E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Rix said:
StudRock said:
Stealth tech said to get the domino throttle to work properly, it needs a .08-5 volt resistor added inline, did you do that?

Rix - as you may recall, at that time, I did not have that information from the Stealth tech. To resolve the “Throttle unplugged” error on the DC1, I had to put 2 - 220 ohm 1/2 watt resistors in parallel. That resolved the Throttle unplugged error. It was able to bring the VDC down from 4.51 to 4.35 VDC on the Domino. I’m not sure if I have .08 resistors in my box or not...

Rix said:
DunkenKBliths said:
Little off topic...but related...

My old B52 will be sharing some space in the garage soon...

1500x500.jpg

Nicely done Dunk, how do you like the Tesla?

I haven't got it yet...its on order...and will be one of the first in the batch arriving in Australia...(August)

DunkenKBliths said:

1500x500.jpg

Impressive :shock:
Bets e-bike and best electric car in your garage :D
Tell us some more .... are you getting a performance model with 4WD?

bigbore said:
DunkenKBliths said:

1500x500.jpg

yes Performance model with Performance Kit (20inch wheels, lowered, bigger brakes, track ready, performance kit etc)

All in Pearl White..... (it don't get any faster) - 0-100kms (0-60miles) in 3.2 seconds...

haha.. number plate : "REVOLT"

I'll post a picture when it arrives in August!

DunkenKBliths said:
bigbore said:
DunkenKBliths said:

1500x500.jpg

yes Performance model with Performance Kit (20inch wheels, lowered, bigger brakes, track ready, performance kit etc)

All in Pearl White..... (it don't get any faster) - 0-100kms (0-60miles) in 3.2 seconds...

Sweet Dunk!!! Looking forward to it.

StudRock said:
Dunken... Congrats on the new car... I Love the pearl White..! looks awesome.. :thumb:

@Rix... I just wanted to follow up on my reply from earlier. I reached out to the original owner of the bike, and he informed me that, aside from the seat, fenders and the handlebars and grips, nothing else was done to the bike. Its all original... and, he ordered it directly from Stealth. I specifically asked him if he upgraded or changed the motor out and he told me no, its all factory.

That said, based on what you said earlier, I would assume that I have the 5403 motor. The ONLY thing I can thing of that I didn't mention is... I Never did a full speed test with the original half throttle. I broke the bike down after last season and sent it off to get powder coated. When I got it back, I put it back together and put the "Domino full twist" throttle on. That is what I'm doing the the speed test off of. That was the only modification that I made.

I'm wondering if the WOT voltage on the Domino throttle is different than on the original half throttle. its easy enough to test, as I took the voltage measurements before changing out the half throttle... is there anything else you can think of...?
Stealth originally offered 3 different motors for the Bomber , called high torque , mid torque and speed motor . The high torque motor wasn`t offered for long . And it became the torque motor and speed motor . The torque motor did about 63 kmh and the speed motor did about 80 kmh . Eventually they only offered the speed motor . I don`t know the model numbers but I have ridden them all . My mate bought the torque motor .

Brute said:
StudRock said:
Dunken... Congrats on the new car... I Love the pearl White..! looks awesome.. :thumb:

@Rix... I just wanted to follow up on my reply from earlier. I reached out to the original owner of the bike, and he informed me that, aside from the seat, fenders and the handlebars and grips, nothing else was done to the bike. Its all original... and, he ordered it directly from Stealth. I specifically asked him if he upgraded or changed the motor out and he told me no, its all factory.

That said, based on what you said earlier, I would assume that I have the 5403 motor. The ONLY thing I can thing of that I didn't mention is... I Never did a full speed test with the original half throttle. I broke the bike down after last season and sent it off to get powder coated. When I got it back, I put it back together and put the "Domino full twist" throttle on. That is what I'm doing the the speed test off of. That was the only modification that I made.

I'm wondering if the WOT voltage on the Domino throttle is different than on the original half throttle. its easy enough to test, as I took the voltage measurements before changing out the half throttle... is there anything else you can think of...?
Stealth originally offered 3 different motors for the Bomber , called high torque , mid torque and speed motor . The high torque motor wasn`t offered for long . And it became the torque motor and speed motor . The torque motor did about 63 kmh and the speed motor did about 80 kmh . Eventually they only offered the speed motor . I don`t know the model numbers but I have ridden them all . My mate bought the torque motor .

