EM3ev, setting the record straight on a few things

Yeah i recently asked him about a battery and it took 4 days for him to get back to me.

neptronix said:
Yeah i recently asked him about a battery and it took 4 days for him to get back to me.
In 2014 I thought that the EM3ev business model sucked. I hated waiting. 5 years later my EM3ev batteries have been the most reliable and trouble free. And that's BEFORE the major upgrades in the last year or two. I just submitted for a quote and it came with an apology for the wait while they're slammed for sales. Worth the wait to me. Finally a battery with an easy to change out BMS with Bluetooth to boot.

I wish that was also my experience with them , I still haven't received my refund yet .

Just got my refund today, pretty much around the same time as i would of been expecting to recieve my motor and battery.
So now I have to find a new company to order from , any ideas on what would be a good alternative ?
I am genuinely annoyed over this experience I was excited to get a battery from em3ev to see how good it was but it seems if you have a good experience with them it's really good but if it's bad it's really bad.

hard to suggest vendor

no idea what continent

It is the age of "I want it yesterday" or "I want it NOW!" with everyone wanting that instant gratification....
....so waiting about a week for a reply, yeah I can understand your frustration, in a peak season time for merchants. I wouldn't actually do much, knowing they are in China, knowing they are a reputable company, and it would probably take some time just for shipping. Those are aspects of quality I would put up with. Perhaps better planning would be in order, rather then the rush rush of your daily lives. Yeah I can understand your frustrations. When I notice myself getting wound up, and wanting to keep up with the Jones's I like to take a step back, do a breathing exercise along with some meditation to just slow down. Its like during rush hour, when you got crazies behind the wheel who are tail gating and speeding just to pass you, then your all equal up at the next traffic light. I like to tell myself to mind my own business and kiss my own ass is the mindset to be in. Spending your kind of money and not receiving a reply, yeah I can understand the frustration.

markz said:
It is the age of "I want it yesterday" or "I want it NOW!" with everyone wanting that instant gratification....
....not receiving a reply, yeah I can understand the frustration.

The Amazon effect. Not everyone has a billion dollar infrastructure. The whole story is a bit fishy based on my purchases and communication over 5 years. Something is missing in this story. For clarity, I’m not dissing the OP. Just know Paul and Joseph well enough to realize there’s more to the story.

tomjasz said:
markz said:
....not receiving a reply, yeah I can understand the frustration.

The Amazon effect. Not everyone has a billion dollar infrastructure. The whole story is a bit fishy based on my purchases and communication over 5 years. Something is missing in this story. For clarity, I’m not dissing the OP. Just know Paul and Joseph well enough to realize there’s more to the story.

Strip down the facts to the bare minimum: making a purchase mid-May, requesting a refund, and having it in hand three weeks later is phenomenal service from a company based in China. I'd buy from then any day just based on those facts.

If the ultimate goal is to have a quality product at a reasonable price, while buying from China, and you have reasonable confidence based on many other's experiences, then the other part of a successful transaction, is patience. The amount of dollars adds to the stress level, but doesn't change the facts. The OP's experience is based on a perceived expectations, and the perceived expectation is based on other buyer experiences, not any commitments the seller has posted on their website (as opposed to Amazon).

Determining bad customer service should be relative to other companies, and the OP doesn't have that context, or wouldn't be asking here. When buying from China, after you get a few crappy products, and experience real bad customer service, and never get a refund, then you have some of your own experiences to place other transactions into context. The forum's perception will change over time if there really is a deterioration in service or quality.

There is nothing fishy about this story ,
I made a bank transfer as requested between my account and one belonging to em3ev , the next day I was told transferwise asked for a DOB to process the payment .
My concern was that transferwise had not been mentioned before and I had been told it was a straigit transfer between accounts .
Joseph said this was unusual for them to ask for and said I would get a refund in 2 days and asked me could he try one more time to get them to process without the additional payment. I said ok and just let me know what's happening.
Seven days went by with neither the refund or a reply to any emails I sent .
My upset over this experience was not based on wanting everything in life now it was because they wouldn't tell me what was happening. My money was gone from my account and the company had stopped returning my mails . Would you not find this worrying ? It was only after the week of no answers that I posted on this site.

I choose to shop with em3ev because of the reviews I had seen, I have No previous animosity towards them and would of understood any normal delays in delivery or correspondence.
Even if they had just did the refund while in contact with me , I would of been happy to do the payment by PayPal etc if I had been to liven that chance.
And I don't appreciate you making out that I am not been honest here , I came to this site for help and advice not to be put down by someone who is in business with em3ev.
And yes I did expect better service from them as that is the type of company they sell themselves as .

They could have handled it a lot better. I agree.

International wire transfers are fraught with all sorts of international law and tracking problems. You're dealing with two banks and two governments which are currently at odds today. I sent em3ev a bank transfer once and it took around a week to get it cleared, and there was quite a bit of confusion at my credit union, as to how to do a bank transfer from the USA to China in the first place.

Very easy for things to go wrong.

IMHO em3ev dropped the ball with communication this time and that's very unfortunate both for them ( from a pure business perspective ) and for you ( your 'time to ebike part' is now longer since you've chosen to go with another vendor ).

Em3ev is a company ran by an engineer, so yes you could fault them for some warts with communication. I think it is worth dealing with those warts, if say, a well engineered battery ( they make their own and are ridiculously meticulous about it ) is what you want the most.

Maybe think of em3ev as the soup nazi. Will you stand in line and follow the rules for the city's best soup? i don't fault you if you don't want to deal with the rules of the line and go get a less better soup elsewhere. But i prefer the best soup i can get my hands on.

[youtube]euLQOQNVzgY[/youtube]

One last update, Joseph got in contact again and apologised for what happened and offered a small discount and the choice to use PayPal for the payment.
I'm not sure if I will take up the offer but on a human level I'm satisfied with how they have now tried to rectify the issue.

Jason187 said:
One last update, Joseph got in contact again and apologised for what happened and offered a small discount and the choice to use PayPal for the payment.
I'm not sure if I will take up the offer but on a human level I'm satisfied with how they have now tried to rectify the issue.

They didn't ask for your DOB by chance this time around, did they? LOL

They are backed up with sales and business. Making for some unforgiving and downright pissy customers. Shipping time and communication have been the dominant complaints about as long as I've followed EM3ev. I guess us old fellas just don't get as worried when something goes slightly south, especially with someone with a stellar reputation.

Back