GNG / CYC X1 Pro 3000w

i think its for 14s max. about 59V fully loaded ( maybe 62V Caps? )

ordered two of those, one gear, one chain.
Asked Jon if the planetary gearbox is sealed, and if its possible to oil-fill it. Think this would really help on the noise.
Also asked for a biger 219 driver sproket for less noise and less wear.

will do some riding videos on youtube when they arrive

neptronix said:
The reason i'm attracted to this is because you could fairly easily turn it into a direct wheel drive on the right frame. The ultimate style of drive in my opinion.
+1, i had the same plan, a left hand drive to a sprocket thats mounted besides the brake disc (there are tons of ready to cut designs in my drawer)
unfortunately for this a freewheel that freewheels in the opposite direction would be needed.
unfortunately the first freewheel seems to be integreated into the planetary carrier - there is simply not enough space in the center of the 12T #219 sprocket to fit one. Will be a hard time make it freewheel in the opposite direction though

ScooterMan101 said:
[...]Right side or left ( disc brake ) side ?

On the right side you would always have to peddle,

On the left side you do not have to always peddle, you can then let the freewheel on the cassette/one cog freewheel, thereby eliminating the need to have a freewheel on the crank, although this motor comes with a freewheel on the crankset ??
[...]
The X1 seems to have 2 freewheels, one on the crank and one on the motor drive (planetary output), like all the other cyclone middrives used to have

quote from their homepage:
All system come with a silent one way freewheel that will let you ride your bike without drag.
Only the top quality components are used in this motor system, including freewheels and bearings.

If the "freewheel" is a sprag clutch type, it should be possible to reverse it just by pressing it out, turning it over and pressing it back in.

Can anyone tell how big of a chainring can fit on the chain drive type? The gear version is restricted to the 38T , because of the (obvious need for the) closer distance, which is the only reason I have to go with the chain version. It looks like it might be a 50T, and a tight fit at that. My main question is can it fit a 53T?

Looks like it will be the chain version. A 38T chainring is kinda limiting in top speed, even going to an 11T sprocket. I'm thinking of putting one of these on my e-road bike project, instead of a bbshd. I like the size and power of this thing, where it will probably last for a while at 2000w. I'd have to run the voltage down to 10s (37v nom) since I want to use it with PAS, at a realistic pedaling speed of 90-110 rpm. At 40mph, that's a cadence of around 105rpm on a 700x23 tire, and a 53T : 11T ratio.

hypertoric_amplituhedron said:
[...] I'd have to run the voltage down to 10s (37v nom) since I want to use it with PAS [...]
this controller is programmable so it should be possible to limit rpm by software - no need for a special battery

hypertoric_amplituhedron said:
My main question is can it fit a 53T?
I think the limiting factor is the chain tensioner/idler sprocket of the #219 chain. I think i read on facebook that there will follow larger #219 chainrings up to 90T, which would be 222mm in diameter, so a 54T bycicle chainwheel should fit next to it.

Drum said:
If the "freewheel" is a sprag clutch type, it should be possible to reverse it just by pressing it out, turning it over and pressing it back in.
from the video it looks like it could actually be a sprag clutch. thanks for the hint. Anyway I like the small package of the gear version, so i'll go for that one, turn around the motor and swap the gear for a 16T bicycle chain sprocket plus an idle roller as chain tensioner and to guide the chain around the bottom bracket. I think i will go for a 36T/16T reduction, so this should be 9000rpm/6/36t*18t=667 rpm idle speed which should be good for 60 real life kph with 26" tires.

A 54T, ooh, even better. And, you're right, a 12s voltage would be better off for my speed desires. I didn't think about the rpm limiter. That would let me hit 50 mph on a road bike at 130 rpm, lol.

Does anyone know if they have a gear sensor for this kit, or will the bbshd type work just as well? Or, is that a function of the torque sensing bb? How does that thing work anyways? Does it apply more throttle the harder you push, and less throttle for the lighter?

Hi Hyper..
Yes, a torque sensing bottom bracket has a variable output signal based on how much force you are putting on the pedals: The harder you push, the greater the output signal.
How that is applied to the motor power depends on the programming of the controller, but in its basic form, doubling the force on the pedals will result in the motor developing twice the torque, and if you stop pedaling, motor output falls to zero immediately.
This results in a very natural and controllable ride.. it feels like you are riding a bike, not a motorbike.. and without any sudden surges when you start pedaling, or power being maintained for a time after you stop pedaling.

