E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

st35326 said:
Rix said:
="Theodore Voltaire"]frock that, I'm not cutting my frame.[/

Its not a big deal to shave some mm off the head tube, but it needs to be done for some forks. One sure fire set up anyone can run without shaving the head tube is running about any USD fork on the market.[

Like these?
http://dnmshock.com/products-single.php?id=13

Maybe Ill just get the stock ones rebuilt.
Just like those.

It is no stress to remove some of the head tube. That will not make your bike weak or structural unsafe. Nor will it lessen the value.
If you got a great deal for a fork you like just shave off the head tube. Or if you are dead set on no cutting you can always get a custom made steerer tube. Steerer tube are press fitted into the lower tri clamp.

Rix said:
st35326 said:
What's the hot replacement fork right now for the RST, on the Bomber. Seems like everybody used to run the 888 or the Fox 40. Is it the Marzocchi 380 CR Fork?

https://www.marzocchi.com/forks/380-series/380-cr.aspx?idC=62376

I recommended this fork for another ES member, as I had ran an older version on my Bomber for a time. Maybe because of the bottom crown shape, or changes in where the maximum allowed drop on the tubes has change, but this fork isn't correctly fitting on the Bomber without cutting about 5-7mm off of the top of the head tube. For the buck, its a great fork worthy of a suspension revalve, but consider chopping a little off the frames head tube if getting this fork.
I had an issue with the 888 because the length of the forks is longer than stock. Even at the lowest setting in the triples it still gets to raked out for my taste. Part of the issue is the triples have a bend. Where they mount to the forks on the bottom triples is lower than where they mount to the steerer. So I bought a flat set of triples from rissie racing which effectively raised the forks in relation to the frame bringing the front end of the bike back to where it was stock, if not a little lower. The only compromise is tge turning radius gets a bit wider because the triples can touch the bottom of the frame. I've never had an issue riding them. Only time I notice it is if I'm off the bike and turning it around..even then just give it a little gas and wheelie turn all good! I'm not sure if the 360s have the same issues but there you go... For me they are way better than dnm forks. The dnms were way too harsh for non groomed and Rocky trails I ride. Even the 888s aren't the end all I really need to get the avalanche kit. That's my take others may have different experience.

whitebomber said:
What exactly is the downside of the forks being fitted below the maximum line anyway?
You don't want the tire to hit the bottom of the triple clamp, and some fork stanchions have different wall thickness which is not optimal for clamping power. Another thing to consider is throwing the frame geometry out of whack with a steeper head angle.

Give me some opinions of this battery. Don't hold back, you know I'm just a pussycat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/72V25-35AH-Li-on-E-Bike-Battery-Pack-for-Stealth-Bomber-Electric-Bike-/252698282687?var=&hash=item3ad5fdcabf:m:mT-n2xuBvyCn9Ou9fVI1SoA

Theodore Voltaire said:
Give me some opinions of this battery. Don't hold back, you know I'm just a pussycat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/72V25-35AH-Li-on-E-Bike-Battery-Pack-for-Stealth-Bomber-Electric-Bike-/252698282687?var=&hash=item3ad5fdcabf:m:mT-n2xuBvyCn9Ou9fVI1SoA

1900 Dollar for a 2.5kWh Pack??? I will build a 3.2kWh pack with 200Amp continious and Samsung 30Q for 2000 dollar..^^ Waaaaay too expensive.. And then also Panasonic PF.. Good god.. Only thing which stops us from each other is the little lake between us^^

DasDouble said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

1900 Dollar for a 2.5kWh Pack??? I will build a 3.2kWh pack with 200Amp continious and Samsung 30Q for 2000 dollar..^^ Waaaaay too expensive.. And then also Panasonic PF.. Good god.. Only thing which stops us from each other is the little lake between us^^

So what you're saying is this is a pretty good deal if you add labor?

