E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

My mate got one of those dropper seat posts , gotta admit they're a great thing. Drop the seat at the push of a lever while on the move when you get into the tight knarly stuff then pop it back up for pedaling . 500 bucks though ..

Alex , I doubt Id ride in plus 10C temps , minus 10C Id.be to scared to leave the house .

Archer said:
Hi All,

I just wanted to make a friendly request.If you dont mind can you put your locations up? It's nice to know where everyone is on the globe. :D

Thanks so much....

Tim.
I tried , but don`t know how to do it :oops: . Can someone explain .

Brute said:
Archer said:
Hi All,

I just wanted to make a friendly request.If you dont mind can you put your locations up? It's nice to know where everyone is on the globe. :D

Thanks so much....

Tim.
I tried , but don`t know how to do it :oops: . Can someone explain .

Go into ur profile put it in where u can add email address etc

lawsie said:
Picked up a second hand stealth fighter. I'm that happy with it I will possibly be selling my raptor 165.
It is so light and nimble I wish I had purchased one before the raptor. Obviously it is down on power compared to the raptor but it makes up for it in other ways.

I have one question about it though. Is the rear wheel meant to be off centre on the fighters?

Cheers

Very Nice. I love my Fighter. You posed a strange question though about you wheel being off center. Are you refereeing to some type of dish laced job or the rim is zero dished and the hub if off center? Better yet, take a pic of it from the rear view, close up and one just far enough back that you can see the tire in relation to the rear shock. Show us whats going on.

1abv said:
Hey all,
So i've been fiddling with the rebound some more and it does help quite a bit with kicking up. Now that I have the correct spring it feels much better. The suspension is getting there more just fine tuning at this point.

Now the next thing im going to do is get a dropper post. Unfortunately due to the shock location / design its really limiting to what size dropper I can put on there. Currently im looking at 3" droppers. Specifically the KS Supernatural 75mm drop overall length is 300mm 31.6mm. I also spoke with gravity dropper and they make a 76.2mm drop overall length is 300mm 31.6mm. based on my measurements I can go up to 317mm overall length. Of course the other option is to get a lower saddle but I like mine so thats not happening.. Anyone use a dropper? did a search.. seems like it hasn't been a topic for a while..

If there is one thing I swear by for suspension settings when dealing with lots of unsuspended mass like our hub motor powered machines, that is running the rebound slower than you would on a MTB or Motorcycle. The trick is not slowing down the rebound so much that your rear stays partially compressed in the woops whey you hit one after another. When you get your rebound dialed for that, good to go.

I been running without streamers since I fell down the day of the earthquake. Since that time every single jackass I've run across has ask me if my bike was a moped. When the streamers are in place that only happens about 20% of the time. That's how effective they are.

Nice, let us know what you think about worms from those you have now.
Do you have a source on the hookworms? Particularly double ply for downhill, they have extra thick walls.

Allex said:
Nice, let us know what you think about worms from those you have now.
Do you have a source on the hookworms? Particularly double ply for downhill, they have extra thick walls.

As far as I know they only come one flavor 60 tpi. and 24 x 2.5

I bought mine from Universal Cycle, but I must have bought them out, because they're no longer listing 24". They'll probably reorder though. They had the best price.

http://www.universalcycles.com/search.php?q=hook+worm+tires

Amazon has them.

http://www.amazon.com/Maxxis-Hookworm-Single-Black-Steel/dp/B000A8NQQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422575418&sr=8-1&keywords=24%22+hook+worm+tires

Here's another place selling them, but they're very expensive here. Pirate Cycle

http://www.piratecycles1.com/mawti24x2i.html

I used Hookworms on my Bomber for a couple of weeks. Liked these tires very much for street riding. Lots of grip and they seem like a well made tire. Got mine from 26bikes in Poland. Can't tell how you how many miles you'd get out of a set cause i went back to Duros due to the offroad conditions I was riding.

Brute said:
Just been catching up on the last dozen pages & I`ve noticed a bit more talk about flat tyres . I`ve punctured the rear wheel twice ( pinch flats ) & have got going again in a few minutes . I carry small pump , puncture repair kit & 2 small plastic tyre levers in my camel back . When I get a flat I flip the bike over & blalance it on the bars & seat , remove 1 side of the tyre ( leave the wheel on ) pull out tube ( yer you can`t get it passed the swing arm ) find puncture , patch it , wack tube back in , refit tyre , pump up & ride off .
Still got the standard rim , I believe I`ve given it a hard time & think it stands up fine . Would like tyres to last a bit longer though .
MX wheel on rear and Halo Contra on the front (standard front rim) that's all I gotta say. Handles anything a Canadian winter throws at it.

Brute said:
My mate got one of those dropper seat posts , gotta admit they're a great thing. Drop the seat at the push of a lever while on the move when you get into the tight knarly stuff then pop it back up for pedaling . 500 bucks though ..

