E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

If people look at what they actually will spend to build their own I guess them early bird prices is fair and ok.
IT is easy to do an excel sheet and put down the costs for needed parts, and surely most will save money or so it will look at the spread sheet. Real world might be different. Order wrong parts, or try to save a little extra and go for alibaba battery etc. Get wrong dimensions when ordering clamps, bearings etc. And lets not forget about DIY accidents like burning things. At least for me I know the first build turned up a lot more expensive then what my initial spread sheet told me. And I was even lucky to get a couple of great priced second hand items. I still managed to fcuk up things and order wrong parts etc.

To be honest if I was in the market for for a the smaller DIY stealth frame I would consider the campaign. At least it will be a legit e-bike. And should the hunger for more power strike, well I would find some spare parts in the garage :)

macribs said:
If people look at what they actually will spend to build their own I guess them early bird prices is fair and ok.
IT is easy to do an excel sheet and put down the costs for needed parts, and surely most will save money or so it will look at the spread sheet. Real world might be different. Order wrong parts, or try to save a little extra and go for alibaba battery etc. Get wrong dimensions when ordering clamps, bearings etc. And lets not forget about DIY accidents like burning things. At least for me I know the first build turned up a lot more expensive then what my initial spread sheet told me. And I was even lucky to get a couple of great priced second hand items. I still managed to fcuk up things and order wrong parts etc.

To be honest if I was in the market for for a the smaller DIY stealth frame I would consider the campaign. At least it will be a legit e-bike. And should the hunger for more power strike, well I would find some spare parts in the garage :)

Alot of Truth here Mac, and lets not forget one of the best parts about the P7 frame. In stock form, the bike will cost about as much as a Specialized Turbo Levo Expert, or on par with any other high end torque sensing pedal ebike from manufactures such as Treck, Bulls, Hai Bike which all have a neat little cute mid drive system like Brose, Bosche or Yamaha. And those bikes do have some better components profiles. Doesn't matter though, like all ebikes, thing will wear out and need to be replaced. As you pointed out, with the P7 frame, it would not be hard to upgrade to a 6-10kw system Like Allex and Hyena can and have done, Edit, and Kepler/// or keep it built the way it is with direct component replacement. Do that with the other systems. Aint going to happen.

Jimboyr6 said:
Rix said:
Not sure if anyone else has heard this yet, but Stealth's new P7 has been released. I guess its a kickstarter intro for now. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1357249345/the-stealth-p-7-electric-commuter-bike?ref=user_menu

Im pretty sure ur better off getting a beta frame and parts from jay half the price,
That price is abit of a joke

That's fine if you can put a Beta together. Although most of us here are confident to do that, we are a small group of enthusiasts. The type of people buying a P7 wont have these skills and probably wont have the inclination to build up a bike from a frame. I recon I put 80 hours into my Beta to build it the way i wanted if I take into account building the custom battery, modifying the controller to be internally mounted, and lacing up the wheels. I dont get out of bed for less then $50 an hour so for me to build a Beta the same as mine for someone else, there's $4,000 just in labour.

As far as new models go, I like the P7 a lot better than this expensive pile O crap. It seems like the manufacturers are going in the wrong direction to me.

https://optibike.com/optibike-simbb-fatr/

Theodore Voltaire said:
As far as new models go, I like the P7 a lot better than this expensive pile O crap. It seems like the manufacturers are going in the wrong direction to me.

https://optibike.com/optibike-simbb-fatr/

Years back, I rode an Opti Bike. They are a great low powered machine that isn't a pedelec. The price is what will keep me from ever buying one. There is now way I am paying 12000-14000 bucks for a 850w-1500w mid drive ebike.

I'm in about a dozen eBike groups on Facebook. Basically what I'm seeing about the P7 is people are making fun it. They think it's underpowered and cost way too much.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I'm in about a dozen eBike groups on Facebook. Basically what I'm seeing about the P7 is people are making fun it. They think it's underpowered and cost way too much.

These folks don't know what they are talking about and shouldn't judge the bike before riding it. The one thing I pride myself on is even though I am die hard Stealth guy, I almost never pass judgement or comment on bikes in a negative manner I haven't personally ridden. I havent ridden a Sonders, so I cant say its good or bad. Same with Vector, Qulbix, and NYX. I can provide a lot of insight on the P7 becuase I have a Beta with a Mac 10, its putting out about 1.5kw maybe a little more HOC. But even with the DC amps turned down to 15, which is just under 750w @ 49 HOC, its a hoot, and will out handle all of my other ebikes on a single track trail. Like the P7, it wont win many drag races, but what the folks commenting about the P7 keep forgetting or not, its a legal bicycle which is what Stealth's intention is. The laws around the world suck, in the US we are limited to 750 watts, most other 1st and 2nd world countries is 250 watts. No matter what bike one is riding, 250watts just isn't going to be that exciting. Even if running the Rolhoff hub with over 500% of gear ratio capability, a 250 watt mid drive will not be fast. Yah, you can gear down so low that 250 watts will climb steep stuff, at 2-3mph, then you will have to up shift and assist to get past 20 MPH out of it. Factor in alot of countries with 250w restriction also require a pedlec type power train. I give pedlec its dues because they are fun, but still sux ballz compared to a throttle.

I'm in agreement the P7 is probably a very excellent bike. Stealth wouldn't waste their time building a piece of crap. I'm just curious about what they want the bike to be for? If it's just all about the single track, which it kind of looks like it is, gee that's probably a really tiny market. If it's for street riders too, there the problem there is that's a really tough market with a lot of competition, and the funny thing about it is, I think most of them are struggling to survive.

