Front wheel not centered

Volodymyr

1 µW
So, i have recently ran in to this kind of problem - my alibaba stealth bomber clone started to lean to the right side, wich made riding extreemly uncomfortable. So i ordered new seat mount, rear swing arm, as i checked almost all other options ( rear wheel alignment, headset tighten etc). But now i found out my front wheel is off center around 1cm to the right. I see why is that (l will add photo) - the side with a brake disc has a larger spacer and wheel is cetered considering spoke holes and not the hub overall (i have replaced the original hub, but the one that came with the bike has same built) My question is - how do i fix it? The only solution i can think off is tightening spokes on the side of the brake disc and loostening them on the other. Please help

Attachments

• IMG_1276.jpeg
    IMG_1276.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1277.jpeg
    IMG_1277.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1278.jpeg
    IMG_1278.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1279.jpeg
    IMG_1279.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
You do need a spoke tension adjustment. If you're not already familiar with it, then it's better to have a professional do this for you.

I'd be very surprised if this were the only boneheaded problem with your bike. It has already finished the only job it was ever designed to do-- separating you from your money.

You do need a spoke tension adjustment. If you're not already familiar with it, then it's better to have a professional do this for you.

I'd be very surprised if this were the only boneheaded problem with your bike. It has already finished the only job it was ever designed to do-- separating you from your money.
How much can the dishing change without having an issue with spoke lengths? I keyed in a 10mm offset on the Grin spoke calculator and it shortened one side by 0.5mm, which seems OK, but lengthened the other side by 1.3mm.

How much can the dishing change without having an issue with spoke lengths? I keyed in a 10mm offset on the Grin spoke calculator and it shortened one side by 0.5mm, which seems OK, but lengthened the other side by 1.3mm.
If the spoke length is right, plus or minus 2mm is usually tolerable without any issues. Main thing is to not let them poke up into the rim strip.

Back