E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Kepler said:
chucho said:
Cant remember... Has anyone mount a PAS on a fighter? I saw it on a bomber. Any photos?

I ran a PAS on my Fighter for ages through a CA3 interface. Worked really well but I am back to plain old throttle again now. No reason not to run it, just haven't got around to reinstating it since rebuilding the bike after tidying up the paintwork.

Hey Kep,
Are you going to run the same set up on the Beta? Or do you just going to have the throttle twist option only?

Kepler said:
chucho said:
Cant remember... Has anyone mount a PAS on a fighter? I saw it on a bomber. Any photos?

I ran a PAS on my Fighter for ages through a CA3 interface. Worked really well but I am back to plain old throttle again now. No reason not to run it, just haven't got around to reinstating it since rebuilding the bike after tidying up the paintwork.

Thank you for sharing!

Is it plug and play or you had to do any kind of adaptation on the schlumpf?

stritzky said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
1abv said:
Hey all got a question on Le bomber...
Have you all seen that after a full charge the CA battery meter does not read full and its at around 76-80 then If I plug the charger back in it runs for about 2 minutes shuts off and it shows full charge… been happening consistently for about a week now. I've never touched any setting on the CA since I've owned it. Thoughts?

Thanks fellas!

May be the phase detractors…. or the inverse reactive current….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o

Is the problem the battery, or the CA, or can you tell?

Sounds like the battery needs balancing. That's something that's quite normal after some use.

Coolio, according to what I have read Just keep it plugged into the charger for a bit after it ahs fully charged and it will balance. correct?

Is the problem the battery, or the CA, or can you tell?
Not really sure going to try to balance it and see what happens. It changes from 1/2 charge to full charge in about 5 min. I doubt that's an accurate reading on the CA.

Rix said:
Kepler said:
chucho said:

Hey Kep,
Are you going to run the same set up on the Beta? Or do you just going to have the throttle twist option only?

Hi Rix,

Probably throttle only, but through a thumb throttle. Bafang make a really nice lefthand mount thumb throttle which means I can free up the right side for a good quality rapidfire shifter on the right.

chucho said:
Kepler said:
chucho said:

Thank you for sharing!

Is it plug and play or you had to do any kind of adaptation on the schlumpf?

It's never plug and when it comes to this modification on a high powered bike.

Fitting the PAS ring and sensor is straightforward and you will be able to this no problems with the Schlumpf drive.

You controler has PAS built into it. You could easily tap into this if you can flow a wiring diagram (sorry, not meaning sound condescending there :oops: ) . However the controller PAS will give you full power every time it is activated. Fine for 250W setup but not so good for 3500W setup.

I got around this by using the PAS function within the CA3. This again is not a straight forward modification and if you are not familiar with the advanced features of the CA3, I suggest you get involved the CA3 thread and of course read though the user manual.

Presuming you have a CA3 on your Stealth, you will need to change some wiring including the addition the PAS wiring. Stealths with a CA3 have the throttle connected in Legacy mode so basically they work the same way the CA2. To make PAS work, you need to convert to Pass through mode. This means the CA3 accepts a throttle input, does what it need to do with it, and then sends it out to the controller.

Also you will need a special PAS sensor fo the CA3. These are available here http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/ebike-parts/torque-sensors/pas-12p.html

Hope that helps.

Kepler said:
[
Hey Kep,

Hi Rix,

Probably throttle only, but through a thumb throttle. Bafang make a really nice lefthand mount thumb throttle which means I can free up the right side for a good quality rapidfire shifter on the right.[/quote]

Well thought out. I see the advantages of running a left hand thumb throttle. I am guessing you will be running a large single chain ring up front and some kind of 9, 10, or even an 11 speed cog cluster on the rear? What size wheels are going to run? 27.5" aka 650B?

Take a look at this, and scroll down a little. 7 pictures down, what bike you see?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-power-5kw-motor-wheel-electric-wheel-5kw-electric-bike-wheel-5000w-brushless-motor-ebike-conversion/1502643380.html?currencyType=USD&src=facebook&albch=rmkt&acnt=436941659824291&isdl=y&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&albcp=6036037271317&albag=6036038930517

Theodore Voltaire said:
Take a look at this, and scroll down a little. 7 pictures down, what bike you see?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-power-5kw-motor-wheel-electric-wheel-5kw-electric-bike-wheel-5000w-brushless-motor-ebike-conversion/1502643380.html?currencyType=USD&src=facebook&albch=rmkt&acnt=436941659824291&isdl=y&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&albcp=6036037271317&albag=6036038930517

Yah that's becoming more of an occurrence. What was really funny was a couple of years back, one of the Chinese manufactures advertised an Ebike Hub motor kit for around the same price. They showed a Walmart type bike before the motor installaed, and the Bomber after the motor installation. Laughed my ass off for a while about that.

