haibike power curve modification

ffb_boy_30

1 µW
Hi,
I would like to change the power curve of my bike , it is too linear.
I don't care the battery life , I use my bike 15 minutes max.
Is it possible to change the curves in the firmware ?
Is there another solution with another power driver to do the job ?
I use my bike to make some freestyle show so I want to remove all the limitations to have max power all the time.
Thanks

Hi,
I've send a mail to ebiketuning, they have only box to remove speed limit.
I need to keep my haibike , but I think I will change the driver.

The Yamaha system is pretty locked down so I doubt you will find any way to change the software settings. There was a picture of the controller board but only one side. There should be some kind of current sensing resistors somewhere you could try messing with to increase the current. Keep in mind if you increase it too much, something is likely to break.

Yes, and big company systems like that are just that...a system, and built for manufacturing efficiency, so every wire and every connector is built just as big as it needs to be. If you up the power thru the software, then maybe your main battery connector melts a little. Then you beef that up, and then something inside the battery melts. Or strips the clutch in the motor, etc.

Then it's really busted, you can't use it and it's hard to sell. Maybe sell it while it's working to get a more powerful one?

Don't take it like wanting more power delivery is a bad thing btw. It's just there's a whole chain of stuff that goes along with supplying it.

Yes you're right, I will look for a solution to change the drive with an open source VESC.
An maybe the motor too.

Thanks

Back