E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Cowardlyduck said:
It's been too long, but I finally got my Adaptto Mini-E setup with my Leaf Motor on my Fighter.
DSC_2531.jpg

DSC_2539.jpg

Took it for a spin today and it works great. The Adaptto makes for an excellent climber on steep/rough terrain and just plows through everything with minimal amps draw.
The new suspension (front and rear) is much improved over stock, and I can run my tires at lower pressures now less risk of pinch flats since the suspension can absorb impacts fast enough to prevent them.

I still desperately need to get a new battery. The original stock pack is sagging over 14V when I ask it for more than 60A :shock: :lol:

Apart from that, my fan cooled Leaf motor works well. The fans kept the heat under 80C with some very steep, technical riding. They also kept running fine through countless creak/stream crossings and massive puddles.
I was very glad I fitted that old mud guard to the frame before the controller. If you look closely in the pic above you should see it. It shields the controller very well, while still allowing plenty of cool air to pass over it for cooling.

I also found myself in the middle of a MTB race during my ride today. Needless to say, it was quite hilarious to overtake a bunch of guy's racing on my now completely silent Fighter. I don't think half of them could tell it was electric since the complete silence and direct rear view don't really give it away very easily.

Cheers

Beautiful Pics Blake, worth reposting! Your bike looks sick and bad a$$. The forks and shock upgrade along with the Mini E, that state of art machinery now. Unless you say otherwise, I am going to post the pic of your Fighter with Roos in the back ground on the Performance Ebikes Anonymous Facebook page. So is your Fighter faster and accelerating harder now with Mini E and the Leaf vs when you had the Leaf and stock controller? DO you have a top speed figure with OVS on 7? You mentioned the volts sagging 14 wot drawing 60Amps, Yah definitely need retire that battery. Again, very nice pics.

Thanks Sam and Rick.
No worries reposting the photo's. I would have taken better shots on a proper camera had I known...these were just on my crappy phone.

Without a decent battery, or fully tuned (still working on it) controller only OVS 1 and 2 seem to do anything. I can get about 65kph with OVS2, where as it's about 50-55kph on OVS0. Based on that, with a decent battery around the 50V mark, I would expect to see 80-90kph on OVS7. It really chews the amps though, so not sure if I would recommend doing it for long.
I'm thinking about going 14S with my next battery. 14S is 58.8 fully charged which means I can still use my existing chargers, and my existing DC-DC converters, and only need some minor adjustments to still run my series cooling fans setup. I would expect about 60kph on OVS0 and 75kph on OVS2-3 with a 14S pack on the Leaf motor which is a 4 turn.

I have an issue however. I recently added a bunch of grease to my Schlumpf as I hadn't for a long time. For the first few hundred kms it was fine, however now when I engage overdrive, I can feel the grinding of the gears. It still works fine, and takes all the pedal power I can through at it. Should I flush out the grease and change to oil (it's summer hear now, so getting quite warm) or will the grinding reduce over time?

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Thanks Sam and Rick.
No worries reposting the photo's. I would have taken better shots on a proper camera had I known...these were just on my crappy phone.

Without a decent battery, or fully tuned (still working on it) controller only OVS 1 and 2 seem to do anything. I can get about 65kph with OVS2, where as it's about 50-55kph on OVS0. Based on that, with a decent battery around the 50V mark, I would expect to see 80-90kph on OVS7. It really chews the amps though, so not sure if I would recommend doing it for long.
I'm thinking about going 14S with my next battery. 14S is 58.8 fully charged which means I can still use my existing chargers, and my existing DC-DC converters, and only need some minor adjustments to still run my series cooling fans setup. I would expect about 60kph on OVS0 and 75kph on OVS2-3 with a 14S pack on the Leaf motor which is a 4 turn.

I have an issue however. I recently added a bunch of grease to my Schlumpf as I hadn't for a long time. For the first few hundred kms it was fine, however now when I engage overdrive, I can feel the grinding of the gears. It still works fine, and takes all the pedal power I can through at it. Should I flush out the grease and change to oil (it's summer hear now, so getting quite warm) or will the grinding reduce over time?

Cheers

Yah, 14s or even 16s could be a really sweet deal with OVS kept around 2. As far as your schlumpf goes, I am betting your got a pebble or something in the main gear, and the planetary gears are crunching on it when you pedal. I wouldn't use oil, I think oil would leak out of the cover as its not very tight. Just a good synthetic gear grease like the Superlube stuff I use which has a working temp range of -45F to 450F so its more than good for us.

A question since i may be a little not up to date :
is there a kickstand yet for a bomber that costs less than 495aud and fits the bomber without any mod?

bigbore said:
Tell me your best advice about which pressure should I inflate the rear MC tyre.
I rode for the first week with a rear tyre pressure of 15PSI (very good on the sand and lose stuff) but last ride I hit the edge of a sidewalk and seemed to me that the rim touched the edge of the sidewalk at speed of about 20Km/h, nothing broke but I had the impression that the rear tube could be pinch flatted if I keep doing things like that.
So yesterday I increased the rear pressure at 17,5PSI and I'm going to try the rear tyre that way.
Interesting you chose 17.5 PSI.

I ride on a mix of trails and often hitting square edge embedded rocks at speeds of 15 to 35kmh. I have the tubliss system in a rear 19" MC setup with SR241 tire. It's pretty easy to feel when the tire compresses in all the way and the inner high pressure "liner" takes a hit. I find I get good enough rear traction and acceptable rim protection with 17.5 PSI. If I had a regular inner tube, I'd probably go up to 20 PSI, because a flat rear completely sux when I'm 5 or 10km from base.

