FS Frame + Cromotor + Lipo

gensem

100 kW
I know most people around ll not care, but my new commuter frame just arrived. Need to cut the battery bag a little but thats pretty much it.

fsframe.jpg

My arm is still ill but I finally felt happy with my ebike after the crash.

Edit: Video links start on page 7.

what kind of frame is that?

aw man.. if you only had 1 size up of that frame.. the bag might fit in perfect! too bad about the shock hittin' it..

Nice lipo bunker. I just use lipo bag for my lipo. I just a lot of them. :)

neptronix said:
aw man.. if you only had 1 size up of that frame.. the bag might fit in perfect! too bad about the shock hittin' it..

I was sure the frame wouldnt have the clearance to fit the bag, but that was the best frame I could get and still think that 6x6s ll fit.

mvly said:
Nice lipo bunker. I just use lipo bag for my lipo. I just a lot of them. :)

I have some of thoses bags but since I live in an aparment and my charging spot is very close to my computer stuff(im an IT guy so I have a lot of) I decided that this kind of overkill was needed.

i'm liking that frame (and i care, :lol: ) brand seems to be unknown so probably a rip-off of another successful frame?? anyone know?
gensem said:
And a sneak peek of my lipo bunker...
i'd consider putting a flat bar on the bottom as a support somehow. the bag will sag when full. something thin enough you can bend it, and firm enough to add support. but since the seat tube splits, i'm not sure what to do. this is what i did on my early ghetto build (w/ angle bar w/ the ends trimmed) and it works great, from here.:
file.php

according to this, 19.5" is a Large frame. does it seem so? just did quick sketch in powerpoint using the specs to see how many lipos would fit:
FastraxCFD2000.jpg
looks like you've got 6 tho, to run 18s2p? think you could fit 8 in there in the config i show?

Yup... its 19.5 and it was the best frame I could get from China, its supposed to have scandium and the construction looks fine. I ll be sure to test it using a big hub motor. Btw do you think the head angle is good enough for speed?

But I ll be actually using 6x zippy 8000mah wich are 165x69x52mm but I still think I can fit 6 of thoses and have some spare space.
Im at work so I cannot drawn, but I ll basically use 4 horizontally and 2 vertically.

fabiograssi said:
Nice frame, Gensem! Did you got it here in Brazil? How much and where?

- Fabio

China... around 400 dollars with custom black painting. If I was to order a frame like that in Brazil you know it would be 2 or 3 times more expensive.

GCinDC said:
just worried lipos in a sagging bag will get damaged by shock...

I tought about that too, but i dont think the cells ll have enough clearance to move but I might be wrong. Either way we ll find out in a couple of weeks if my arm keeps healing in the same pace.

i made a bag like that, for a much bigger triangle, and what i found was that the battery didn't stay snug up against the toptube like i'd hoped... :lol: instead gravity pulled it down and wanted to shape it like a tear drop (if viewed like cross section)...

if you have a hard liner between the bag and the shock that will help, but i'm guessing the shock action will eventually tear the fabric at the least and rub whatever is inside if they stay in contact like shown in your photo...

anyway, i'm really tempted to get one of these frames. so i've been researching them a bit:

i think hodaka is the parent company and they show the (more recent?) CFD 2500. (the 2500 has symmetrical chain-stays unlike the 2000 - an afterthought for the chain, that they corrected in the 2500, i wonder?)

The site is copyrighted 2001 :roll: , but the chronology goes to 2005. Looks like they've been building aluminum/scandium frames since 2001.

Can you measure the narrowest part in the rear triangle? How big of a tire will fit? 2.5"?

GCinDC said:
i made a bag like that, for a much bigger triangle, and what i found was that the battery didn't stay snug up against the toptube like i'd hoped... :lol: instead gravity pulled it down and wanted to shape it like a tear drop (if viewed like cross section)...

if you have a hard liner between the bag and the shock that will help, but i'm guessing the shock action will eventually tear the fabric at the least and rub whatever is inside if they stay in contact like shown in your photo...

anyway, i'm really tempted to get one of these frames. so i've been researching them a bit:

i think hodaka is the parent company and they show the (more recent?) CFD 2500. (the 2500 has symmetrical chain-stays unlike the 2000 - an afterthought for the chain, that they corrected in the 2500, i wonder?)

The site is copyrighted 2001 :roll: , but the chronology goes to 2005. Looks like they've been building aluminum/scandium frames since 2001.

Can you measure the narrowest part in the rear triangle? How big of a tire will fit? 2.5"?

I tought about the bag ideia and Im about to cut an old topeak rack and use as a bag base.
I saw the 2500 in the taiwan site too but was not able to find it for selling.
I ll measure tire clearance when I get home, I didnt bother to measure yet because it looks big.

Clearance is really good, I just measured.

3" clearance with wheel brakes, and 3,75" if you grind the brake bolts.

vai.jpg

GCinDC said:
150mm between the dropouts?

Did not bother to measure too but its also big. I ll measure after work. but if I was to guess I would say its indeed 15cm. The frame is good, i mean much better than I tought I would for 370 dollars. But im brazilian and im used to pay too 2, 3 times the regular price so it might not impress you much.

Back