Greentime controllers

running with a sensorless mode, is indeed very - Unusual . it will spin forward and backward, and then forward again. I think is normal for sensor less to do a run. So far I have only see LYEN controller can run a sensor/less without this problem, and it can spin the wheel as if is a hall sensor mode. It is a betting games on 24cells to see if it works or not. I do have friends use Lyen controller in my country have found failures on 24cell on a x5304. Run on 18cells or 20cells is sure a good choice, speed can easily pass above 65km/h on a 1000w hub motor. I run most of the time is flat road with slight slops. right now, I am considering should I build another 15 cells pack? 4p ? or - 12c 4p. ?

My pack is 12s3p, have two of them on two BMS, so I can use them in parallel on my 48V bikes or in series on my 96V bikes.

The forwards and backwards play is only happening if you start from a dead stop, even if you only drive 0.5km/h it starts immediately on my HS3540. I swapped the place of the sensor wires for bigger phase wires and i'm fine with that.

Still I'm keen to see if the 15fet can do 24s lipo. Didn't try it since I think my 45amps setting is too much for 24s, Maybe we should lower it to 35amps. That would be a good choice for the MagicPie2 I hope.

Ya it was sensorless, i've had the issue where some 15FETs just won't go in to sensored, and sensorless is quite dodgy. Trying an 18FET 4410/4110 is the next step. I'm going to warn others against the 15FET from now on.

dnmun said:
was the phase/hall wiring confirmed to be correct on this controller that failed?

Mine was correct because I changed nothing with the controller when upgrading from 18s to 24s. The motor worked normal for a couple of miles also before blowing.

What I do not understand is why can't this controller handle 24s? Why are people using other 15fet controllers at 24s without issue? Isn't 4115 and 4110's supposed to handle 100volts? I only charged my batteries to 96 volts and was around 92 volts when the controller blew.

Three confirmed 15fet greentime controllers blew recently, even one with 4110 fets. What is going on here?

I am purchasing a Lyen controller. I always intended to purchase a Lyen for the programmability anyway. however, the 15fet greentime ran great for me at 18s and I drove it hard. I may have even used it longer if it had held at 24s.

Does anyone know what it would cost to probably fix the most likely problem with my controller? Or for $50 bucks replacement cost just throw it in the trash?

I am going to try and repair my 15fet greentime controller. Do I have to do anything to remove the voltage from the controller so I don't kill myself? I can not seem to find any info on this but remember someone recommending it.

EdwardNY said:
I am going to try and repair my 15fet greentime controller. Do I have to do anything to remove the voltage from the controller so I don't kill myself? I can not seem to find any info on this but remember someone recommending it.
Apparently one's supposed to wait a little while after disconnecting, then take a spare piece of wire and some non-metal holding instrument to poke it into the battery +/- to short the last of the power. I've never seen a spark when doing it or if it makes a huge difference. After a long time it will drain on it's own.

ian.mich said:
EdwardNY said:
Apparently one's supposed to wait a little while after disconnecting, then take a spare piece of wire and some non-metal holding instrument to poke it into the battery +/- to short the last of the power. I've never seen a spark when doing it or if it makes a huge difference. After a long time it will drain on it's own.

Thanks, I would never worry about something like this but I read a news article about a kid dying when opening up a computer power supply. Kind of scared me and then I read something on here about releasing the voltage in the controllers.

Put a piece of solder from + to - and there was a huge spark on my greentime controller. Was sitting a whole day also.

When opening up my controller I see obvious burnt fets all the way at the edge opposite where the wires come out.

I will do more checking to see which ones are shorted.

The mosfets read fb4410z on them. Can you recommend a place where I can buy them?

Should I replace the mosfets with 4410's or 4110? Like can I use both 4410 and 4110's?

Here is a picture of my blown greentime controller. The fets on that side are all bad.

IS this fixable? You can see the solder melted away at the bottom of the controller that connects the fets. Can I just add solder to that line?

Why would the solder trace melt away like that?

editpreviewu.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you want to use a resistor when you short the two power leads together to prevent arcing. I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable will chime in, but your board looks much more "burned" than either of the two I killed. Mine didn't have any of the grey discoloration when they died.

