Has anyone tried the various pedal kits for Talaria and Sur-ron?

Are they good, bad or just serviceable? Q factor acceptable? Crank length and gearing appropriate?

(Please let's not turn this thread into one of whether these type of bikes should be ridden with pegs and motorcycle saddle vs. Pedals and bicycle seat/bicycle seatpost.)

Here is one kit I found for the Talaria Sting R MX4 (Notice the bike seat and bike seatpost replacing the motorcycle saddle which is very important if proper pedaling is to be done).

Feel free to compare Qulbix Q140MD as well. Are the kits for the Talaria and Sur-ron an improvement, the same or worse?

1715211227035.png

1715211259957.png

Last edited:
Less likely for the cops to get involved if you have pedals, though.

The joy of a motorbike is in the turns, if you ask me. Why would you want to worry about where you set your cranks, and it won't pedal worth a sh*t anyway. Just stupid in my opinion.

The joy of a motorbike is in the turns, if you ask me. Why would you want to worry about where you set your cranks, and it won't pedal worth a sh*t anyway. Just stupid in my opinion.
Indeed. One advantage of a motorbike is the lower center of gravity. We all know a lower center of gravity makes for a more stable two wheeled vehicle. No argument from me there.

However, let's say that adding pedals doesn't disturb the advantage given by that lower center of gravity at the lower intended vehicle speed imagined by the end user. For example, this could be done by using very short cranks. Research has shown cranks much shorter than 170mm being capable of making the same power as cranks 170mm or longer.

In cases of riding at slower speeds on less demanding terrain the advantage of added human power input should help to some degree to maximize battery life. Furthermore, at the lower lean angles used at lower speeds there is less worry about where to set the cranks (to avoid pedal strikes).

Last edited:
I guess it's where you place the demarcation between motorcycle and bicycle.

I like to pedal, but need something extra because of old knees. Though, I do like to be able to throttle up to 30mph+ when needed.
As for a motorcycle, it's like flying on pavement (but that's a road bike). Pedals are just stupid. It's nice to have your feet tucked up underneath, in line on the same plane.

At mild motorcycle speed pedaling can actually (ironically) drain the battery faster than if one did not pedal. This because pedaling at 90 rpm adds drag compared to not pedaling. Therefore if a person's pedal power input is less than the extra watts requirement created by the added aerodynamic drag the battery actually drains faster.

So yeah, motorcycles are designed not to have pedals and are more efficient without them.

Last edited:
Back