E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Has there been any thoughts on FUTR apparel? t-shirts, hoodies and caps spring to mind.. I think I'd buy a couple. Similarly there's no link on the Stealth website to buy it. [there's a possibility I'm just blind]

Its pretty easy to write off in favor of sticking to the main business model of selling bikes, but its underestimating the amount of extra $$ that can be bought in if the margins on it are good. Pretty simple way to catch follow up sales after selling a bike, increasing the overall spend and the experience for the customer, not mention free advertising....

Guys sorry for offtopic, but I´m looking for some footpegs for my Frame (not stealth). Has anyone of you managed to put some on their swingarm for a second passenger :?:

IMO if Stealth would add lights, and fenders, and pas to the P7 it would have potential to be Stealth's biggest seller. As a dirt bike it's going to bomb, but as a street bike it would have everything it needs to rule the street.

Lowest price in the Stealth line
Maximum legal power in most states
Plus it has the Stealth name

Theodore Voltaire said:
IMO if Stealth would add lights, and fenders, and pas to the P7 it would have potential to be Stealth's biggest seller. As a dirt bike it's going to bomb, but as a street bike it would have everything it needs to rule the street.

Lowest price in the Stealth line
Maximum legal power in most states
Plus it has the Stealth name

And then after you've been riding a while, and it becomes time to expand your kingdom, I would add a 3000w motor.

Looking to purchase 18650 cells from Battery Bros. Higher amps lower mah. What's the best trade-off power to capacity? My needs are high speed as much distance as possible.?? 21s - 9P cell suggestions? My old pack still works but cuts out during my commute at about 10 ah press region kicks back on to finish my commute. I can still ride many more miles pretty quick just not wot. So I guess it's time for a new pack.

.deleted.

Theodore Voltaire said:
30 days and 2 backers. The campaign's not exactly burning it down.
'

Well, the prototypes are not really sold "at cost", which diverges from the cooperative kickstarter spirit. The upgrade from 1000 to 1500 wh for example is sold for 1000 AUD. This is 1500 USD per kwh, way above market prices. And those prices do not include shipping, vat and import taxes.

courcheval said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
30 days and 2 backers. The campaign's not exactly burning it down.
'

Well, the prototypes are not really sold "at cost", which diverges from the cooperative kickstarter spirit. The upgrade from 1000 to 1500 wh for example is sold for 1000 AUD. This is 1500 USD per kwh, way above market prices. And those prices do not include shipping, vat and import taxes.
now 6 backers.... 15 days to go

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...lth-p-7-electric-commuter-bike?ref=nav_search
AU$ 65,475 pledged of AU$ 100,000 goal
20 backers
12 days to go

In the newz, "Tough Stealth P-7 E-bike":
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/03/31/beefy-stealth-p-7-e-bike-packs-range-toughness-versatility/

Ends:Final Thoughts On The Stealth P-7 E-Bike
... last para:
Now, no one said modern day e-bikes are cheap when they pack power and performance. As far as I’m concerned, the Stealth P-7 e-bike comes as close to everything I want in a versatile package.

:)

DasDouble said:
Guys sorry for offtopic, but I´m looking for some footpegs for my Frame (not stealth). Has anyone of you managed to put some on their swingarm for a second passenger :?:

I fab'd a couple of M14x1.50 pitch flange nuts out of these. http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EM&Product_Code=JS-RNW-01&Category_Code=L1 You could shave down the cone just a little bit, and they would stick out off the axle on the hub motor long enough for a passenger to rest part of the foot on. I know its a ghetto solution, but the other option is getting folding passenger foot pegs and welding the mount onto the swing arm, which would be better, but more involved.

Very dengerous to have feet on the swingarm, If you hit a pot hole or driving along on uneven road this could lead to severe injures if your passanger foot would slide into the wheel due to swingarm back kicking hard.
I know because I had a passenger on the back on a bike with stunt pegs not to mention that it is very uncomfortable to have constantly strong kicks to the feet while driving.
Anyway..you could always try out installing fiddy stunt pegs, but be very careful.
CIMG1558-vi.jpg

Allex said:
Very dengerous to have feet on the swingarm, If you hit a pot hole or driving along on uneven road this could lead to severe injures if your passanger foot would slide into the wheel due to swingarm back kicking hard.
I know because I had a passenger on the back on a bike with stunt pegs not to mention that it is very uncomfortable to have constantly strong kicks to the feet while driving.
Anyway..you could always try out installing fiddy stunt pegs, but be very careful.
CIMG1558-vi.jpg

Totally agree Allex, that said, if one wants to mount passenger foot pegs on an ebike, very limited options.

Maybe not political correct to say so, but it ain't that long ago 2 up riding was done for the most part with pegs on the swing arm.

In the 70-80's it was a common thing to ride with passenger foot pegs on the swing arm, both for mopeds, and motorcycles. Riding 2 up on dirtbikes we didn't even mount pegs, just carefully placed our heel on the swing arm when riding passenger. Back in the days of course this was before the mono shock ruled, and the twin shocks made swing arm have less travel then todays mono shock linkage setups, then again the suspension was not as good as it is today.

However swing arm mounted passenger footpegs can easily be made safer by adding some protection triangle shaped brackets that bolts on to the foot pegs when clamped to swing arm. It will make it much harder to get foot stuck, plus that if you do swing arm footpegs use metal ones with great grips and not the rubber ones that can get slippery if covered in mud, clay or waterspray. But pegs will move with the swing arm.

