Goped ESR 750 spocket kit

slackie

10 µW
Not sure if anyone is currently using the mod from DDM which allows easy change of the front and rear sprockets of the Goped ESR series...sorry forgot the name and the link on DDM.

Thinking of changing my stock 750EX motor to the Torkinator, would 24Ah lithium be sufficient ? I'm around 85kg and my current setup is 15/75.

Thanks in advance!

found it! http://www.davesmotors.com/gg520gocruisefreewheeladapter.html anyone tried this before?

silviasol: Thanks for the reply, mine's a headway lifepo4 38210 8S2P 24ah that most are using. 12 miles turbo for 20ah... 24 should give me 14-15 miles turbo??

Did you buy that part? You should update this thread on how well it works I am interested in getting one.

Range will depend on what speed you go. I assume the torkinator can do 35 or more so probably less then 12. I used to have 9/76 gearing and I would get over a third more range. I would assume with 30+ mph the range will drop significantly more.

I suggest you to keep the speed below 25 mph or this may happen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTancATIVzE

Thinking of... it won't work on Hooverboard though unless you take out the rear disc brakes.

silviasol: now I'm using stock gearing and motor for the ESR750 using 24ah lithium... for a 90 - 110kg payload, what should be the ideal gearing be? Torkinator recommends 13/62, just afraid it might put too much stress on the motor.

13/62 and 15/75 are pretty much the same. I kept the stock 15/75 setting on my goped when I had a Torkinator to have stronger acceleration but same top speed. If you want to increase the top speed at the cost of the acceleration, you just need a smaller rear sprocket.

FYI, the cheapest way is to buy a mini moto sprocket with 4 arm like here and drill holes to match the goped mounting points, see bellow a 68 mini moto sprocket on my goped:

silviasol said:
Walls99, that is a freewheel front sprocket kit?
How are you drilling the holes to be perfectly symmetrical? I have hard enough time even with my alignment tool to get the stock back gear symmetrical.
It's not a freewheel kit, just a stock wheel and bolts with a mini moto 68 teeth sprocket. To drilling the holes, I used the stock sprocket as stencil to mark the drilling location, you only have to center the sprocket correctly.

Back