I absolutely love my 21Ah 30Q Bomber uprgrade, courtesy of Alex. Nearly half the weight and size and a little more punch. The 30Q pack sags so little that I have to get 8-10Ah into a ride before the bike will even begin to regen.

Attachments

• IMG_1209.JPG
    IMG_1209.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 3,172
Those are some pretty basic cells TV. Id avoid it. There's others here who can hook you up with a new pack, myself included. As Rix said with the newer cells now you can go smaller and lighter, Or for the same size pack get something with nearly double the range. I made a 35ah pack for a guy upgrading his bomber recently. And flat out pulling max power it's only just hitting 2C

Hyena said:
Those are some pretty basic cells TV. Id avoid it. There's others here who can hook you up with a new pack, myself included. As Rix said with the newer cells now you can go smaller and lighter, Or for the same size pack get something with nearly double the range. I made a 35ah pack for a guy upgrading his bomber recently. And flat out pulling max power it's only just hitting 2C

The Chinese are really weak on the type of battery's with power output a Bomber needs. It's not that they can't make them, it's just that none of their bikes need them.

I'm just glad that when the times comes, there's going to be really good options for a larger capacity. After 10,000 miles, now I have a good understanding of what I really need, and 25 to 28 ah is plenty for my little jungle. I could make it round trip to school running at top speed with about 20ah. I just want enough extra capacity to extend the life of the battery little.

Yeah after years of dealing with the Chinese I've decided they understand putting more cells in parallel but the thought of pulling more than about 40A bewilders them :lol:
And even after explaining until I'm blue in the face some still put in BMSs that were way underspecced or with inadequate nickel, or both.
And lets not even start on the whole quality thing. "why you want to pay double for brand name cells when wing yum cells do same for less ? Quality about same"

Why ? Because hoverboard fires

Hyena said:
Yeah after years of dealing with the Chinese I've decided they understand putting more cells in parallel but the thought of pulling more than about 40A bewilders them :lol:
And even after explaining until I'm blue in the face some still put in BMSs that were way underspecced or with inadequate nickel, or both.
And lets not even start on the whole quality thing. "why you want to pay double for brand name cells when wing yum cells do same for less ? Quality about same"

Why ? Because hoverboard fires

That made me laught so hard that people near me were all looking confused into my direction lol

st35326 said:
I absolutely love my 21Ah 30Q Bomber uprgrade, courtesy of Alex. Nearly half the weight and size and a little more punch. The 30Q pack sags so little that I have to get 8-10Ah into a ride before the bike will even begin to regen.

Looking good, you can have your lunch box in there!

TV, c'mon not another China battery.
You are riding an expensive toy. So why risk buying something that we don't know how they build it? Most Chinese don't know how to build a battery, just go over to my thread here and see all the crap they are doing. Are you willing to risk it and do a ghost rider?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=84412
v1.aDs4MDY3NztqOzE3MzI1OzEyMDA7MjA0ODsxMTU3

Either you get the stock battery or you get some one with knowledge to build you one. If you want a local just hook up with okashira and let him quote you a 21s14p with a 60-80A BMS
He is using Tesla cells.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=67661

Theodore Voltaire said:
Hyena said:

The Chinese are really weak on the type of battery's with power output a Bomber needs. It's not that they can't make them, it's just that none of their bikes need them.

I'm just glad that when the times comes, there's going to be really good options for a larger capacity. After 10,000 miles, now I have a good understanding of what I really need, and 25 to 28 ah is plenty for my little jungle. I could make it round trip to school running at top speed with about 20ah. I just want enough extra capacity to extend the life of the battery little.

Hi TV How do you deal with the heat on your motor. Dallas seems to bee quite a hot place in the summer time. Although the terrain is quite flat.

I have serious heat issues with my motor in the summer time. But then I live in a place that has a much more hilly terrain than San Fransisco. More like the Swiss Alps.

I will post a video I shot 2 weeks ago so you all can see as soon as I got time to edit it.

