Feasible to run a 48V/35A output to high end Mxus 4T motor?

Justins311

1 mW
I am somewhat new to ebikes and looking at upgrading my home built to a purpose built ebike frame. I am planning on buying a full used bike less battery/controller. It has most of the specs I want, and comes with a MXUS 4T motor in a 19" moto rim.

I do not need the bike to do much over 30mph, but do want at least 20 miles of range.

What will happen if I pair my existing 48V/10ah LiMn and 35a Grinfineon C3635-NC with this motor? I know I will have severely anemic power compared to what this motor should be doing, but will I damage anything or have no range?

Thanks in advance for the education!

greg176 said:
You can run that motor in the simulator here: http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html
It looks good to me.

Thanks Greg. As I mentioned I'm new to this - all I know is the seller told me its a "MXUS 4T" which seems to be the vernacular most people use on this forum. However, when I go to the simulator it gives me a whole host of MXUS options ranging from a max speed of 23mph to a max speed of 32mph. How do you know which MXUS model is the 4T?

Also, when inputting my battery I don't know the ohms. I plugged in "custom battery" and marked 48V and 10ah. The ohms defaulted to 0.2ohm. Am I using it correctly? Thanks for your guidance!

MXUS 4503
MXUS 4504
MXUS 4505
MXUS 4506
MXUS XF07

Thanks guys.

The battery is a custom build from my old 48V Hanebrink X2. All that I know is I spoke with Dan Hanebrink and he told me it was Lithium Manganese Cobalt, and then mentioned it was the 18650 cells. He has it built by somebody else so I'm not sure how much I trust him, but that is the info I have.

It worked great with very long range on my x2, with an Aotema 750W motor. However that is a hybrid mid-drive setup which I'd imagine is much more efficient than driving the rear wheel directly.

I put it on my first 26" build - a 1000W eBay direct drive rear hub. With the chinese controller (who knows amperage) it was hitting 28-32mph. It is exactly the same when I upgraded to the Grinfineon Controller so I could use the CA3 and determine what was actually going on.

Would I have to disassemble the battery to determine which BMS is in there, if any?

4T is MXUS 4504

I am running at the moment my MXUS 4T on 48V, 11mah battery with no problems with 12FET 30-60A controller.
I only run this on 40A mode (of 20/40/60 selectable), since when I ride on 60A mode the battery 30A fuse melts in few sec.

The speed I am achieving with this 48V battery is ~50 km/h. (on 26" inch rim).

Check your fuse if its accessible on the battery. The BMS should be lower I believe.

The range for such battery is not that impressive when riding actively or full speed. 20 km at most, 20 min.

Thanks Adrian, thats perfect. I definitely need more range so I am going to rethink the approach.

Back