GNG / CYC X1 Pro 3000w

Bearings or even worse motor failure, a magnet might be destroying itself inside the motor if your unlucky enough to have a piece still triggering the hall sensor.

Ive seen a few of these motors fail while searching the web, they seem to rev way to high considering its design.

Lenk42602 said:
Thanks. Reachd out to Jon and he provided a beta version of the app.

not quite the real deal but good enough for now

Hello, I bought an Ocassion bike and now I don't get the login for the Cycmotor app because I don't have a proof of purchase and so I can't make any settings. Can someone help me further? Thank you very much

Hola Spherists!

The fabric strap on my 120mm BB CYC X1 Gen 2 Pro has ripped in half and so I'm holding the motor with 3 large zip ties. Have you guys come up with any custom solutions for holding the motor to the frame?

Thanks!

e

knurf said:
mbgjt1 said:
I'm in the process of buying the gen 2 cyc x1 pro and installing it on a Giant Fathom 29" hardtail mountain bike.

With the BAC2000 running at 72v, is it realistic to try and pull 250 Nm of torque and 5kw of power through the standard 11 speed bike cassette and drive train?

I'm worried that this will snap chains and bend derailleurs and brackets.

Has anyone experienced this type of setup? If so what is your advice?

I can downgrade the cassette to an 8speed and use a wider chain. Would this work ?
I'm running the gen 1 thing on 22s (~91v) and 6kw
What controller do you use at this specs? Don't you have overheating issue of the motor?

I'm using standard Shimano alivio 9sp cassette, dt350 hub with steel freewheel body and a pair of fsa chains at 5kw power load without any drivetrain issues. You just have to make sure of straight chain line during such a power load and capable bike frame.

Ianhill said:
Ive seen a few of these motors fail while searching the web, they seem to rev way to high considering its design.

Why they rev too high? 9k rpm under load, 10k rpm unloaded with ASI inferior lowish erpm controllers, while specified details 12500 rpm maximum at 20S battery, considering 150kv motor

What controller do you use at this specs? Don't you have overheating issue of the motor?

I'm using standard Shimano alivio 9sp cassette, dt350 hub with steel freewheel body and a pair of fsa chains at 5kw power load without any drivetrain issues. You just have to make sure of straight chain line during such a power load and capable bike frame.

I'm using a VESC 100V 250A (trampaboards) controller together with a Cycle Analyst. No too worried about overheating, my sessions are rarely longer than 600wh of energy consumed and mostly offroad (no super long stretches of constant full throttle, that could maybe overheat it at some point). Also higher voltage/less amps for same power should equal a bit less heat, I guess.

Andrewol said:
Ianhill said:

Why they rev too high? 9k rpm under load, 10k rpm unloaded with ASI inferior lowish erpm controllers, while specified details 12500 rpm maximum at 20S battery, considering 150kv motor

12500rpm on an inrunner with its magnets attatched with glue and a thin metal band is a bit touch and go, the magnets are attached to a laminated metal base that is made of many pieces to limit eddy current build up in them but at high speeds thats were vibration will start its hard to make the rotor robust enough to stand up to the g forces 12.5krpm does and live to tell the tale.

Theres links on this very site of a few motors thats had issues over the various generations and they all trying to fix this one issue rotor strength.

Hey guys, I just installed my new CYC X1 Pro Gen 2 with the BAC855 controller today and tweaked a little bit with the "CYC MOTOR (BAC)" app, and found the motor won't save my settings after shutting off. Is this usual or I missed something?

For me the foremost disappointment is not enough pedal assist power even at PAS level 5 (weaker than my TSDZ2), as the Pedalec Power Gain is 0.5 by default. I can change it to 2 and make the pedal assist adequate, but after turning the display off and back on it goes back to 0.5. I tried modifying other parameters and it forgets my changes the same way. Is this how it works?

Thanks for any advices!

stratohunter said:
Hey guys, I just installed my new CYC X1 Pro Gen 2 with the BAC855 controller today and tweaked a little bit with the "CYC MOTOR (BAC)" app, and found the motor won't save my settings after shutting off. Is this usual or I missed something?

For me the foremost disappointment is not enough pedal assist power even at PAS level 5 (weaker than my TSDZ2), as the Pedalec Power Gain is 0.5 by default. I can change it to 2 and make the pedal assist adequate, but after turning the display off and back on it goes back to 0.5. I tried modifying other parameters and it forgets my changes the same way. Is this how it works?

Thanks for any advices!

You need to save settings to flash. In the CYC app it's the arrow in the top right corner.

knurf said:
I'm using a VESC 100V 250A (trampaboards) controller together with a Cycle Analyst.
It's quite expensive controller. Do you also have PAS and TS?
Why do you need to use CA if there is built-in BT module with their own app to provide real time control?
What's your maximum motor rpm and free spin motor current with this controller?

Andrewol said:
knurf said:
I'm using a VESC 100V 250A (trampaboards) controller together with a Cycle Analyst.
It's quite expensive controller. Do you also have PAS and TS?
Why do you need to use CA if there is built-in BT module with their own app to provide real time control?
What's your maximum motor rpm and free spin motor current with this controller?
I only use throttle with this setup. The CA is there as a the display for all the things, it has nothing to do with the settings in the controller. I use pass-thru as throttle setting in CA, so throttle curve is set on the controller.

Motor rpm is going to be higher (@22s so a higher voltage, higher rpm) but I don't have any exact numbers. From what I've experienced in other setups, the motor/gearbox is very efficient.

Back