I've ridden bikes like that for years, with passenger, as a passenger without any problems. And so did all my friends. Can't remember a single incident where people got hurt because of those pegs. Mostly it comes down to "educate" the passenger, and the man on the throttle. Passenger needs to pay attention to the road, see what is ahead and not just ride like stiff corp behind you. And for the rider in front also, to ride with the mind focused on riding as soft and smooth as possible and not endanger the passenger.

I would only worry if you slide with your bike, that this thing will cause the bike to get stuck on something with high speed which will cause this thing to bend. And by that also damage your axle. And if you have a damaged axle, I see no chance to use that motor again, if you can not mount a screw on it to tighten it to your frame, as it is not possible to replace that axle, as far as I know.. :roll: :| :?:

PS: These things are freaking expensive.. I better ask my local metal worker if he can do something like Artur has for his kickstand and if he can weld some stock footpegs on it which can get folded inside.

Just a quick update on my Bomber(#178, 2012).

I have wanted to do a MC rim upgrade for a long time as my rear rim was in need of help after years of abuse. After studying and getting prices on everything I was finding it a bit daunting with so many options to consider, wait times with a quality wheel builder, etc. Then I found out Stealth HQ can do the MC rim upgrades. I cut the spokes and posted my hub to them. The process was simple and fast as I had my new wheel back and installed in under two weeks. They also pressed a new axle into my old motor as the old threads were toast. The wheel went back on easy with the brakes lining up perfect. I forgot to weigh it before and after but the weight doesn't feel any different when riding. The trial tyre makes less road noise than the Razorback too.

I also purchased the new torqueblocks from Cowardlyduck. Mate these things are sweet! I can hammer the regen as much as I like now! I ride in a hilly area so I like regen as it saves my brakes too.

I also put on a new front tyre(Razorback), and brake pads. My bomber rides better than new now(minus the scratches and slightly less wh now). So happy!

Attachments

• 20170401_183934 (800x450).jpg
    20170401_183934 (800x450).jpg
    98 KB · Views: 2,703
Dassouble you can use any fotpegs in metal. Foldable is a plus but not mandatory. A clamp in its most simple form can be to steel pieces larger then the swing arm, where you dremel out enough material so that you can clamp those on to the swing arm. Drill holes for bolts and use locktite to fasten. To increase safety do bolt on a safety piece that stops feet from entering spokes. If you get china foot pegs those are like 8-10 $ a pair free shipping. Then you can look around for scrap steel pieces to make your clamp on fastening brackets for the pegs. Should be completed for less then 15$ if you do it yourself.

ezza said:
I also purchased the new torqueblocks from Cowardlyduck. Mate these things are sweet! I can hammer the regen as much as I like now! I ride in a hilly area so I like regen as it saves my brakes too.
Thanks! Glad they're working out for you, and awesome to see them installed on some other bikes now. :)

I still have 7 left if anyone else is interested.

Cheers

ezza said:
Just a quick update on my Bomber(#178, 2012).

I have wanted to do a MC rim upgrade for a long time as my rear rim was in need of help after years of abuse. After studying and getting prices on everything I was finding it a bit daunting with so many options to consider, wait times with a quality wheel builder, etc. Then I found out Stealth HQ can do the MC rim upgrades. I cut the spokes and posted my hub to them. The process was simple and fast as I had my new wheel back and installed in under two weeks. They also pressed a new axle into my old motor as the old threads were toast. The wheel went back on easy with the brakes lining up perfect. I forgot to weigh it before and after but the weight doesn't feel any different when riding. The trial tyre makes less road noise than the Razorback too.

I also put on a new front tyre(Razorback), and brake pads. My bomber rides better than new now(minus the scratches and slightly less wh now). So happy!

Not sure if its common knowledge or not, but Stealth will lace up a 19MC rear wheel for a customer on a case by case bases. Got to ask for it, the they do it. Ever notice Jack Fields' Hurricane? Its running a 19MC rear on the back, that came from Stealth.

Cowardlyduck said:
ezza said:
Thanks! Glad they're working out for you, and awesome to see them installed on some other bikes now. :)

I still have 7 left if anyone else is interested.

Cheers
I have never heard before about your torqueblock thing.. Could you tell me what this is? Thanks :) ps: I ride no stealth

Oh cool, I need some like these for my frame too. I feel my axle a bite lose when I switch from regen to accelleration etc... Thanks for that information:)

Rix said:
Not sure if anyone else has heard this yet, but Stealth's new P7 has been released. I guess its a kickstarter intro for now. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1357249345/the-stealth-p-7-electric-commuter-bike?ref=user_menu

Good to see the P7 is fully funded. Smashed through the $100K mark last night. Has hit $119K with 5 days to go. Will be interesting to see what they reach at the end of the campaign. $150K isn't out of the question.

Best thing is the investors can be confident that this is not vaporware and that they will receive their bikes as per the campaign timeline.

Yeah i pulled the trigger a week or so ago, had been watching nervously thinking it might not make the target, but this morning it went from $82K to $119k. Am now super excited to get it :)

aksquared said:
Yeah i pulled the trigger a week or so ago, had been watching nervously thinking it might not make the target, but this morning it went from $82K to $119k. Am now super excited to get it :)

Please post up your first ride thoughts when you receive your
P7

Back