E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Rix said:
The top arrow points to the brand "Duro" and the bottom points to the name of the tire "Razorback" even though you can't actually read it, the markings and the respective locations are consistent with this tire.
You're looking at the wrong post and photo. I asked Mr Toad.

Cowardlyduck said:
Emmett said:
Rear yes. Front I don't think so. Knobs look to have a higher land/sea ratio. But perhaps that's an illusion because of the wear.
If your talking about Mr Toads Bomber:
16388066_1465083806837458_2868270123628901876_n.jpg

That's a Berm Master on the front.
IMO they are not a good tire. Although it looks like it would hook up good, because the nobs are evenly spaced the tire skips as it rolls in between each nob. My Fighter came with a set when it was new. I used them for about a couple of thousand km before ditching them. I attribute a couple of minor crashes to them. They are particularly bad on wet pavement/concrete.

Cheers

Had some bad experience on wet weatherconditions 2. Sliped about 2-3 times. One time nearly face to car accident.. Was really close as the front tire slipped out on a wet surface.. :| :pancake:

Berm master is like Holy Roller from Maxxis except that maxxis has better rubber->better grip and smaller knobs to make them grip better than Berms. So yeah, Never buy Berm master, that tire is not good at anything.

Allex said:
Berm master is like Holy Roller from Maxxis except that maxxis has better rubber->better grip and smaller knobs to make them grip better than Berms. So yeah, Never buy Berm master, that tire is not good at anything.

Yes, it is a Berm Master. I agree not the best tire. I have been trying different tires. I will post pics. of my street tire set up soon.

If one day someone finds a 24x3" MTB tire which is good on hard dirt, then please let us know.

Has anyone fit a 26" MTB front wheel in a Fighter?? I thinking the tire choices are far broader. But I suspect a 26" tire would touch my controller upon fork bottom out. To retain bike front to rear balance I understand I'd need to raise the rear (preload or spring rate increase).

What about going to a 19" or 21" motorcycle wheel/tire? I have the 19" on my Vector bike and it added so much front end confidence it's almost a crime.

Tom

Emmett said:
If one day someone finds a 24x3" MTB tire which is good on hard dirt, then please let us know.

Has anyone fit a 26" MTB front wheel in a Fighter?? I thinking the tire choices are far broader. But I suspect a 26" tire would touch my controller upon fork bottom out. To retain bike front to rear balance I understand I'd need to raise the rear (preload or spring rate increase).
I think the Razorback is really the best you'll find TBH. I did a bunch of searching several years ago and couldn't find anything good in 3". The closest I could find that was any good was the 24x2.4" DMR Moto RT, but at only 2.4" wide it's a bit of a compromise and resulted in a number of nasty pinch flats.

I also tried a 26" on the front for about a day. Didn't like it at all. Totally messed up the geometry and feel of the bike. I didn't do anything with the rear to compensate, so that may have been part of it, but it just felt so weird I couldn't deal with it.

Cheers

Emmett said:

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
I have ordered the front tire from LMX. I haven´t tried it yet too much as I had some troubles with the screws for my rear brake but it seem to be really good. LMX says one front tire only holds about 300km which I can not believe. Maybe if you always brake with the front brake, then yes. But they seem to be really good.

Cowardlyduck said:
I also tried a 26" on the front for about a day. Didn't like it at all. Totally messed up the geometry and feel of the bike. I didn't do anything with the rear to compensate, so that may have been part of it, but it just felt so weird I couldn't deal with it.
CD, Thanks. Did you bottom out the front end suspension to check tyre clearance? You should hear a loud noise upon tyre contact. Or you just go straight over the bars.

If you didn't raise the rear to balance out the bike then it would have been choppered out, so it would turn very poorly into corners. You'd feel very sluggish front end steering response. Also you could easily feel excess forces through the bars as the tyre contact patch is knocked side to side. Nasty stuff, but not a problem specifically with a 24 vs 26 MTB front wheel. I suspect a bigger wheel will work better over the rough stuff and I'll have more tyre choices in 26x3 MTB size.