That was pre 2011 options, and the motors offered were the 5303, 5304, and 5305, 2008 and part of 2009 years, then 5403 and 5404 and 5403 in 2009 to 2010. Then 5403 only after 2010, and after 2017, H55XX motor for the Bomber.

DunkenKBliths said:
bigbore said:
DunkenKBliths said:

1500x500.jpg

My P100D w/ Ludicrous + disagrees with this statement. 0-60 2.3 seconds :confused:

Attachments

• 10.88.jpg
    10.88.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,299
Is anybody on here is still building 18560 battery packs for purchase? I reached out to Alex as he was the original builder of my 21s-7p 30Q pack (which is still running incredibly well by the way), that's in one of my Bombers currently, but he is now trying to make a buck off the Sur-Ron thing and went radio silent.

Now my other Bomber's LiFePO4battery has given up a cell group. I reached out to Battery Space (who is the recommended by ES for getting an 18650 battery built), and they declined stating that there BMS would be too large to fit the dimensions for the Bomber.
https://www.batteryspace.com/PCM-with-Equilibrium-function-for-21-cells-77.7V-Li-Ion-Battery-Pack.aspx

Post up or PM me if your building packs as I'd like to get another 21s and knock the dust off this bike and get it riding again. :lowbatt: :cry:

st35326 said:
Is anybody on here is still building 18560 battery packs for purchase? I reached out to Alex as he was the original builder of my 21s-7p 30Q pack (which is still running incredibly well by the way), that's in one of my Bombers currently, but he is now trying to make a buck off the Sur-Ron thing and went radio silent.

Now my other Bomber's LiFePO4battery has given up a cell group. I reached out to Battery Space (who is the recommended by ES for getting an 18650 battery built), and they declined stating that there BMS would be too large to fit the dimensions for the Bomber.
https://www.batteryspace.com/PCM-with-Equilibrium-function-for-21-cells-77.7V-Li-Ion-Battery-Pack.aspx

Post up or PM me if your building packs as I'd like to get another 21s and knock the dust off this bike and get it riding again. :lowbatt: :cry:
Contact Cowardly Duck, he has built several packs for folks on ES. The only challenge I see is getting the battery sent from Australia to the US. It will have to probably go by sea freight.

Hey yeah, if your keen for a custom 18650 build let me know...here is the one I build for an FUTR Alpha earlier this year:
[youtube]UeBk4JxM3rw[/youtube]
This gave the bike up to 200km range! :shock:

And I just completed a series on building a 2.3Kwh battery for a FUTR Beta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8NgGlP6k38&list=PLOAim7rI1vyr7y8yU9jJIKyCIBLs76DM2

Previous to that I also built a 2.5Kwh battery for my Fighter:
DSC_4271 (Medium).JPG
DSC_4287 (Medium).JPG
DSC_4325 (Medium).JPG

I'm not too sure about shipping, but would be happy to investigate options for anyone that's keen. I looked into shipping a fully built Alpha for one guy in Germany a while back and it was over $2500AUD by air. :shock: Haven't looked at sea options yet though and it would obviously be less just for the battery.

I'm keen to build a huge pack for a Bomber, Hurricane and P7...then I would have made the worlds longest range packs for every Stealth option. :D

Flick me a PM or email to ebikegarage@outlook.com to discus options.

Cheers

Rix said:
st35326 said:

Contact Cowardly Duck, he has built several packs for folks on ES. The only challenge I see is getting the battery sent from Australia to the US. It will have to probably go by sea freight.

Thanks Rix

ST35326.. I bought a battery pack
From HI-C battery out of Colorado.
It's 72V 36AH 20s12p Samsung 30q.
Been running it on a 42-mile round trip commute. I only use 20 to 23AH. It's nice not to have to charge at work anymore. But if you don't need that many AH I would go with 20s 10p
30AH. Will be lighter and easier to slip into the frame. I'm happy with my pack
Comforting that it's stateside in case of any warranty issues.

