E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

tomjasz said:
Rix said:
May have taken the week off for 4th of July celebration.
I'm amazed by the number of customers that think we're all waiting with bated breath over a holiday weekend just waiting for the next call. FFS. Everyone needs a break!

I got calls today. It's on Sunday. Do you get a day off?

RANT OVER...

I don't recall ever asking the opinion of a guy who takes baths with his mouth open. But I agree, bucket drummers and sign spinners like you, should get Sundays off. Last I checked July 2nd is a Tuesday and not a Holiday. Take the week off or take the month off. But an out of office automated email reply, or properly setup voicemail is business 101.

P.S. It's Sunday and I've worked 12 hours today.

tomjasz said:
Rix said:
I'm amazed by the number of customers that think we're all waiting with bated breath over a holiday weekend just waiting for the next call. FFS. Everyone needs a break!

RANT OVER...
I do get days off, as should everyone. Which is why I commented that Hi C Battery may be shut down for week, due to taking days off for our Independence Day holiday. I don't have a problem with that, maybe you do?

st35326 said:
tomjasz said:
Rix said:

RANT OVER...

I don't recall ever asking the opinion of a guy who takes baths with his mouth open. But I agree, bucket drummers and sign spinners like you, should get Sundays off. Last I checked July 2nd is a Tuesday and not a Holiday. Take the week off or take the month off. But an out of office automated email reply, or properly setup voicemail is business 101.

Awesome response amigo! As far as I know, and I am not sure if this is the case, but I speculate Hi C Batteries may have taken a vacation because of where the 4th fell in the week. One thing I do know, the kind of folks that run businesses like this are not corporate types, they are EV enthusiasts like us and may not have automated replies or secretary staff to answer phones. Back when I was importing motors from Crystalyte, I answered emails and phone calls when I could, sometimes people waited a week or longer for me to get back to them. I was a one man operation. All I know is, Florida Bomber has an excellent reputation and is a member here on ES in good standing. If he says Patrick from Hi C battery built him a good pack, thats legit enough for me. Hopefully if you go this route instead of importing a battery from CD in Australia, you have the same experience as Florida Bomber did.

Thanks Rix .. you've been helping others and myself for years figuring out problems what their bikes. Can't go wrong purchasing from CD. He has an eye for detail .Just check out his battery build videos. Granted his fighter videos with kiwi we're more entertaining :bigthumb: . Been running CD designed torque blocks for months. I use my regen braking all the time now.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Been a while since I did a decent ride video with another E-bike. I'm always keen if anyone what's too...I just find myself spending more time building than riding these days.

I'm about to start building up an LMX 64 which, when complete, I think I might like even more than my Fighter. :shock: :shock: :shock:
DSC_5482 (Large).JPG
For those interested, check out this thread for details:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100198

Depending on how much I like it...and how keen I am to get going with some other $$$ projects, I might even sell my Fighter after all these years. :shock: :shock: :shock:
I would be sad to see it go, but I've been putting off some other projects with real potential for far too long.

Cheers

Rix said:
st35326 said:
tomjasz said:
Rix said:

RANT OVER...

Awesome response amigo! As far as I know, and I am not sure if this is the case, but I speculate Hi C Batteries may have taken a vacation because of where the 4th fell in the week. One thing I do know, the kind of folks that run businesses like this are not corporate types, they are EV enthusiasts like us and may not have automated replies or secretary staff to answer phones. Back when I was importing motors from Crystalyte, I answered emails and phone calls when I could, sometimes people waited a week or longer for me to get back to them. I was a one man operation. All I know is, Florida Bomber has an excellent reputation and is a member here on ES in good standing. If he says Patrick from Hi C battery built him a good pack, thats legit enough for me. Hopefully if you go this route instead of importing a battery from CD in Australia, you have the same experience as Florida Bomber did.

Yes sir, thank you for the reply. I called Hi-C again today (July 16th) with not response. So perhaps he is taking a European vacation of some sorts.

Newest project completed. Desert sand P7R, my latest favorite.

Attachments

• P7R desert.jpg
    P7R desert.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,505
Rix said:

Jesus, what a sick colour.
I personally won't be buying a stealth just because of the price, and I like messing around with stuff, but god damn can stealth make a clean bike, the uniform colour across it looks just insane. With the weight that thing must be an absolute weapon on trails.
Shieeet, now I want one :/

it's interesting to see that they appear to be using the new Gmac motors (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnaucA7qVGs) from the moulded connectors, can you say anything about the regen on the P7, is it as strong as on the bomber and fighter?

