• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

help bypass or modify overvoltage protection

MasonSteele

100 µW
I blew a cap on my 60volt controller so figured I would upgrade. Replaced caps with 1000uf 100v but I cannot find the overvoltage protection. Bike doesnt get juice to the wheel at anything over 70v or so.
I thought it was the blue resistors, but when I add another it doesnt seem to get to where I want. Added 1k 1watt and I still get five red blinks and overvoltage protection turning on.
I don't know the make of the controller bit it's a 60volt 40a sensored Bldc. Pics included- does anyone recognize this.?

Attachments

• 1416603893662.jpg
    1416603893662.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 416
that is strange because a 60V battery is 20S lifepo4 and that charges to 73V DC. so it may not be a 60V controller.

the LVC resistor divider bridge is down along the edge between the input voltage and ground and will have one trace going back to the microprocessor.

Thanks!
Looks harder than I thought. I cant get the high rez pics to load from my phone but will try from pc later. Is this something that would be easier to do with software, or is it possible to bypass wuth drain brain? (I have 1.0 from your waaaaay back.)

What fets does it have? I can't make out any numbers on them. Standard 60V controller for SLA would have a max charge of <70V and there are a lot of 70-75V rated fets. If it doesn't have 100V rated fets, there's really no point in trying to get it to a higher voltage since you'll likely just blow the controller anyway. You can buy 72V 1500W controllers for ~$50 customized any way you want. That might be a be option if the fets aren't rated for 100V.

One of the voltage divider resisters is next to the mauve wire. I think the other one is at right angles to it, but I can't tell without a high resolution photo. It looks like there's two spare pads to fix another resistor to change the voltage, so it could be a very simple modification.

Back