Yeah, the only reason I can see it making sense to get me to build a pack to have shipped overseas is if you want maximum capacity.
I haven't seen anyone else apart from Alex and another guy in Spain building these custom like I do, so if anyone outside Australia wants maximum capacity and isn't worried about shipping costs, then it makes sense and I'm happy to do the work.

I'm currently looking at options to build a high capacity pack for a Bomber based in Melbourne. The maximum I think I can fit is around 60AH, 3.5Kwh using 20700 cells, but that's at 16S (60V nominal) so a drop in speed of about 20kph would need to be accepted.

With 18650's I can fit 49AH, 3.25Kwh at 18S (67V nominal) which is what I built for a Futr Alpha earlier in the year.

Or if I match the stock battery voltage of 20S (74V Nominal), using 18650s I think I might be able to fit a sub 2S pack either up in the neck area or above the pack just under the seat-post sub-frame giving the same 49AH as the 18S pack above, but at 20S. This would be tricky though and impossible to achieve without access to an example bike to mock up options from.

Cheers

FL bomber said:
Been running it on a 42-mile round trip commute. I only use 20 to 23AH. It's nice not to have to charge at work anymore. But if you don't need that many AH I would go with 20s 10p

Very Interesting. How long have you been running the pack? Id imagine with that many 30Q in parallel you'd not see much sag at all. Whats your voltage hot off the charger, if you dont mind my asking?

FL bomber said:

I'm not seeing any packs above 52v on their website, did you have them custom build one for you (or am I missing it)?

https://www.hicbattery.com/Ebike-Battery_c_11.html

Hi

Im curious about the 250 watt mode for the stealth bomber, if i want to get some cardio workout during my comute, will i still be able to peddle with some effort on the lower setting?

Peddle assist seems like the way to go but it would be nice to have the 5k watt power on tap.

I know peddling without the motor on the bomber is would be very very difficult but im thinking that with throttle only, there will be hardly any effort needed to peddle.

What you guys think?

Only20gp said:
Hi

Im curious about the 250 watt mode for the stealth bomber, if i want to get some cardio workout during my comute, will i still be able to peddle with some effort on the lower setting?

Peddle assist seems like the way to go but it would be nice to have the 5k watt power on tap.

I know peddling without the motor on the bomber is would be very very difficult but im thinking that with throttle only, there will be hardly any effort needed to peddle.

What you guys think?
Its doable, and you will get a great workout. When I first got my Bomber, I would ride it one mile with not power assist on the flat. I could only pedal it in 3rd gear and lower. Anyway it would take me 8-10 minutes to pedal 1 mile, great workout though.

st35326 said:
FL bomber said:
ST35326.. Patrick from Hi-C email him or call him he'll build whatever you need

Copy all, and thank you sir.

Two separate emails and 3 phone calls with no response. Can you confirm his place is in business anymore? I may just bite the bullet and purchase a new pack from Stealth. The time I've spent running down leads, would have easily paid for the difference if I was working, instead.

https://www.hicbattery.com/Custom-EEB-Battery-72v-36ah-Samsung-30Q-Smart-Bluetooth-BMS-150a_p_68.html

st35326 said:
Two separate emails and 3 phone calls with no response. Can you confirm his place is in business anymore? I may just bite the bullet and purchase a new pack from Stealth. The time I've spent running down leads, would have easily paid for the difference if I was working, instead.

https://www.hicbattery.com/Custom-EEB-Battery-72v-36ah-Samsung-30Q-Smart-Bluetooth-BMS-150a_p_68.html
After you get a quote from Stealth, hit me up and I'll see what I can do for around the same price. :)

Cheers

st35326 said:
st35326 said:
FL bomber said:
ST35326.. Patrick from Hi-C email him or call him he'll build whatever you need

Copy all, and thank you sir.

May have taken the week off for 4th of July celebration.

Rix said:
May have taken the week off for 4th of July celebration.
I'm amazed by the number of customers that think we're all waiting with bated breath over a holiday weekend just waiting for the next call. FFS. Everyone needs a break!

I got calls today. It's on Sunday. Do you get a day off?

RANT OVER...

Back