Greentime controllers

do the sinewave controllers use the same X8M06-C?

6Fet BMSbattery KU63
file.php

E2 and E3 appear on the 12Fet BMSbattery KU123 as pins 36 and 37. Same for the 15Fet Greentime. 3speed switch is connected to K1 and K2

6Fet:
Pins 38 and 39 are signed as "RX" and "TX on the back of the PCB, but connected to 3-speed switch. The pins 36 and 37 are left NC here, there is no E2 or E3, only E5 (pin 35)

the 9Fet looks the same as the 12Fet

15-Fet Greentime and 12Fet:

Attachments

• 6-fet-X8M06.jpg
    6-fet-X8M06.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 2,014
  • 15-Fet-X8M06.jpg
    15-Fet-X8M06.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 3,912
Tried E5 E3 E2 pins with no success. RX LED blinks once when i hit connect button, that's all. Have no idea where to connect 5V pin. I'll try to use a battery instead.
I tired
E2->RX
E3->TX
E5->DTR
GND->throttle ground

Next i try P40 P41 and RST that are on johnjcbs 18Fet board. They have no labels on mine, but extra +5V and GND on the back, which lets me pray :D There is another connection to Pin#2 of the µC

Attachments

• first_test.jpg
    first_test.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 2,870
  • second_test_2.jpg
    second_test_2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 2,867
leo replied to my email, he asked which bits need translation, so either highlight the parts still need translating and post here, or send to me, or send direct to leo.
I wouldn't expect him to do the whole thing, thats a big ask, but any bits not sure of he's willing to assist.

just a note on eabs, it stands for electric assist braking system, it was used as a selling point in early moped style scooters in the chinese market, the term is generally recognised to mean regen braking back into the batteries, thats how it was first used by the chinese moped/scooter manufacturers, unfortunately for some reason Leo equates eabs to mean regen into motor windings, if you dont explicitely tell him you want regen back into the batteries he will send controllers programmed for regen into motor windings. I hadn't heard of controllers doing regen into the motor windings until the greentime controllers.

not sure on tx/rx but that pdf on the chip posted earlier might be right, note the xiecheng controller it made a difference if the on/off transfer button was put on the pos or neg wire to the usbttl
looks to me like the programming pins are located as in pic below , it uses cpu39 but not 38

programming.jpg

i'm trying to find pinout of the chip, I would wait till someone is sure which is rx/tx

doesnt work, what is pin 39 good for? Maybe connect it to CTS (Clear To Send???? ) pin, whatever it's good for? I think "DTR"= Data Terminal Ready, should be connected to RST on the µC. When I click "connect", the X8M06 is reset, i see this due the LED blinking on the controller PCB

BTW, The pin noumbers you wrote on my Picture are completely different fron the ones int the PDF, there they are labeled with 23, 24, 25, 27

Have to go now, have to continue on sunday, goobye and thx for the help

thank you crossbreak

It is a bit confusing
loks like that rx tx port can be used for different purpose as well. I try to found data sheet, contact several Chinese vendors..only what i got is questions-how many pieces you want..
best answer is next:
你好
X8M06-C
没有数据表

so far no data sheet :?
I am afraid only way is as blind chicken try combinations :roll:

I bought a 24 fets controller from Leo yesterday so I had a chat with him. He has absolutely no idea how to program it. I told him about the potential E4 and E5 pins.
Also, I think the 18 fets model is not from the same generation (maybe different chip).
I believe him when he says he doesn't know how to program. He would clearly benefit of the programming features (no tech to do the hardware mods) and he knows it. Keep trying guys we'll get it !

PeeHell said:
Also, I think the 18 fets model is not from the same generation (maybe different chip).
The one I have might be from a different generation,or vendor,but it is the same X8M06-C chip.

