9.86mi
5.426ah
439.09wh
44.1wh/mi
64.79A
21m25s
27.6 AvgS

MAX SPEED 62.3MPH !!!!

Hey that's great man, how'd you go so fast, it's a monster?

Lets compare stuff since we have the same computers, and new battery's. I just got back from a long ride. Today I was going more for distance than speed though.

Electro Bike World Batt 20s8p 24ah
72v24ah 30q
19ah
38.5mi
19.03ah
1408.6wh
36.7wh/mi
67.94A
2:17:28s
16.8AvgS
46.3mph MaxS

Went dirt riding today.

30-inch-and-electronaut.jpg

Man TV, hitting up Strokers again I see. I like your pics, what can you tell us about the bike photo bombing your Bomber?

Rix said:
Man TV, hitting up Strokers again I see. I like your pics, what can you tell us about the bike photo bombing your Bomber?

The owner is a nice fellow that I've talked to before. He seems to get a new bike every year. This was the first time I've seen this one. I ask him about his front wheel. He said it's 30". The tire was wide too, about 3 or 4". He said 30 inchers haven't been around that long, but now they have 32". Sounded like he's ready for a new bike when he said it.

The motor is a garden veritiey $10,000 143 cube s&s long block, with a fancy s&s tuned intake. I have no idea who made the frame. I didn't ask about the rear but it's probably a 16x230 or 250. I think he could be talked out of it for less then $100,000 if you're interested. These guys pay more for a paint job than the most expensive motorcycle I've ever owned.

Rix said:

Stroker's is the last stop on the way home from downtown. It's just outside of my wife's radar detection. Plus I always loved wildlife.

FL bomber said:
My bikes old number 238. no breather holes on motor never spray anyting. 10000 miles. It wobbles slightly. So I bought a new will package from stealth. Motor does have breather hole. I have not sprayed anyting in there didn't know I was supposed to. By the way stealth new rims are really nice.
Theo HI-C did a great job building battery. It's BIG but it fits in there. And calibrating the cav3 was simple.
Haven't had a moment to ride.

Sorry to be cheeky...what did you pay for a wheel kit ? (that's a motor and laced up rear wheel right ?)

DunkenKBliths said:
FL bomber said:
My bikes old number 238. no breather holes on motor never spray anyting. 10000 miles. It wobbles slightly. So I bought a new will package from stealth. Motor does have breather hole. I have not sprayed anyting in there didn't know I was supposed to. By the way stealth new rims are really nice.
Theo HI-C did a great job building battery. It's BIG but it fits in there. And calibrating the cav3 was simple.

Sorry to be cheeky...what did you pay for a wheel kit ? (that's a motor and laced up rear wheel right ?)

No, I'm proud to say I laced it myself to my stock motor using the stock spokes. They were a perfect fit. The rim is 24x65 double wall

http://www.robsson.de/en/wide-rims/36-spoke-holes/double-wall-rims/24-rim-size/

DunkenKBliths said:
FL bomber said:

Ok sorry DK, you weren't talking to me. Oh well now you know

mark 324 said:
Hello i have a frame from Jay and im looking where i can buy bottom bracket ?thx

Bottom brackets work best when matched with the cranks from the same MFG. Do you already have crank arms? If you do, order a 68mm BB from that company. If you don't then I would get a complete set up from https://www.profileracing.com/product/mtb-chromoly-3-piece-crankset/

If you go the profile racing route, don't forget to order a spider armature and a chainring. I used the 6 7/8 axle and spacers to center the crank on my Alpha.

I finally figured out how to fix my damn noisy ass rear brake after 5 years of putting up with it. Out of the box the caliper was slightly rubbing the rotor, and try as hard as I might. I could never improve on it.

Either the rotor needed to be moved outboard, or the caliper needed to be moved inboard. First I though move the rotor out a little with a spacer. Nope, it's already almost touching the brake adapter. So space the adapter over, but no, because the same problem. It's already almost touching the rotor.

What I figured out is the Magura adapter is the problem, it has a fat Fking ass. I found a 203R adapter in my tool box that cured all the problems. It shaped slightly different from the stock one, and it's about 2/10 a mm narrower. Now there's plenty of adjustment, and the rotor isn't almost touching the adapter.

My sons Bomber has the same problem, does yours?

This was the package it came in with the stock adapter sitting on top of it.

20190225-203418.jpg

DunkenKBliths said:
Help...can someone point me on the direction of screen dumps of cycle computer setup params...as my amps arent showing right...the computer seems to have chnaged something ....

Cheers...Dunk

Maybe this

https://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/cycle-analyst-3.html

Further details...

The problem started after I found the CA was sort of half "ON" one morning... this seems to be a problem with the key not turning the CA off completely... the back light was on but no display !

I have pulled the battery to reset everything and this is now the state of play....

I have taken a picture of my readings to see if anyone can see a problem...(I have changed nothing)

The voltage is currently correct (so not the shunt !)

but the km and Ah are wrong by a factor of 2 and 10 !!! - see picture for details..

All.jpg

I have a ca3 and some of the windows are different from your DunkenKBliths. It don't see any thing that stands out.

I've never changed any of my settings, except tire size, and the new battery changes, so unless I say so, it came from the factory that way.

I have a screen that says,

Setup Speed lim
199 mph

Setup Power lim,
60 amp 4900w

Setup Calibration
1.39 mOhm

Setup throt in
0.00v wot

Setup throt out
0.49 - 3.99v

I don't know what this does but,

Setup Aux Pot
4.99v 99 amp

Hey this battery really is kicking ass. I was just out for a ride, and I noticed my bike will now sustain a little over 4500w. It never did that before. When new it struggled to get to 4300w, on level ground. At the time no one thought this was very unusual so I've always assumed that's normal, but I like this mo betta. I guess these 30Q cells really are the shiz.

Back