Older type controller for ninebot motor

Phillipo72

1 µW
Hi guys. Im currently building a new version of the 3 wheel buggy i previously had. This time I have the ninebot g30 hub at the rear, and the mobility scooter steering as before. Im looking for an older type controller which does not rely on and lcd dash and bms. I worked with the type im looking for on an old chaos lead acid scooter. Its also important it does not rely on push or kick stsrt. I dont mind pushing the motor above its rating. I just want old fashioned on off switches for braking and ign etc. Any suggestions? Im happy to go sensorless also for simplicity

Many controllers with displays can be run without them (headless), though they usually run in whatever the power-on default assist mode is.

If you measure the votlages on each pin of the display/controller connector while it's turned on, there's probably two with battery voltage on them--those are the "ignition" switch, so connecting those together would turn the controller on without the display.

If your brakes are presently variable control, I don't think you'd really want to give that up for full-power on/off braking, which gives you no control over braking force. But if you do, you could still just use switches in place of variable levers--just wire them up so they connect the full braking control voltage to the braking input when turned on. (you'd have to measure what that voltage is).

If you don't want to deal with any of that and would rather just figure out all of the wiring on a completely different controller, there are lots of brushless controllers out there; just make sure you get one that has the same current limit and voltage range as your existing one so it will work with your battery, and that it has all the features you are after, and preferably has a clear wiring diagram you can follow.

Back