Alex , I doubt Id ride in plus 10C temps , minus 10C Id.be to scared to leave the house .
Check out Body Flow seat posts too. I've been riding in -29 c and anything above that feels like summer (today was snowing and -2c and I was sweating! ).

Theodore Voltaire said:
I been running without streamers since I fell down the day of the earthquake. Since that time every single jackass I've run across has ask me if my bike was a moped. When the streamers are in place that only happens about 20% of the time. That's how effective they are.

I actually thought about ypur streamers when I saw my shadow yesterday while riding. My arctic North Face gloves have really long draw strings and when I ride they float in the air!

Rix said:
lawsie said:
Picked up a second hand stealth fighter. I'm that happy with it I will possibly be selling my raptor 165.
It is so light and nimble I wish I had purchased one before the raptor. Obviously it is down on power compared to the raptor but it makes up for it in other ways.

I have one question about it though. Is the rear wheel meant to be off centre on the fighters?

Cheers

Very Nice. I love my Fighter. You posed a strange question though about you wheel being off center. Are you refereeing to some type of dish laced job or the rim is zero dished and the hub if off center? Better yet, take a pic of it from the rear view, close up and one just far enough back that you can see the tire in relation to the rear shock. Show us whats going on.

Sorry mate I should have been clearer. The rear wheel is not in the centre of the swingarm. When you look at the bike from the rear, the wheel is further to the left side of the swing arm

lawsie said:
Rix said:
lawsie said:

Cheers

Sorry mate I should have been clearer. The rear wheel is not in the centre of the swingarm. When you look at the bike from the rear, the wheel is further to the left side of the swing arm
Are you using locktite and a Torque wrench? Do you have an axel lock? Are you using regen a lot? Was your chain tight before and now there is slack and it skips a bit when you pedal?

I use blue locktite and tighten the nuts in a specific order as mentioned on this thread. I also have spacers that are the same diameter as my nuts and also have grooves in them. Using a torque wrench helps a lot as well.

Sorry mate I should have been clearer. The rear wheel is not in the centre of the swingarm. When you look at the bike from the rear, the wheel is further to the left side of the swing arm[/quote]
Yes that's the way they are . Well mine is and always has been plus 10mm to the left . Probably closer to half an inch actually .

Brute said:
Yes that's the way they are . Well mine is and always has been plus 10mm to the left . Probably closer to half an inch actually .[/quote]
My rear wheel shifts after about 800 km of heavy regen. I know it's time to readjust the wheel when I feel my chain skip or noticeable slack in the chain.

proper159 said:
Brute said:
Yes that's the way they are . Well mine is and always has been plus 10mm to the left . Probably closer to half an inch actually .
My rear wheel shifts after about 800 km of heavy regen. I know it's time to readjust the wheel when I feel my chain skip or noticeable slack in the chain.[/quote]

I don`t think the wheel has shifted , if I spaced my wheel to the centre I would then have to space the disc caliper 10 mm or so to line it up with the disc .

I was wondering if I could get some info concerning the rear DNM shock. Since I couldn't find much bad about them on the sheath bombers is it safe to assume it will be adequate for a similar sized/weight/style ebike? Is this the shock that Stealth uses, http://www.dnmshock.com/products.php?func=p_detail&p_id=14&pc_parent=3 hard to be sure from the pictures on their site. I want to budget build where possible but don't want to buy crap. I see the X-Fusion is nice at $300 just looking for more economical options.

Tom

litespeed said:
I was wondering if I could get some info concerning the rear DNM shock. Since I couldn't find much bad about them on the sheath bombers is it safe to assume it will be adequate for a similar sized/weight/style ebike? Is this the shock that Stealth uses, http://www.dnmshock.com/products.php?func=p_detail&p_id=14&pc_parent=3 hard to be sure from the pictures on their site. I want to budget build where possible but don't want to buy crap. I see the X-Fusion is nice at $300 just looking for more economical options.

Tom

Yes tom that is the shock,
thay work good on a bomber and the adjustments work and u can mess around with springs if needed

Allex
To b honest im not sure but iv seen someone on here talk about changing springs, i have to get back to u

Allex said:
Jimroy, if I need a softer spring for mine, where can I get it and for how much? I am a very light rider.

I have a softer spring. The company was canon racecraft.

http://www.cannonracecraft.com/

They measured my stock one at 715 and sent me a 550 one. Works great for me. I think the stock one is gotta be for people over 200lbs. Honestly any moto spring manufacturer should be able to do this its pretty simple. There is probably a company closer to you. But these guys did a great job and very reasonable.

litespeed,
The shock is a decent copy of an elka. With a re-valve and a re-spring its been working great for me. Any Moto I have ever owned I re-spring and valve for my weight/riding style anyway. The internals are simple but strong. Make sure its the correct eye to eye length for you.

Back