Attachments

• X8M06-C.JPG
    X8M06-C.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 2,816
whatever said:
just a note on eabs, it stands for electric assist braking system, it was used as a selling point in early moped style scooters in the chinese market, the term is generally recognised to mean regen braking back into the batteries, thats how it was first used by the chinese moped/scooter manufacturers, unfortunately for some reason Leo equates eabs to mean regen into motor windings, if you dont explicitely tell him you want regen back into the batteries he will send controllers programmed for regen into motor windings. I hadn't heard of controllers doing regen into the motor windings until the greentime controllers.
Do you mean "plug braking", i.e. shorting the motor windings?

Or do you mean "synchronous regen", where it pulses the phases during braking in a way to get better braking down to a near-stop?

Because the former doesn't send anything back to the batteries during braking, but the latter can (usually would be designed to; not a common method cuz it's more complicated).

Either way, both of those braking methods are more powerful braking than normal regen, and don't depend on the voltage of the battery for how much braking force is generated. Normal regen doesn't work as well at the start of a trip as it does near the end, assuming no recharging during the trip. (for some setups, it wont' work *at all* until the battery has been discharged a lot).

johnjcbs said:
PeeHell said:
The one I have might be from a different generation,or vendor,but it is the same X8M06-C chip.

P41`and P40 from that photo are rx tx or tx rx that should experiment.
:?: Now question if you measure between +5V and GND (as on photo) do you have this 5V or no?

to amberwolf: synchronous type back into batts is what eabs is understood to mean in the chinese market generally
to boostjuice: the diagram showing tx/rx, would be nice if its correct, but the empty programming header pins on the boards dont match up with those pins on that diagram, I've spent a few hours searching for datasheet, cant find one though lots of vendours in china selling the chip, all I could find was its an nec brand chip

to eugen: i've only seem usb-ttl type connectors used for programming, are you sure the usb you have is correct type?

crossbreak: you mentioned the holes marked tx/rx were connected to a three speed switch?
Its possible they just happened to use tx and rx to mean something to do with multiplying speed, looking at the circuit dia posted for the chip it seems he also had a controller with tx/rx marked on the same place. If your three speed switch worked I think you could rule out those pins as being for programming.
I made a mistake earlier I didn't realise pins 1 to 44 went anticlockwise, so my previous pic probably confusing.
It would be unfortunate if tx and rx on these boards were meant to represent speed selection pins. I still cant find datasheet for this chip. Looks like a tricky problem.
I just checked a 6fet board I have here and pin39 which is supposed to be tx on this board goes to a transistor, a bit more evidence to say that pin39 is not tx.

whatever said:
to amberwolf: synchronous type back into batts is what eabs is understood to mean in the chinese market generally
Well, I'm not aware of any of the typical ebike stuff that's labelled as "eabs" that is also actually synchronous, though most of them do regen back into the batteries.

If they *were* synchronous regen braking the braking would (well, could, based on design and programming) be more powerful braking, and keep that level down to near zero speed, vs regular regen, as I understand how each o them works.

Im almosr certain the three speed switch pins have nothing to do with programming. The pins on the back of the pcb fit the programmer like a fist on an eye. 5v supply and reset function works perfect with these. just have to figure out the other 3 pins... only 8 possible combinations, i'll try when i'm back home tomorrow

I wonder if Leo can order them with a programming harness wired and labeled. What do we need...+5, gnd, send, receive, ??? The tech guys who set them up may be unwilling to share the software but still do that harness for those who already have it. That would take the guesswork out of this phase, and we will want it anyway, since I for one what controllers I never need to open.

PS- only 6 combos of 3, so 25% less work. :mrgreen:

tried all..had no luck :x have no idea what to try next :? maybe BMSbattery controllers are locked and I should try a greentime

got these pics from a chinese forum, made an account here: http://bbs.mydigit.cn

maybe they help, on pic01 you can see the pins I tried. P40 P41 and so on

Attachments

• 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,239
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,239
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,239
i'll ask leo to ask his tech person, tell me what pins you need to know on the chip: tx/rx and what other ones?

Back