• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

EV global parts/heinzmann hub available in 4 sale section

gmouchawar

100 W
A freind is parting out his evg ebike due to a controller failure. He is tired of repairing the controller (multi failures)
and is parting out the ebike to recover some of his cost. The controller is not robust but the rest of the bike is bullet proof.
Since these parts are getting hard to get, I helped him post in the 4 sale section on this forum.

Tell your friend that the controller can be easily replaced. Go out and get a 24 volt controler for a razor e300. Get the twist grip too!!! Rewire it all together and away you go. I have overvolted mine to 36volts with this controler and have had Zero issues over the last 500 miles..The only problem that I had was when I put the razor 36 volt controler in it. Way to many amps and a spun the drive gear inside the motor. A little bit of locktight and that is fixed too.. I still have the original tires (Kenda) that came OEM.

I tried but he is far away and wiring challanged. He has given up. I would help if I were closer. I did what you said to one of mine. It is now 36 with a 1000W controller and half twist throttle from TNCSCOOTER.

They are brushed but geared for high efficiency. Optimized for hill climbing and not speed. You can run the 24V (400W) at 36V which will give you (600W) and ~18mph.
At 48V (800W) and beyond it will overheat if used continueously. So you have to use the temperature sensor and cut power to it if that happens.

Is it originally rated to 24V or 36V. 40A is too high for either but definitely way too high for the 24V. It will overheat and get damaged.

Listen to him, I didn't, and without the heat sensor hooked up, my WE 36v 35 amp controller let me cook the thing dead in one afternoon. That was a 24v motor. Don't even think about high voltage. You won't need it anyway, the hill performance was great for one day! I'd look at something like 36v 20 amp as the max, I think the crystalite brushed is that spec.

Hi,

Tiresias said:
Whats the meaning of WE? Heinzmann is a German quality product. I is undestroyable. I would run it with 72V (original 36V) but couldn`t find a controller.

I posted that the gears are indestructible, not that the electronics can handle high voltage. I'm pretty sure the 36v can handle 48v but thats the extent of my knowledge.

Sorry my previous post wasn't entirely accurate. I assumed if you were planning to run it at 72V you knew it would work.

Back