Electric Bubble Gum board mk1

rutierut said:
voodoojar said:
Thank you for the support. I've been ordering parts all day for the first run of boards. Even if Kickstarter doesn't meet the goal I will have 35 available on my site starting Oct 25th.

Isn't selling these things a bureaucratic nightmare? CE, FCC, shipping documents because of the LI-Po batteries and much more. Do you have any experience in this field or am i just imagining it to be more difficult than it is?

Anyway i'm gonna take a look on your kickstarter

The nightmare has nothing to do with the batteries. It's making sure China sends you the right stuff, especially when you order a ton of it.

My boards aren't for everyone but I wanted there to be a low-cost alternative that is fast and has a good real life actual range. I think that's what I made. The actual production boards look a whole lot better than these. I should have a few of them ready in the next week or so.

Shipping batteries are considered hazardous materials - http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6436&start=150.

I haven't checked fully yet either but there has to be a way to ship them easily.

Voodoo what's your avg current amp rating + peak rating on the packs?

Here is a 3D rendering of the inside of the case. I'm going to start printing again in the next couple of days and plan to photo an entire build to show how it's done.

The blue is one piece and holds all the parts. This is the new design where with no bolt holes on the outside of case. I use neoprene gaskets to connect the exterior parts of the case and make it water resistant. I've been testing a bit in the rain and plan to make a video next super rainy day.

QdsXgyW.png

You should really put a link to your Kickstarter campaign in your signature... Ya know? :shock:

congrads!! wow its one amazing board!!

love the whole design. best of all low price point!

good luck!

Hey voodoojar,

Are you also planning on releasing just the trucks with the motor and pully? I'd be interested in a set :)

Hi,

... long time lurker, first time poster here.

Just wanted to say, excellent work on the bubblegum board! It looks really great and very professional with the 3D printed parts!

I've got one question. The motor mount seems to be welded to the truck. I'm wondering how did you get the alignment right, especially as you will start a small production run now. Do you have some kind of alignment jig for welding?

Best wishes,
YFL

first post here - hello everyone - what a great forum.

congrats for your kickstarter. I wish I had a 3D printer to make such boxes, they make the look so much more professional and sleek.

awesome project.

https://www.bubblegumboards.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12

"Customize the Electric Bubblegum at home on you 3D printer."
I think that's a typo.

I have to say I like your visual identity. Great work on that. I will share your URL with my skateboard / kitesurfing community here in France. Are you printing your mold prototypes yourself ? 3D printer ?

Right now all my cases and internal parts holders are 3d printed and I plan to keep it that way for a while as long as this continues to be small scale. I think my printed parts offer similar durability but it offers me and my customers the ability to evolve the design of the boards. Since I plan to offer up all my designs on my website riders can update their boards and change colors by either printing the new designs from my site or buying the parts from me pre-made. Since the mounting holes are the same the new pieces will fit.

Here is what the case and internal holders look like on the boards I'm delivering this year. I'm solving for heat by having a thin aluminum strip under the ESC although thats not even needed since my PWM is set so low.

case.jpg

case2.jpg

I got to say you got a real nice board! Love the yellow the best!

Why didn't you put your longboard version on your website?

I know someone who does custom made... now what was the name of that company..

Back