Once power levels get above 300W or so, I find "ordinary" cadence - sensing PAS control annoying and dangerous, specially on tight offroad tracks, whereas torque sensing is safe and enjoyable.

+1. I think i'm not goin too far out of the limb if i say that it is unlikely that this controller can accept a torque sensing signal as is. I am also planing to use torque sensing, i am not sure if i want a CycaleAnalyst or just buy or build my own torquesensor->throttle signal converter with an arduino.

Im interested in this drive too. I was going to get he BBSHD + FOC Sineweave controller + CA 3 for 72v and 40A but i was worried about the health of the plastic gear, so the CYC got my attention.

They uploaded a video with the noise of the drive.
I think its pretty good, considering most of the noise is from the chain and driverain and the high RPM.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FXkCWAntBiYbWOa56BbWcmqdL09PmIKH/view
They said the gear version will be a bit more noisy.

no black Friday sale. Last week i should have paid $40 for shipping to EU. I checked again on Wednesday this week, shipping was $100.

bought the gear version today incl $120 for shipping :cry: It looks like i have order number 19. So there should be plenty of units left from the first run. Asked for the shipping date and was told that it should be shipped within 2-3 weeks. So i hope that it will ship out on December 14 at the latest...let's see, maybe it even makes it under the xmas tree :D

thanks for the video!!

Oh wow, pushed out to december, eh.. i was told November would be the date i'd get mine when i inquired..
I'm sure there's a good reason they decided to hold off. This is a big leap for the GNG folks after all.

Glad to hear you picked one up, crossbreak. I know you'll put it through it's paces proper. :thumb:

Föppel said:
i think its for 14s max. about 59V fully loaded ( maybe 62V Caps? )

ordered two of those, one gear, one chain.
Asked Jon if the planetary gearbox is sealed, and if its possible to oil-fill it. Think this would really help on the noise.
Also asked for a biger 219 driver sproket for less noise and less wear.

will do some riding videos on youtube when they arrive

You can drive 72 volts.
I make 17s withe 4,15volt

No, the max is 20s battery, but for a couple of minutes burst. Here is an answer from their facebook page
"The 36V-72V 20s 65A controller will be included with the first shipping batch. So you will get the 36-72V version controller."
"Yes it can take 72v at 60A, but only with short burst of several minutes. Continuous 20-30 min would be too hot(controller will limit the output when the motor is running too hot so no worry of burning down the motor) Considering its size and weight this is as large as we can put into this motor."
"I run around continuous 2000W uphill all days and the motor is not even warm, still cool."
So the max watts will be 4680W... :shock:

thx for the info. I'll cut some adapter and custom part for the left hand direct drive, anyone who wants those is welcome to PM me... i started a new thread about the direct drive conversion here: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=97479

LexHammer said:
anttipaa said:
Does this kit have better pedal cadence than Bbshd?
What do you mean by better?

With BBSHD you need to pedal very fast if you want to keep with the motor. There is not enough reduction to cranks.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84418#p1284958

LexHammer said:
No, the max is 20s battery, but for a couple of minutes burst. Here is an answer from their facebook page
"The 36V-72V 20s 65A controller will be included with the first shipping batch. So you will get the 36-72V version controller."
"Yes it can take 72v at 60A, but only with short burst of several minutes. Continuous 20-30 min would be too hot(controller will limit the output when the motor is running too hot so no worry of burning down the motor) Considering its size and weight this is as large as we can put into this motor."
"I run around continuous 2000W uphill all days and the motor is not even warm, still cool."

You make bla bla bla.

You coan nothe drive 20S Battery.
Maximum is 72volt nothe more. This is 17S battery.

oefianer said:
LexHammer said:

You make bla bla bla.

Are you drunk or just stupid? I use QUOTES, because i QUOTE from my conversation with CYC motors. So who knows better- CYC or someone that cant even write?

LexHammer said:
oefianer said:
LexHammer said:

You make bla bla bla.

Are you drunk or just stupid? I use QUOTES, because i QUOTE from my conversation with CYC motors. So who knows better- CYC or someone that cant even write?

20s battery is 84volt.
The Controller can 72volt No more 🤣

oefianer said:
20s battery is 84volt.
The Controller can 72volt No more 🤣

Since when does 20S stand for 84V?
20x3.6V=72V
That is exactly what the controller can take NOMINAL!
When talking of controller voltage it is about the nominal voltage. And even the manufacterer quotes(!) 20S in their reply... :roll:
So yes a 72V controller can take a 84V fully charged battery.

Back