Escooter project

buttkicker

1 µW
Hi guys new to this forum
firstly I am a complete beginner at Ebike/Scooter my Knowledge is 5% out of 100%

19yrs ago I bought my daughter an E Scooter which she loved at the time and it cost me over £300 - it was bought from a Ski shop of all places to buy an escooter from

like all 10yr olds she let her friends ride it and slowly they wrecked it between them bashing into the curbs and walls etc - so after about a year of use it got put to the back of the garage and there it has stayed for 19 yrs

now with the popularity of these scoots nowback in fashion i have decided to rebuild it it (get it working again) hence me coming here for some advice

i have stripped it down a little revealing it has two dead 12volt lead acid batteries hooked in serial - the twist throttle is broken and the front forks look like they have some play possibly needing new bearings 2 flat tyres and the brake works but is pretty rusty

the controller has the following letters XYK - 2000 - 24 Which i have no idea whether it still works or not unknown motor the footplate and body is all sound

so my questions are do i buy 2 12 volt lead acid batts or make up a single or pair of batteries from 18650's which I have about 30 of them with about 15 being new and another 15 which i got out of laptops which are in good condition and will hold a charge the laptops one's all being about 2100mah and the new ones all being over 3000mah so am a bit stuck as what to do battery wise - I do not have a charger that will charge 24 volts but do have the skyrc charger ordered and on its way from china coming soon hopefully i will enclose some pics i took of the scooter as of yesterday

must add i don't know how i can check the controller to see if it works so will need recommendations for a throttle and a controller if it does not work - must add i don't even know if the motor works either

would also appreciate it if anyone knows who the maker of this scoot is thanks for persevering with me

scooter%20prerepair1-XL.jpg

scooter%20prerepair2-XL.jpg

scooter%20prerepair3-XL.jpg

scooter%20prerepair5-XL.jpg

scooter%20prerepair6-XL.jpg

scooter%20prerepair10-XL.jpg

scooter%20prerepair11-XL.jpg

I would definitely try making a lithium battery for it. It will be a huge improvement over lead acid. You could probably use 7 or 8 series cells. 8 would give you a little speed increase. You need to have enough parallel cells to supply the needed current. Exactly what that is I'm not sure. You would also need a new charger made for that pack size.

I’ve never seen one like that. There were lots of small companies making scooters in the early days that are long gone now.

Hi
Have you got it to work? =) I have got one almost exactly like your scooter that I'm fixing up
do you know what the watt is on the motor?

Back