\\ (•◡•) / said:
Rix said:

Jesus, what a sick colour.
I personally won't be buying a stealth just because of the price, and I like messing around with stuff, but god damn can stealth make a clean bike, the uniform colour across it looks just insane. With the weight that thing must be an absolute weapon on trails.
Shieeet, now I want one :/

it's interesting to see that they appear to be using the new Gmac motors (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnaucA7qVGs) from the moulded connectors, can you say anything about the regen on the P7, is it as strong as on the bomber and fighter?

Stealth is not using the GMAC motor, they are using a regular Gen5 MAC motor with a custom 9T wind. So no regen, I imagine this will be a weapon on the trails, I haven't had a chance to ride it yet since getting it back together. That should change this weekend.

Rix said:
Stealth is not using the GMAC motor, they are using a regular Gen5 MAC motor with a custom 9T wind. So no regen, I imagine this will be a weapon on the trails, I haven't had a chance to ride it yet since getting it back together. That should change this weekend.
ah, my bad.
Do you know if the internal controller is still crystalite, or are they using a custom foc controller like someone guessed a while back (from memory).
It would be interesting to know if the stock controller supports regen, and the motor could be swapped, I suppose regen isn't really that important with its low efficiency on the high range P-7
It's a sweet ride, I'm very jealous

\\ (•◡•) / said:
Rix said:
ah, my bad.
Do you know if the internal controller is still crystalite, or are they using a custom foc controller like someone guessed a while back (from memory).
It would be interesting to know if the stock controller supports regen, and the motor could be swapped, I suppose regen isn't really that important with its low efficiency on the high range P-7
It's a sweet ride, I'm very jealous
I have a picture of the controller on my home computer from when the bike was apart. Its blue and a sinwave is all I know. I will post a pic of it tonight.

Here is a pic of the Sinwave controller that comes with the P7R. I threw in a pic of the frame back from the powdercoaters for good measure.

Attachments

• P7R controller.jpg
    P7R controller.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,389
  • P7 Tan.jpg
    P7 Tan.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,389
Looking to upgrade my bomber controller to be able to utilize the amps my
20s 30q pack can put out. The BMS can
Put out 100 amp continuous 150 Max.
Still want to use the CA.
Mobius .. power velocity.. vesc ?

Rix said:
Here is a pic of the Sinwave controller that comes with the P7R. I threw in a pic of the frame back from the powdercoaters for good measure.

I like that color Rix. Good to see the frame suits a tapered steerer too.

st35326 said:
st35326 said:
FL bomber said:
ST35326.. Patrick from Hi-C email him or call him he'll build whatever you need

Copy all, and thank you sir.

Two separate emails and 3 phone calls with no response. Can you confirm his place is in business anymore? I may just bite the bullet and purchase a new pack from Stealth. The time I've spent running down leads, would have easily paid for the difference if I was working, instead.

https://www.hicbattery.com/Custom-EEB-Battery-72v-36ah-Samsung-30Q-Smart-Bluetooth-BMS-150a_p_68.html

So bummer..... I as well called 3 times left about 4 emails and no response. Im wondering if these guys are still in business.. Its a bit harder to find battery builders in the USA, EMP does sell a battery pack for the bomber. They have a 20 and 24 amp. And are easily reachable by phone. Ideally I wish they made a larger pack.. Or someone else in the states sells a larger amp pack.

Kepler said:
Rix said:

I like that color Rix. Good to see the frame suits a tapered steerer too.

Thanks Kep, yah the tapered head tube is much better for single crown forks than the straight 1 1/8 head tube.

I ask a friend that knows Patrick Duggan personally if Hi-C is still in business, and he said yes, and he's swamped with up to 6 to 8 weeks of work load. If you're having trouble contacting him, keep trying, and my friend mentioned he also is available on Facebook.

FL bomber said:

I turned my ca back down to 60 amp from 65 because I was afraid my pants might catch fire.

Theodore Voltaire said:
FL bomber said:

I turned my ca back down to 60 amp from 65 because I was afraid my pants might catch fire.

You should have a ride on my Bomber :shock:
This was what I got last week while riding in the night with nobody around me for many Km ....

Attachments

• 20190722_221525.jpg
    20190722_221525.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 1,561
Bigbore.. 67 miles per hour awesome :p
You're running a Max-E controller?
TV.. my CA set at 67amps. Controller doesn't get very warm. Need more power :twisted: also Patrick still in business had an email from him early July said he's swamped with OEM work.
1abv.. I had a pack sent to me from EMP 72v24ah 21700. Was shipped very poorly no protection in the box with charger banging around. Pack was dented. Discharge wires where thin. I don't know what gauge. Sent the pack back to them.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I ask a friend that knows Patrick Duggan personally if Hi-C is still in business, and he said yes, and he's swamped with up to 6 to 8 weeks of work load. If you're having trouble contacting him, keep trying, and my friend mentioned he also is available on Facebook.

Right on TV thanks for the update. All in all, it sounds like a good problem to have.

Back