Allex said:
st35326 said:

Looking good, you can have your lunch box in there!

TV, c'mon not another China battery.
You are riding an expensive toy. So why risk buying something that we don't know how they build it? Most Chinese don't know how to build a battery, just go over to my thread here and see all the crap they are doing. Are you willing to risk it and do a ghost rider?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=84412
v1.aDs4MDY3NztqOzE3MzI1OzEyMDA7MjA0ODsxMTU3

Either you get the stock battery or you get some one with knowledge to build you one. If you want a local just hook up with okashira and let him quote you a 21s14p with a 60-80A BMS
He is using Tesla cells.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=67661

Don't worry Allex, I got your number, and know your battery's are great. I'm wondering when will the changer over be to 20700 cells?

stritzky said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Hyena said:

Hi TV How do you deal with the heat on your motor. Dallas seems to bee quite a hot place in the summer time. Although the terrain is quite flat.

I have serious heat issues with my motor in the summer time. But then I live in a place that has a much more hilly terrain than San Fransisco. More like the Swiss Alps.

I will post a video I shot 2 weeks ago so you all can see as soon as I got time to edit it.

That's a good question stritzky. Here in Dallas there's really no challenging hills in most parts of town. There's only 2 hills of any consequence in the whole city, and they're both about 20 miles from my house. When I'm riding fast it's always on relatively flat pavement. I've never seen any part of my motor shell top 135 degrees f, even in the hottest summer.

The heat my bike has to endure in summer is a reason I doubt I will ever try to get more power out of my bike, but being so fast in stock form makes that pretty easy to say. Plus I'm feeling my age more and more each year lol.

Allex you have good humor - you are a funny guy - a really funny guy haha :D

Theodore Voltaire said:
stritzky said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Hyena said:

That's a good question stritzky. Here in Dallas there's really no challenging hills in most parts of town. There's only 2 hills of any consequence in the whole city, and they're both about 20 miles from my house. When I'm riding fast it's always on relatively flat pavement. I've never seen any part of my motor shell top 135 degrees f, even in the hottest summer.

The heat my bike has to endure in summer is a reason I doubt I will ever try to get more power out of my bike, but being so fast in stock form makes that pretty easy to say. Plus I'm feeling my age more and more each year lol.

What I think is happening here is that TV is a sophisticated Gent that actually use his motor at 70-80% efficiency by doing high speed runs on flat roads. We are a complete opposite, a bunch of Troglodytes riding slow in the mud and offroad making the motor bog down to about 30% efficiency.

20700 cells...there is not any worth looking at right now. Once we go above 4500-5000mAh per cell/4-5USD then we can start building som new packs.
As of right now, 20700 cell offer same energy density as 18650 at double the price, only a mad man will build a pack with those numbers.

Allex said:
What I think is happening here is that TV is a sophisticated Gent that actually use his motor at 70-80% efficiency by doing high speed runs on flat roads. We are a complete opposite, a bunch of Troglodytes riding slow in the mud and offroad making the motor bog down to about 30% efficiency.

LOL I didn't have the guts to say this. :)

Actually I don't really feel like I need a battery that's better than what's already capable of being made. Allex has already built a 35ah battery, and that's even more than I need, so as far as I'm concerned we're already there as far as battery technology goes.

I'm sure that someday soon we'll be looking at our battery boxes, and thinking why did they make it so big?

Theodore Voltaire said:
Actually I don't really feel like I need a battery that's better than what's already capable of being made. Allex has already built a 35ah battery, and that's even more than I need, so as far as I'm concerned we're already there as far as battery technology goes.

I'm sure that someday soon we'll be looking at our battery boxes, and thinking why did they make it so big?
You do want a quality battery when the time comes. I would have Allex building a 21S 7P battery with 30Q cells for your Bomber, then you could use the stock charger. What ever you do, don't go the cheapo route and risk this.

Attachments

• burning ebike.jpg
    burning ebike.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 4,738
Back