I visited stealth HQ a few weeks ago and we were laughing about clowns doing this sort of stuff. Unfortunately some people were suckered in, and some actually called up stealth afterwards asking for help/support or wondering why their $1000 bomber hadn't been delivered yet :lol:

While on the topic, I saw some cool stuff at the stealth factory, but nothing I can share here :p

and some actually called up stealth afterwards asking for help/support or wondering why their $1000 bomber hadn't been delivered yet

I saw this happen with a guy that purchased an HEB battery and hubmotor kit 2nd hand from a guy claiming to be HEB. Then the guy sent it to the real HEB for support and the lipos were so fuq'd up that the outside caught fire. Got to be careful with those 2nd hand purchases.

Hyena said:
Yeah, that sucks for the HEB guys! :p
(no, really :x )
If it's not signed by Team HEB it's not got collector value :p

sometimes, I miss my Stealth Bomber (and Perth) - this is part of the route I used to ride to work.

Before anyone complains - the route was checked to be clear (and no possibility of anyone on the track) before filming...

[youtube]GnqM6zLpRJg[/youtube]

PRW said:
sometimes, I miss my Stealth Bomber (and Perth) - this is part of the route I used to ride to work.

Before anyone complains - the route was checked to be clear (and no possibility of anyone on the track) before filming...
g[/youtube]

I have been to Dubai, its way more modern than most people would imagine. More modern than any of the US cities I have been to. Dare I say "futuristic" That said, when I was over there, I missed Italy and the US alot. I can understand why you miss Perth. Great video, thanks for making and posting.

Rix said:
I have been to Dubai, its way more modern than most people would imagine. More modern than any of the US cities I have been to. Dare I say "futuristic" That said, when I was over there, I missed Italy and the US alot. I can understand why you miss Perth. Great video, thanks for making and posting.

thanks Rix. yes, Dubai is surreal in terms of buildings, cars, wealth - amazing place.

I may have the possibility of actually moving to San Francisco early next year - only a possibility at this stage, long way to go. Here's hoping! The idea of riding around in your National Parks...

PRW said:
Rix said:

thanks Rix. yes, Dubai is surreal in terms of buildings, cars, wealth - amazing place.

I may have the possibility of actually moving to San Francisco early next year - only a possibility at this stage, long way to go. Here's hoping! The idea of riding around in your National Parks...

If you get over to Frisco, we will hook up for a ride. The half way point between there and where I live is the west side of Lake Tahoe. Lots of riding.

PRW said:
Good luck. Lots of people moving from the Bay due to the rental crisis. Be prepared to shell out the equiv of buying a bomber every 2-3 months.

robohead said:
Good luck. Lots of people moving from the Bay due to the rental crisis. Be prepared to shell out the equiv of buying a bomber every 2-3 months.
Yip, I had a look- rentals seem extreme. It would be closer to Silicon Valley, but rentals don't seem much better there. Looking forward to possibly being a "legal alien" - never knew what Sting was singing about until now!

And me in Fremont near San Fran perhaps, that's a turnup for the books PRW!
I opened those batteries of your up for forensics BTW - will send you an email.

robohead said:
PRW said:

Hey, thats why you got East Oakland. More affordable. But, you still may be shelling out the equivalent of a Bomber every 2-3 months to replace your stolen Bombers :lol:

Rix said:
Hey, thats why you got East Oakland. More affordable. But, you still may be shelling out the equivalent of a Bomber every 2-3 months to replace your stolen Bombers :lol:
Probably.. But even in East Oaktown people are paying $1500-2500 according to zillow.com

After my rent went up to $3400 in San Mateo, I moved down to Sunnyvale for $2700 that went up to $3200 2 years later. After that hike, I knew it was sadly time to leave the bay. But the best part is I'm working remote for a consulting agency in San Jose here in Oregon making SV wages, giving me the ability to get a new bomber in rent savings every year if needed.

Speaking off, anything new on the market made here in the states yet worth a sh*t ?

Back