Glowworm's ride out of Perth! August 3rd, 2013

whats your total battery capacity you each are carrying?
each person has two 36v 20ahr packs?

Well done guys! Are you taking the main highway out to Esperance? My parents will probably pass you on the road as they are headed to Mt Barker today, Denmark for the night, then on to Esperance to collect their caravan towing mirrors. They left them at my house, but Dad was too stubborn to turn around to collect them :roll: He was only about 10 km away too.

Keep an eye out for a Nissan Navara towing a caravan with Queensland number plates. They'll happily pull the kettle out for a break :)

I think we've missed your parents by a day Chris, thanks for thought though!

We did just 90 km today, from Mt Barker to Stirling Ranges retreat through 42km of the hilly Stirling Range Drive gravel/dirt/sand/mud track in the pouring rain. Still raining now. Felt like as much work as the 180km+ days we've done previously.

766 km traveled over the past 5 days.

Stirling Ranges rolling wet dirt roads.jpg
Stirling Ranges Maurice Abraham.jpg
View attachment 1

Nice work. That road can be testing on cars too.

My folks are in Denmark tonight and will start to head out towards Esperance tomorrow, so you might well get passed by them. I've let them know that they should be on the look-out for three e-bikers loaded up with stuff on the South Coast Highway.

Keep smiling!

voicecoils said:
We did just 90 km today, from Mt Barker to Stirling Ranges retreat through 42km of the hilly Stirling Range Drive gravel/dirt/sand/mud track in the pouring rain. Still raining now. Felt like as much work as the 180km+ days we've done previously.

801 km traveled over the past 5 days.

That must be hard going through the rain on those gravel hilly roads, a bit like riding on slime, more rain today, sorry that normally sunny WA is going through it's wettest period atm,
hope that it improves soon but still enjoy those ranges while you's can

just heard on the weather its the wettest August day in WA in over 10 years!

Great work chaps, are you at least enjoying the scenery down South?
Hope the weather clears up a little for you...keep on truck..erm keep on biking :)

KiM

Had a short day today, 102km but good roads, reasonable start time and some tailwind meant we reached our destination of Jerramungup before 4pm. Naturally it poured hard for the last 40 mins to ensure we got just a bit wetter. :twisted:

Took all my red dirt mud and sand soaked pannier bags in the shower with me to remove some filth. Will try to hose down the bike at some point too.

We've got our wet shoes suspended over a electric heater hoping for dry feet tomorrow but it does mean our room smells simply terrible tonight.

Bikes are doing really well. I'll need new disk pads soon thanks to all the wet and sand working together like a grinding paste but otherwise nothing to stop us moving under leg and electrical power.

Scenery has been really great and we've passed owls on road signs, frogs covering wet roads at night, kangaroos and rabbits jumping out in front of us at dusk as well as lots of baby farm animals - cows, sheep, goats watching us curiously as we pass.

I had a fantastic night in the Jerramungup tavern back in 2002. A minivan full of 20-somethings piled out and walked into the pub looking for a toilet. It was like busting into a saloon and the place went quiet. I bought a beer, someone dropped a coin in the jukebox, and before long the whole shire came out for a great night of dancing :lol: Fun and games :)

My folks are in Denmark again tonight, so they might still catch you in Esperance ;)

Back