride un like classic Harley's always braking down. Haven't talked with those guys yet. But know a guy in aus that is making some pretty sweet aftermarket parts http://www.quigleymotorsport.com
he has some neat stuff but shipping in all. Yeah good thing is the warehouse in cali has plenty in stock unfortunately they only have black and white but I can get mine in few days. I was thinking of getting some style on it from a vinyl wrap. No I just moved to biloxi i am in training for weather. I was on a deployment on the USS Bataan

(Rondey64) Sounds like good times I'll be able to enjoy one of those soon :)

I know Quigley of quigleymotorsport. He is known as QMS on this forum. Talked with him via PM. He has lots of stuff for the Bomber. Need to get around to ordering a kickstand from him. You see something you like, send him a PM, he will answer it. The only problem I had with the Bomber was using the regen button. It would loosen my hub motor axle nuts. I made an axle torque block based loosely on Cruzxia pinch designe. Now it never comes loose. Stealth has been working on the problem and I think it has since been remedied. I say that because none of the new bomber owners have reported about that issue, at least on this forum.
Lower maintanance for sure. I would be interested in vinal wrap. I have seen it on cars and it looks trick.

Rick

Loving all this new activity on the thread :) . Welcome everyone. As Rix said, this is the place to be if you have any questions that need answering. There is a collective wealth of information here.

It is one of those purchases you wont regret and also worth keeping in mind the excellent resale value on these bikes for added piece of mind.

After sale backup is great also but feel free to ask us here first. Most of the time the fix is simple and if there is a bit more to it, we will soon let you know so you take it to the next step. :wink:

Looking forward to hearing about some new riding experiences.

Rodney64 said:
Yes welcome aboard snapperboy. I'm actually going out for one of those rides now. That feeling of going out and enjoying the ride. It puts me on a high for the rest of the day. No ride today :cry: if I ride :)

Rod, I missed your comment. Same here, a day with no ride :x, a day with a ride :D

Rick

EddieJ said:
Thanks for the reply justtoby.

I was rained off today, so spent most of my time on Google. Any concerns that I may have had are long gone.

Stupidly I also discovered the Conway E-Rider. Now that is one fantastic bike that I could easily fall in love with. I guess that with no dealers anywhere close that I could find, or a price, perhaps I have just had a lucky escape! :) The noise of it could possibly have done my head as well.

I'm going to contact the factory to discuss the possibilty of and additional cost of having two small lugs with a 6mm threaded hole welded onto either side of the underside of the swingarm, then I shall hopefully take things further.

Ref location, in the scheme of things, I'm not that far from you. I'm based in Croworough.

All of my joints are completely shot from both work and GP250 race crashes, but I desperatly need my fix of fun and speed, so I figured that green laning would be the answer. I bought myself a 2T KTM, but rapidly realsied that my body just can't take it anymore, so sold that and have now ended up here after a mate showed me a Stealth video. I intend to use the bike for riding all of the greenlanes in Sussex and Hampshire, so I'm pretty sure that I'll end up over your way as well at some stage. My first ride on the bike will be this lane which I have been wanting to tackle for many years now, and is only a few minutes away from me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDnnFullfRQ It is worse that it looks.

Edit, I have managed to get a price for the Conway E-Rider performance and Extreme. At 5k and 5.6k respectively, a spanner has now been thrown in the works.

Before you decide why don't you come over and have a blast on mine? You are quite welcome to try.

Delay on my Bomber, I have to send check in because my credit card won't charge the entire price oh well its only a extra week wait, I figured that gives me more time to get helmet in such. I picked out my lock choice however. I don't know if you guys have heard of this company out of england called Kabros. check out the video below. I think it would really scare the shit out of someone trying to steal your buy.

[youtube]qoEbeteATTA[/youtube]

I got to look into a helmet think of a motorcross style don't want thing super big, I guess this weekend I got to find some BMX or motorcross stores to see what they have.Not sure how many they have around my area. If you guys have opinions on bike helmets let me know.

EddieJ said:

I really like the Conway too, I'm sure it'd be a very nice ride. Would I swap my Fighter for one? Not a chance. Too many chains, too much noise as you said. 2kW peak power vs 3kW for the Fighter. 695 Watt hour battery on the e-rider vs 1000 Wh on the Fighter. On the plus side, it's a mid-drive so it'd climb more extreme gradients like 20%+.

Conway e-rider.jpg

Remf:
I would agree seems like a neat bike but when things are complicated they tend to have problems and more maintenance. Plus if it is anything like the Optibike in terms of sounds no thank you. I like the quietness in the stealth. I don't want tons of people hearing me miles away or even yards away. I guess to each its one because there will be plenty of people that buy the Conway for the ability to climb steeper hills.

If you connect a handlebare mounted ca before you cut the wire on frame mounted CA will you get full power

Kepler said:
I believe you will. Keep in mind you will need to copy all the settings from the existing CA and input these settings into the new ca

Thanks Kepler

remf said:
EddieJ said:

I really like the Conway too, I'm sure it'd be a very nice ride. Would I swap my Fighter for one? Not a chance. Too many chains, too much noise as you said. 2kW peak power vs 3kW for the Fighter. 695 Watt hour battery on the e-rider vs 1000 Wh on the Fighter. On the plus side, it's a mid-drive so it'd climb more extreme gradients like 20%+.

Conway spare battery cost is 949.95 EUR (Incl. 19% VAT)*. How much is a Stealth spare?

* http://www.e-rider-shop.de/index.php?cPath=24

Never had to open it up to look at it let alone replace it but it is about the same price for a replacement pack on the Fighter.

@snapperboy
have a look at downhill helmets like
specialized deviant 2
o'neal fury rl

these helmets offer a very good protection AND ventilation. A mx helmet offers protection only

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359700915.443524.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359700930.860467.jpg

I actually found a helmet, I like I was thinking of downhill helmet like you mentioned dh-paule. I started to think well I'm not going to be riding downhills or going off road too much, and my second though was if I get helmet people might make me stand out as a motorized bike. I looking at Urge Helmet or similar
418106KxtEL._SX385_.jpg

I think it will be good because it is little better then off the stelf helmet from walmart but not something that will make me stand out. Thanks for the input dh-paule.

Back