GoCycle

http://www.gocycle.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/downloads/sn4pnt1_green_resetting_controller.pdf

Yep, you just hold the power button down for the appropriate time when the bike is on charge.

Actually I don't even think it needs to be on charge, you hold the brake, then press the red button until you hear the two beeps.

Kudos

I think the owner said he looked and it was about £500, more than that, no idea
Good to find a scrapper and build your own pack in the old casing

Kudos, thanks for info on USA mode, I'll get John to try it

NeilP said:
I think the owner said he looked and it was about £500, more than that, no idea
Good to find a scrapper and build your own pack in the old casing

Kudos, thanks for info on USA mode, I'll get John to try it

I'd love to stuff some li cells in my stock battery case but I don't know what I would use for a BMS, I bet it would have to be tiny.

Ah yes, a BMS, not something I ever consider
I would just fit an external plug to monitor balance and balance manually as and when necessary, maybe try and squeeze some of the 2-4s HobbyKing LVC alarms in there as warning

What is the voltage and capacity of standard pack?

NeilP said:
I would just fit an external plug to monitor balance and balance manually as and when necessary, maybe try and squeeze some of the 2-4s HobbyKing LVC alarms in there as warning

If you put in the cell-LVC alarms, be prepared to balance charge regularly, as they do (semi-slowly) imbalance a pack when left plugged in.

NeilP said:

Its something like 28V. I know its 9Ah, round-cell, NiMH. For balancing we would have to replace the stock charging plug on the battery with some multi-pin plug. I don't know what the stock controller LVC is, probably easy to figure out.

liveforphysics said:
NeilP said:

If you put in the cell-LVC alarms, be prepared to balance charge regularly, as they do (semi-slowly) imbalance a pack when left plugged in.

Oh bugger, just bought 3 for my girlfriends bike. Not needed to balance the pack since I built the bike. Not even checked it in months. Guess they will go straight in the scrap parts / not used bin as soon as they arrive then. Thanks for the warning

NeilP said:

I believe the standard pack is 19.2V 9ah and the lithium pack is 18.5V 11Ah.

Kudos

Luckily I have a 24v battery I can wire it up to and see if it runs... but before I do that can anyone tell by looking at it if it would suffer any damage with 29.4v? It has 35v caps.

IMG_20130723_134436.jpg
IMG_20130723_134415.jpg
IMG_20130723_134356.jpg
d235ccec-51a6-49f3-ba1b-995af46ef15e.jpg
IMG_20130723_141439.jpg

I'm really interested in what you come up with here.

I've always liked the funky design of the gocycle but the one I tested for a while just didn't cut it power wise.

It you could up the voltage like you're trying or just replace the controller altogether it might actually make it usable.

Good luck...

Kudos

Back