Greentime controllers

question:
on the previous posted wiring diagram from manual it shows pin 32 and 33, labelled Vref and Vss as part of the programming diagram for gb layout chip.
Vref is ground and Vss is 2.7 to 5v
would these need to be connected for programming to work?
wiring1.jpg

wiring2.jpg

any ideas why pins 32 and 33 are shown on the flash programming diagram? must have some relevance.......maybe not

whatever said:
any ideas why pins 32 and 33 are shown on the flash programming diagram? must have some relevance.......maybe not

prob if your programming the chip in an external programmer and not in circuit.
adam

Hey guys, I don't quite get why you're trying to reflash the whole uC' internal memory?
Is that the way to change the settings for these controllers? Where are you going to take the firmware to flash?
Maybe it would make sense to dig the chinese .NET program what he's trying to send/receive?

I was hoping the guys what worked on the file that was found in chinese to programme the infineon pchip would come aboard, alas not yet.
But I assume its going to be very similar as to how the chinese programme for infineon is used. I do remember there was quite a bit of trial and error
involved in working out programming the infineon but they got there eventually. I have almost zero knowledge on the workings
of chips, hoping some of those gurus will come aboard.

We need to work together to alert those that know how, to come on board and contribute to the cause of reverse engineering the software and translating the language. Anpaza was wholly unaware of the developments so far until I pm'd him about the thread. Do we have any Chinese speaking programmers on the forum who can be alerted to the thread? We need a volunteer to try to identify the communication protocols, and rewrite or recompile the code for english speaking users, in the same way that XPD was developed. Lots of members would be prepared to contribute but few have the expertise necessary (myself included). Perhaps we should begin a pledge list of all who would be prepared to contribute/donate to a successful hack. John in CR has already put his (substantial) cards on the table, if >1,000 forum members agree to contribute $2 each the lucky winner could pocket >$2,000!(I'm no programmer, but I can do maths) There are probably more members than this who currently use XPD and paid nothing for the privilege. Does Justin know about this effort to explore the interior of the Greentime controllers? Or any of the more famous members/contributors who don't appear to have posted? Even Leo at Greentime seems to have accepted that it is an inevitability that these controllers will eventually be programmable by the end user. All hands on deck! Call to arms etc. etc.

would be nice to have a working board and programmer from xcm directly... They make controllers and the software so it should not be impossible to get a working kit from them. If someone has this kit we could reverse engineer from it....atm i dont know where to start, seems like my 12fet board just won't work together with the software, still have to try the 6fet and 15fet though

I like ogris idea of a fund as incentive to solve this problem.
I'll certainly contribute.
I think its very unlikely wuxi ( xcm )would provide any assistance, unless you have a contact in china who purchases from them directly in reasonable volume orders. I have tried one contact who was involved with buying from wuxi directly from within china, but i've not heard back from him as yet. Unlikely he will get very far with it anyhow. If someone was in china and visited wuxi factory you may get some results. But with the information/programme that crossbreak has got from xcm website there is enough info to get something working, its basically the same info that was enough to get the xie cheng infineon programmable. But it take quite a long time from discovery of the program on the net before anyone was able to flash the chip, also there was quite a few people working on it, it was certainly a group effort. I'm still having issues getting the program to install on my computer.

what problems do you have whatever? Did you install notnet20 first? There is a manual how to install the software, for me it was quite straight forward. Maybe you run x64 system? The software only runs on x86 machines, that why i installed good old WinXP_SP3 first, then asian lagnuage support, the dotnetfx_20, the language pack I gave you, then the FTDI driver for the RS232 adapter and last but not least the flashsoftware (SetupReWrite)

issue at the moment is I have dotnet1.1, i put dotnet4 on ( not fresh install), it didnt' like it, so i'll remove all dotnet, and put dotnet2 on and see what happens,
i have xp sp3, not sure if i have x86 I'll read up on that, thanks heaps

may be worth a visit to wuxi factory, they might show you how the programming is done, and translate to english.
There maybe a bit of an issue, there is some discussion on the 79f9211 chip on chinese groups, seems some chinese trying to find
out how that chip is flashed. It was mentioned that the 79f* may not be able to be reflashed many times. Its not the same chip as on the
greentime boards but closest we have. Its all second hand knowledge so take with a pinch of salt.

We may be into some "borrowed"/ (almost off patent) technology, and acting like you don't understand /dumb is the smartest/ safest thing to do. Long as they keep it under wraps in the local/ different market, who will notice or have the ability to fight it before the clock runs out. If there it should be reasonably clear if they wish to share the programming or at least know why they will not. May be just language.

I recently received my 15 fet 4410 45amp controller. I am only getting about 36 amps peak from the battery. Is this something that can be easily adjusted?

my greentime 60amps i will get the max peak not seen above 45amps. most of the time i get only 42amps+ well i am ok and can live with that . i think my road i need both type power hi n low. you can modify the amps but some i have seen , controllers fail. since today i used greentime without modify , it works well.

michaelkramer11 said:
I recently received my 15 fet 4410 45amp controller. I am only getting about 36 amps peak from the battery. Is this something that can be easily adjusted?
Yes, you can beef up the shunts by applying a thin layer of solder on each until you reach 45 amps.

michaelkramer11 said:
Yes, you can beef up the shunts by applying a thin layer of solder on each until you reach 45 amps.
Like this: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44784&p=760875&hilit=+shunt+solder#p760875

I've read about the shunt mod before.

This whole "variable resistor mod" is new to me though. Is this really a viable option? Is it well documented anywhere?

At this time, you cant reprogram this controller. I think, the easyest modification you can do for now to increase the Amp is the shunt mod.
I did this mod on all my greentime controller. I have the 12fets and the 18 fets. Its the same thing on the 15 fets but with 4410 i do not recommend to go more than 45A.

michaelkramer11 said:

Hi Michael, I ordered a 24 fet controller some time ago from Greentime ( Leo ) and I thought it was low powered too, I asked for a tuned down controller, because it's tucked away without some air cooling so I asked Leo to tune it down from 80 to 60 amp for cooler running, it put out about 46 amp max, but then I bridged a 3 wire plug ( for 3 speed switch ) and now it does 58 amp....close enough for me, maybe your controller has something like this too and you have to try to bridge 2 out of the 3 wires of that plug, unfortunatly I can't remember the color of these 3 wires.

Anyway unbridged was about 75 % power, and bridged between 2 wires was either 50 or 100 %

Try it, maybe it works for your controller too without soldering the shunt or doing other mods.

Truusje79 said:
michaelkramer11 said:

Hi Michael, I ordered a 24 fet controller some time ago from Greentime ( Leo ) and I thought it was low powered too, I asked for a tuned down controller, because it's tucked away without some air cooling so I asked Leo to tune it down from 80 to 60 amp for cooler running, it put out about 46 amp max, but then I bridged a 3 wire plug ( for 3 speed switch ) and now it does 58 amp....close enough for me, maybe your controller has something like this too and you have to try to bridge 2 out of the 3 wires of that plug, unfortunatly I can't remember the color of these 3 wires.

Anyway unbridged was about 75 % power, and bridged between 2 wires was either 50 or 100 %

Try it, maybe it works for your controller too without soldering the shunt or doing other mods.

Thanks for the reply! I actually did some more research and hooked up a 3 speed switch the other day. I didn't get any extra current but it did help me achieve a higher top speed. If I lift the wheel up and go full throttle I can definitely hear the tire spin up faster each time I flip the switch, so I know its wired in there correctly, but it didn't help get a higher peak current. I guess I'll just live with it. Probably don't need the extra acceleration anyways, sure would be awesome thought :D

Back