Grin technologies Phaserunner red light not turning on

trep420

1 µW
I thought I would share my experience here in case it helps somebody else

after a night of charging my bike outside, the next day I turned it on with a full battery and to my surprise the throttle would not engage the motor. I then noticed the red light on the phaserunner was not on, indicating it was not on.

the phaserunner was still delivering power to the cycle analyst, and I was able to see the throttle indicator moving up and down on the CA screen, but the motor would not turn. I also tried connecting the phase runner to my computer, but the phase runner suite would not detect it.

After searching on this form I came across @goatman thread about his phaserunner throwing a error code, and his solution was to put it in the oven overnight. As a last ditch effort I attempted the same thing, heating the oven up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit turning it off and setting the phase runner on the rack and leaving it there for a few hours. This actually fixed the problem, it looks like a small amount of water got into the controller and shorted out the 5 Volt system, but I'm not sure.

Hopefully this can help someone else out, attempt this at your own risk!

Back