Tom, I don't want the weight of a 21" MC front wheel. I would expect the fork damper and spring settings would need significant changes to work with a heavier front wheel+tire. When you changed your wheel there's a chance that weight better matched your fork setup. Or your fork setup needs some work so the light front end felt sketchy in rough stuff.

My front end works pretty good. Probably not perfect but I come from a past with off road experience in both car fully adjustable rebound and compression(1990 Honda Pilot, Drakart Formula Cross 16" wheel travel ), dirt bikes (RM125 and DRZ400) and a couple down hill bicycles so I have a bit of experience with setting suspensions.

Once you get past the idea of the extra weight up front "in my opinion" for all surfaces the motorcycle wheels/tires shine though brightly. Always feels planted and secure. Being a fatter tire it actually works well (better than the 26" 2.6 tire) in the sand and powdery dirt. Probably have to be there to get full appreciation! I think it's mandatory on a 65+ mph bicycle though.....heck probably mid 70's easy.

Tom

Emmett said:
Cowardlyduck said:
CD, Thanks. Did you bottom out the front end suspension to check tyre clearance? You should hear a loud noise upon tyre contact. Or you just go straight over the bars.

If you didn't raise the rear to balance out the bike then it would have been choppered out, so it would turn very poorly into corners. You'd feel very sluggish front end steering response. Also you could easily feel excess forces through the bars as the tyre contact patch is knocked side to side. Nasty stuff, but not a problem specifically with a 24 vs 26 MTB front wheel. I suspect a bigger wheel will work better over the rough stuff and I'll have more tyre choices in 26x3 MTB size.
Yeah, I probably didn't give it enough of a chance, but I'm perfectly happy with my 24" front. The Razorbacks (in my case Wildlife Leopards, which are the same on a softer compound) still take about 2000km before starting to show sings of significant wear.
I didn't keep the 26" on long enough to do all the proper checks. Just rode it around and hated how it felt so took it off pretty quick, but I think if my 24" front wheel were to die for any reason I might give 26" another try.

Cheers

Emmett said:
Rix said:
The top arrow points to the brand "Duro" and the bottom points to the name of the tire "Razorback" even though you can't actually read it, the markings and the respective locations are consistent with this tire.
You're looking at the wrong post and photo. I asked Mr Toad.

DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Yah, the other tires are 24x3.00 Bermaster. The tires are made by Felt Bicycles. Here is the link: http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2016/Parts/Cruiser/Tires-Tubes/Berm-Master-Tire.aspx

Rix, thanks. That BermMaster tread pattern does indeed look a bit suspect. A big variation in the amount of edges and knob surface with different lean angles.

Tom, 70 MPH is nuts! :shock:

I've actually only hit 65 mph but still had more on the MaxE and I've never even tried the OVS settings. To fast for me without full riding gear, which I don't really have anymore.

Tom

Emmett said:
Rix, thanks. That BermMaster tread pattern does indeed look a bit suspect. A big variation in the amount of edges and knob surface with different lean angles.

Hence why his avatar name is "Lightspeed"

Rix said:
Emmett said:

Hence why his avatar name is "Lightspeed"

Lol funny thing is that is how I was given my name was because of my 100 mph off road Drakart.....I was allway in a hurry! I think I already told you that or wrote it here somewhere. Good ole days I tell ya, good ole days.

Tom

FL bomber said:
Will the Vee rubber 24 x 4 inch Tire fit the bomber swing arm?

going to be tight if it does. I don't think it will.

This tire in my avatar pic is 3.4 inches wide. 3.00-17 SR241. I have about 1/4 inch of clearance on each side of the swing arm.

[youtube]Whc4xQBmuic[/youtube]

Like the vid, a couple of old guys out for a ride. Just like "On any Sunday"

Back