You guys know I'm always pushing for more street bikes. If you want to start a revolution you got to go where the numbers are to sell some bikes. I think I know where the numbers are, It's with old people, and they don't want to ride in the dirt. Right now old people are the main customers for eBikes. I know you're thinking, how's it help Stealth knowing that fricking old people are buying all the eBikes lol?

Because very soon eBikes are going to bust out the lethargic dream world they've been stuck in since forever, and old geezers, and geezeretts are going to lead the way, but as public awareness picks up the whole market will explode. That's how Stealth will prosper by a bunch of old geezers buying eBikes.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I'm in agreement the P7 is probably a very excellent bike. Stealth wouldn't waste their time building a piece of crap. I'm just curious about what they want the bike to be for? If it's just all about the single track, which it kind of looks like it is, gee that's probably a really tiny market. If it's for street riders too, there the problem there is that's a really tough market with a lot of competition, and the funny thing about it is, I think most of them are struggling to survive.

You guys know I'm always pushing for more street bikes. If you want to start a revolution you got to go where the numbers are to sell some bikes. I think I know where the numbers are, It's with old people, and they don't want to ride in the dirt. Right now old people are the main customers for eBikes. I know you're thinking, how's it help Stealth knowing that fricking old people are buying all the eBikes lol?

Because very soon eBikes are going to bust out the lethargic dream world they've been stuck in since forever, and old geezers, and geezeretts are going to lead the way, but as public awareness picks up the whole market will explode. That's how Stealth will prosper by a bunch of old geezers buying eBikes.

Single track is where it will shine true enough, but keep sight of the prize, 100% street legal bicycle legal. Even though guys like us here ride 5-15kw machines on the street, and we get away with because we are smart, they aren't legal, technically speaking, the P7 is. Man, I am starting to sound like Chalo. Hey Chalo, if you are still following this thread, chime in.

Got my torque blocks from Cowardlyduck and have been running them for about a week. Im happy to report I am fully able to utilize my regen again!! You may need to file or grind a little to get the proper fit as the should sit flush.

Anybody have a link to some better axle nuts? I dislike the ones I have.

Attachments

• IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,919
  • IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,919
st35326 said:
Got my torque blocks from Cowardlyduck and have been running them for about a week. Im happy to report I am fully able to utilize my regen again!! You may need to file or grind a little to get the proper fit as the should sit flush.

Awesome! Glad they fit and thanks for sharing. :)

Make sure you paint them or they will start to rust over time, unless you live in a desert. :)

I still have 13 left for one one else who is interested.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
st35326 said:

Awesome! Glad they fit and thanks for sharing. :)

Make sure you paint them or they will start to rust over time, unless you live in a desert. :)

I still have 13 left for one one else who is interested.

Cheers
Hey, you gotta problem with the desert? :evil: :lol:

Cowardlyduck said:
Rix said:
Hey, you gotta problem with the desert? :evil: :lol:
LOL - It's certainly good for prevent rust at least. :)

I now only have only 11 clamping torque blocks left, so jump in if you want one guy's, they won't last for ever.

Cheers
BTW, I don't endorse stuff unless they work. I can attest that CD's custom axle torque blocks work. I was going to snap a pic and post, but st35326 already did. I didn't paint mine, I used some cold gun barrel bluing solution and darkened them up.

Yeah, I see the kickstarter has been updated now to show 1000w and 45km/hr for offroad use. 8 People have signed up as of now, I suspect this news will see a big jump in those numbers.

Obviously the 250w thing is to meet regulations for the mass EU and AU market but I'm guessing there was too much backlash/disinterest from potential buyers. 250w is all well and good if you're trundling along a bike path but for offroading (as shown in their promo clips) it would have barely offset the extra mass of the bike. This should keep people happy(er)

15de714cda48116b1c83a7f276ab90dd_original.jpg

you guys see this?
https://www.risseracing.com/voltinator_super.shtml

They have a few different models. and a frame kit… straight outta oregon…

I run their triple clamps on my bomber very high quality suspension stuff dunno about the bikes….

I had a try of Rissa fat bike fork, that didn't work out well for me. Swapped it for a Fox 40. I got to say I didn't spend time or money on the fork, didn't even try to change the stacks so could have been ok with a revalve. I noticed their cheaper version could be a starting point for people that got xtra parts in their garage. Just south of 5K as opposed to the first one linked that was like south of 9K. As always information is running a little thin on their webiste, so we don't know anything about the batteries etc.

https://www.risseracing.com/voltinator.shtml

To be honest I think there are too many great choices of e-bikes today to really make this risse e-bike a blockbuster.

Hyena said:
Yeah, I see the kickstarter has been updated now to show 1000w and 45km/hr for offroad use. 8 People have signed up as of now, I suspect this news will see a big jump in those numbers.

From what I can see on the KS page, there have been 4 signups for actual bikes?

NoFanBoiz said:
Hyena said:

I am following that as well NFB, and keeps fluctuating. Not sure if people are backing, then un-backing the pledges, but is but the amount of signups is fluctuating for some reason.

The P7 does have one big advantage over it's main competition. It has a big ass battery.

Range is one of the most important attributes for an eBike.

Rix said:
NoFanBoiz said:
Hyena said:

I am following that as well NFB, and keeps fluctuating. Not sure if people are backing, then un-backing the pledges, but is but the amount of signups is fluctuating for some reason.

More likely there are just four signups for bikes and the others are "Make a pledge without a reward" donations, as there are now 12 "backers".

Yeah I thought that too but there's $1200+ worth extra money from 8 other backers. It's unlikely they made random donations of $150 on average. You'd think if that was the case they'd at least go the t shirt option for $35.
I think more likely there's been a few people make small donations and the total raised amount may include shipping, which would work out at around the $300 mark based on those figures for 4 bikes.

Back