• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Hanebrink / All-Terrain eBike

There's a nice cruiser for the sandy washes in my neighborhood.

Hey guys, Huckersteve here, from the Pac NW. All you Cali guys have a unique opportunity to see the Hanebrink's in person, if you live anywhere near striking distance of LA, where Kane Fortune lives and is running the effort to bring the Hanebrink All Terrain to the "masses". I first saw the bike a few months back and was very excited about it. I was able to meet Kane in Portland a couple weeks ago and see them in person, and even went for a ride. I can tell you, the dual range 14 speed transmission setup is pretty awesome. It gives you so much more ability to extract performance from the available power of the motor over a single speed, it's amazing.

I'm a former bicycle industry guy myself, and have always loved E-Bikes but hated the nerdy image of most of the products I've seen offered up to this point. The Hanebrink is an American designed and built bike, and very unique in it's stance and intended purpose- that being off road and even off trail adventuring in a low to no impact kind of fashion.

Based on my experience with regular bikes, I believe that though the Hanebrink will never be a cheap bike, we can expect that at some point the entry level price point for the bike will come down a bit. From what I gathered from our conversations, Dan is already working on this in the form of a basic model with a slightly different front fork and brakes, both of which impact price rather seriously right now. These guys really impressed me with their enthusiasm for the bike and it's future. Dan, as some of you may know, is something of a legend in the MTB world. Not only for changing the sport of mountain biking by bringing the first true dual crown, inverted fork with real directional stiffness to the game, but as a fierce elite level competitor himself for many years, both in cross country and downhill racing, as well as gravity BMX racing, where he set records for speed, some of which I believe still stand.

Here's a cool article from Kneeslider talking about how long Dan has been thinking way outside the box..

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2006/09/29/monotrack-experimental-by-dan-hanebrink/

I hope to get my hands on a Hanebrink of my own soon, and will be sure to post pics when I get it!

Hi guys,

i bumped on this website and found this thread in ES, a bit dusty.

As anyone got more info finally on this bike ? Any reviews ? I'm looking for a silent electric vehicle for the snow and this one seems interesting, although pricey.

I would appreciate any reviews, or info like, which hub and controller are they using, where to buy,
here http://www.fortunehanebrink.com/specs/sales2/
or here: http://www.hightekbikes.com/hanebrink-electric-bike.html

thanks for the info

Etard actually rode one around at an event in Willow springs California. (i think he broke the rear axel power shifting the bike around :oops: ) but he had good things to say about it while it was working....(etard is a notorious bike abuser! the guy needs help)

maybe he'll pipe in here & add some perspective....this is an etard call-out.

mmm... temptation...

question:
What kind of motor would be best to install on this bike ? I saw some pictures on their facebook page with a Crystalyte HS/HT installed, so the diameter fits.

It can accommodate 14 speed, 2 on the axle and 7 at the back. The way it is installed between those 2 brackets should give enough space for monsters like this hot new motor from Greyborg in Croatia, provided the diameter fits.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33831

i won't need so much speed, it's to ride on the snow, so 30 km/h would be enough, but i will need a lot of torque and i need range too.

Should i go for a Ht or HS ? or the monster one if it fits ?

thanks for the guidance,

Back