OK,
so I received my greentime 15 fet 4110 controller last week after 3 months of waiting and installed it on a bike with a 3595 clyte motor and was not impressed at all at low speed it coged and sputtered with a top end of about 30 mph. just not for me. I did sell it and recover some of my investment but overall I would rate greentime controllers in the lower numbers. like a 4 @ best I had a 48 volt controller that out perfromed this greentime 72 volt controller Overall! :mrgreen:

with the waiting period and overall performance I would go to lyen and get a good!!!! product

Ok I understand. I personally been quite happy with the 18fet 4110 controllers, do not have much experience with smaller.

dnmun said:
cogged and sputtered sounds like it had the wrong hall/phase connections.

You'd think that we'd be past people trying to take rides with controllers obviously wired wrong. The 6 combinations of phase wires must always be tried with ANY new controller. The halls only need to be touched if the "good" combo is reverse. 3595??? Do they really sell such a fast wind? I hope it in a wheel 20" or smaller.

How does this 15 fet 4410 controller compare to 15fet 4110 controller. Id like alot of acceleration... :roll: I had 9fet4110 and it rocked like party time.

Will a 24 fet 4110 give me greater acceleration? :shock:

What about heat in the motor winding? 15fet 4410 45a is calm and steady in my setup mainly wot(4kw) and 2,5-3kw average for 15mins.

to find out why the top speed will reach near 30mph for 72v controller ? why don't use a Watt meter/ cycle analyst and find out how much current true output? I think it could be amps setting in your greentime controller is lower then 20amps, . so is 1500watts /72v about 20amps. between a 20amps output and 42 amps output , I can see there is indeed a huge speed improvement .

so is 72v 20amps controller is good for long range rider controller. that is a good benefits.

hi, whatever.
I don't sell any controller yet, though I have kept many in my store room/ store them in a box. I am more a user, tester, ebike hobby as main fun. I have also kept many cyclone motors, one currie motor in my store room. maybe I will use them one day. One greentime controller 48v tested left in a box, one day I might used it.

kent

leffex said:
How does this 15 fet 4410 controller compare to 15fet 4110 controller. Id like alot of acceleration... :roll: I had 9fet4110 and it rocked like party time.

What about heat in the motor winding? 15fet 4410 45a is calm and steady in my setup mainly wot(4kw) and 2,5-3kw average for 15mins.

My 24Fet is IRFB3077, it does great acceleration, I use 85amps max. IMO IRFB3077 is the better choice and use only 18s instead of 24s, much saver ;)

24Fet fits into the same Box as 15Fet almost. Maybe I order a few and re-box them with custom made box+heatsink. I'll let you know :p

If you order from Leo, make sure he programs 120amps phase current limit and fast throttle response, otherwise will have quite slow start-up :?

leffex said:

I decided to go with the 4410 instead of the 4110. It seemed that there would be minimal efficiency loss going with the 4410 and not worth the upgrade price of the 4110.

I ran my 15fet 4410 15 fet at 72 volts very hard. My motor would get pretty hot but never caused any problems. However, I blew my 15fet 4410 when I tried 24s. But someone blew their 15fet 4110 when trying 24s so it is advisable never to try 24s on these controllers.

sorry kentlim I mixed you up with leo lui
Anyhow I want to change my 6fet greetime from 48v to 24v, I opened up controller and it looks like there are two pins to change to 36v or24v, can I confirm with anyone its just simple bridge the pins to get new lvc settings? if its correct then its a very handy board ( board id is c-sma2.3 )
ATTACH]

Attachments

• 6fet greentime lvc.jpg
    6fet greentime lvc.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 2,117
which connection will give me 24v?
not sure how to bridge it
1 or 2 in diagram?

6fet greentime lvc select 24v.jpg

i have open up n check if i have the same board for 48v but no have 36v or 24v pin that can join them.

John in CR said:
dnmun said:
cogged and sputtered sounds like it had the wrong hall/phase connections.

You'd think that we'd be past people trying to take rides with controllers obviously wired wrong. The 6 combinations of phase wires must always be tried with ANY new controller. The halls only need to be touched if the "good" combo is reverse. 3595??? Do they really sell such a fast wind? I hope it in a wheel 20" or smaller.

You would think a self learning sensorless controller would not need to play the guessing game with it, I know the cheapo 48 volt sensorless controller did not act that way and had better take off and top speed :? than the 15 fet greentime, anyway enought about this deal, I sold it to edward and now done with sensorless I am installing hall sensors in the 3595. and yes harold they do make a 3595 it is a hpc motor I guess clyte custom makes them for hpc it is the black lighting motor.

Back