Eurobike 2010 Ghost E-Ndure

Miles

100 TW
From Pinkbike coverage of Eurobike:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/ghost-e-ndure-electric-eurobike-2010.html

Seems to use the new Clean Mobile planetary motor/drive unit.

p4pb5568166.jpg

Now there's a FS middrive I would buy. Looks $$$ though. :cry:

99.9% mmmmmmmm. Those fins look a bit unfriendly though.

Mileas i said Hay to White industry for you .. Also , all pictures i will upload in few hours. Whats the best service to automaticly upload 100 photos :)?

Nicest implementation of an e-mountain bike I have seen to date. I hope it’s reasonably priced when they produce it, since I would buy one.

Miles said:
From Pinkbike coverage of Eurobike:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/ghost-e-ndure-electric-eurobike-2010.html

Seems to use the new Clean Mobile planetary motor/drive unit.

p4pb5568166.jpg

Do you want me to put here the photos from eurobike or you would prefer other place ?

What is he saying???? AHHH!!!!! :mrgreen:

He doesn't need to make sense, the bike speaks for itself. :twisted:
Did anybody catch the wieght on that thing? Also, the rear suspension looks fine to me, alot like the Trek XC bikes, this is not a DH bike.

Timma, too late, they already beat you to it, but you are welcome to try and make one that actually puts out some power. All the eurobike ebikes are nice, but most are only dealing with the forces of a 350 watt setup, the chinese have been doing that for 10 years, big deal. I see a boutique market for custom Timma or Recumpence powerhouses, but you guys gotta get your ars in gear, cuz these guys might just have to make an offshoot company that takes thier tame trailbikes (that won't get them sued) and turns them into throw you on your ass Freeriders.

See: http://www.clean-mobile.com/uploads/newsfiles/file24.pdf

I think this is the patent: http://v3.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/originalDocument?CC=WO&NR=2009010943A2&KC=A2&FT=D&date=20090122&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP

Yes, that could be. But the dia is smaller than 150 mm and Ghost say nothing about Clean Mobile. But first see this Videos. :D

[youtube]lbV6lzBwnVA[/youtube]
[youtube]fsGVaCOxSGg[/youtube]
[youtube]JQHOpRC68cE[/youtube]

In Europe you can legal only drive bikes about 250 W. This bike have 1200 W "peak". :(
It looks a little bit like the Optibike, which has 850 W "peak". Ok, the costs of these
bikes will be to high for the fun you get. So I will further work on my own bike. :mrgreen:

All those bikes need a simple override system that will just put out top speed in each gear, but the only problem with that would be the necessity to have a freewheeling crank. I wonder if they do? I am assuming not because the system just assists. The Ghost offering is the most integrated system IMHO, but I am still wondering about pricing for these factory rides.

etard wrote:
The Ghost offering is the most integrated system IMHO, but I am still wondering about pricing for these factory rides.

This is the reason why I like this system. The whole motor+gear weights about 4 KG. You can attach the rear hub you want. OK, this bike is no rocket, but the system itself is very nice.

realy nice bike...
i think one of the nicest sofar

on the video Bastiaan Thijs says, that eh electric components weight around 8kg

hmm.. a little heavy for my taste
it also seems not to be that quiet on the other videos, right ?
on the otherhand: the camera-man is obviously sitting on a ebike himself, maybe the noise comes from that bike ?

i like the Ghost E-Ndure;

for me it would be perfekt with:
a) 200Wh battery instead of 390Wh (the battery can be smaller, more slim and thight and for that the frame also tighter)
b) the motor could also be smaller and - for my taste - less powerful
(120Watt continously and maybe 200Watt at burst would be enough for my taste)
c) no speedlimit at 25km/h
d) motor should assist up to at least 100rpm pedaling-frequency

with smaller battery and smaller motor maybe only 5kg would be possible...
at the end such a bike must not weight more than 17-18kg including the battery

Back