Athaneco said:
is there a kickstand yet for a bomber that costs less than 495aud and fits the bomber without any mod?

I have made a beautiful kickstand but it costs more then 495aud :shock:

bigbore said:
Athaneco said:

Maybe it is a good marketing idea to give a bonus free bike with it , to make it a bit more attractive to potential buyers
:shock:

Athaneco said:
bigbore said:
Athaneco said:

Maybe it is a good marketing idea to give a bonus free bike with it , to make it a bit more attractive to potential buyers
:shock:

The great thing is that I do not have to take account of buyers.
Some years ago I made the molds and molded for myself a pre-preg carbon rc offshore that costs 3 times those of China and no one will buy it :mrgreen:

:shock:[/quote]

The great thing is that I do not have to take account of buyers.
Some years ago I made the molds and molded for myself a pre-preg carbon rc offshore that costs 3 times those of China and no one will buy it :mrgreen:[/quote]

:D , but really, i have to find a kickstand somewhere that is reasonably priced and fits the bomber with no mods. is there any?

Allex said:
Where is TV? He did buy a stand that was made for 80cc dirtbike.

yes, thats the kickstand on my old green bomber, which i was so clever to sell together with the kickstand,, why? :x ,,

for this kickstand(universal dirt bike kickstand) i had to

- chop a piece of the the bracket and weld the 2 pieces back, sand the weld.
- to make a new flat backplate and drill screw holes to it
- replace the supporting tube with one of lesser diameter,
- cut off screws that were too long
- line the bracket and plate with rubber
- weld a new plate(that meets the ground) on the supporting tube at a new angle.
-weld on this tube the support of the spring

and still,,, since the swing arm is tapered , the kickstand would still after some time, slip towards the motor. i wouldn't call it plug and play. I need a ready made kickstand :)

Hey yall,
tried doing a search to no avail... Is a partial charge on the battery bad for it? I ride in the a.m. and do not have time before work to give it a full charge before I have to leave.
When I get back home in the PM I charge it the rest of the way... Is this bad for the battery? Or is it better to let it sit until I get home to charge it all at once?

Thanks fellas.

No not at all, the best for the battery if you let it work between about 20-90%
So if you never fully charge and never totally discharge you can double the cycle count, e.g from 1000 cycles to 2000 or more
More here:
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

stritzky, keep forgetting about your battery build, I need to get back to you weather 40A battery will fit!

Assuming your charger balances your battery once it is 'full' it may be optimal to occasionally allow it to charge fully to ensure the pack is balanced. Other than that, couldn't agree more Allex :p

Athaneco said:
Maybe the one from Artur does fit. I dont know.... :roll:

Allex said:
Where is TV? He did buy a stand that was made for 80cc dirtbike.

Good question Allex. Where is TV? I hope he is ok.

TV, how about a quick post so we know you are alright.

http://www.stealthelectricbikes.com/forums/topic/install-a-kick-stand/

Here is TV Stealth Electric Bikes forum link to how he modded a Moose Racing CR80 kick stand.

Allex said:
No not at all, the best for the battery if you let it work between about 20-90%
So if you never fully charge and never totally discharge you can double the cycle count, e.g from 1000 cycles to 2000 or more
More here:
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

stritzky, keep forgetting about your battery build, I need to get back to you weather 40A battery will fit!

Thanks for the info! much appreciated! Great link.

DasDouble said:
Athaneco said:
Maybe the one from Artur does fit. I dont know.... :roll:

I'm very happy with my stand. It's a moose racing clamp on stand for a Honda CR80. It's not a direct bolt on, but it's pretty easy to mod up the back half of the clamp.

http://www.stealthelectricbikes.com/forums/topic/install-a-kick-stand/

My next trick is going to be installing wider rims. I plan to have them on my bike before next years riding season starts. I wish 80mm, but I think I'll probably settle for 65mm because they'll fit our stock forks. Has anyone heard of these?

http://www.robsson.de/en/wide-rims/36-spoke-holes/double-wall-rims/24-rim-size/

Theodore Voltaire said:
My next trick is going to be installing wider rims. I plan to have them on my bike before next years riding season starts. I wish 80mm, but I think I'll probably settle for 65mm because they'll fit our stock forks. Has anyone heard of these?

Look like nice rims, what tire do you plan on running with these rims?

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

Look like nice rims, what tire do you plan on running with these rims?

Hook Worms are my favorite choice.

I run those rims up front as a 50mm wide or 65mm option from classiccycles.de
Here's one on a Flux Alpha
https://instagram.com/p/6byHTknFU0/?taken-by=ballaratebikes

The Berm Masters shown are a bit washy at speed. Due to lack of stiffness. Nice for sand.
I've been trying to convince Maxxis USA to make me a batch of a 24x3.0 Holy Roller with Kevlar in the wall. Hookworms with bite.
I need some help with Maxxis via someone in the USA. Rix - are you game buddy? Because I am in asia Maxxis head office had to shut it down due to them not covering my area downunder.

Samd said:
I run those rims up front as a 50mm wide or 65mm option from classiccycles.de
Here's one on a Flux Alpha
https://instagram.com/p/6byHTknFU0/?taken-by=ballaratebikes

The Berm Masters shown are a bit washy at speed. Due to lack of stiffness. Nice for sand.
I've been trying to convince Maxxis USA to make me a batch of a 24x3.0 Holy Roller with Kevlar in the wall. Hookworms with bite.
I need some help with Maxxis via someone in the USA. Rix - are you game buddy? Because I am in asia Maxxis head office had to shut it down due to them not covering my area downunder.

I'll take a box of ten thanks Sam!!!

Back