Ebike Turns off

Joeprice28

1 µW
Hi, everyone just wondering if somebody can help me to understand my Ebike problem so I have built my electric bike from scratch all powers up fine however when I sit on the bike a few seconds into riding the display shuts it's self off but when I lift the back wheel off the ground in the air & apply throttle it works fine & doesn't cut off its only when I actually go to ride it anyone know why this happens ?? Thanks

Links to the sale pages of each part used in the build will help us know what you have, which will help us help you find the problem(s).

Otherwise, best guesses are:

---battery is insufficiently capable to run the system under load, either it's defective or just not good enough

--phase/hall combo from controller to motor is wrong, so motor spins but takes far more current than it should (though if the battery was capable and working the controller should still limit current below what the battery can provide, and system shouldn't turnoff, just not move properly, so it's still likely the battery is too small for the system or defective).

-poor connection, insufficient wire gauge, bad solder or crimp, etc.

Without specific info on all the parts and their limits and specifications, I can't say what battery capability you would need in order to get a new one that will do what's required, should that be the problem.

Also, if you go here
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66302
and copy/paste the list there into your post here, along with your answers to them, it will help us determine what is required to do the job you need the bike to do for you, so you can replace any parts that can't do that job now.

Joeprice28 said:
just wondering if somebody can help me to understand my Ebike problem so I have built my electric bike from scratch all powers up fine however when I sit on the bike a few seconds into riding the display shuts it's self off but when I lift the back wheel off the ground in the air & apply throttle it works fine & doesn't cut off its only when I actually go to ride it anyone know why this happens ??

That often means battery problems. Working with the wheel in the air when it's not drawing many amps, but cutting out under the load of riding is typical of that.
Or you might have a mismatch in the phase/hall wires that's making it draw more amps than it should, since it's a build from parts. That usually comes with growling sounds from the motor, plus getting hot really fast. The color codes don't always match up with stuff from different suppliers...

Lol..jinx post...what he said 👆

Joeprice28 said:
Hi, everyone just wondering if somebody can help me to understand my Ebike problem so I have built my electric bike from scratch all powers up fine however when I sit on the bike a few seconds into riding the display shuts it's self off but when I lift the back wheel off the ground in the air & apply throttle it works fine & doesn't cut off its only when I actually go to ride it anyone know why this happens ?? Thanks

When you say you built the bike from scratch, do you mean you built the battery yourself? If not, can you share a link to the kit and the battery? If you did build the battery, then providing the components use would be helpful.

Back