• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Help Enduro Frame Forks Loose? EEB Rings

Suspekt1

1 mW
Hi guys so im putting my Enduro Frame together with DNM forks.. I put it together with the ring I thought was right (Youtube) but it seemed loose?
when pushing or pulling the bike around the fork had a bumping sort of movement that I know shouldn't be there so im hoping another EEb frame owner knows which ring to use..
Ive attached photos originally I used Ring 3 with side A facing up on the bottom and Ring 4 with side A facing down on top.. is this right? can someone help please..
I just had 4 stitches in my hand this week also so im trying my best but losing my patience quick :cry:

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 489
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 489
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 947
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 947
Ok I've just built another one. ..... 1st 3a as per pic an the bottom. on the top put 2a or 2b (this should fit snugly underneath 4b) Next fit 1b as per pic (slide partly into the bearing) lastly slide on 4b. Make sure bottom and top are seated into the bearing and tighten it all up. easier job with 1.5 people

Jonno

This link may help you.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80545&p=1187443&hilit=mybike#p1187443

My black rings don’t have any cut in them like yours do. Where you get your frame from?
My problem was I was not getting any compression to tighten it all up (my fault) since then I have brought a new DH fork.
Make sure you put the black ring flush on the fork and the dome part up wards in to the frame, your picture shows that, yours is in the wrong way round.

Thanks Guys.. Jonno You are on the money with the ring setup. I had missed Ring 1&2 on the top completely and just had way too much Play..
Since Re-Installed it all the way you said and its much tighter. still a little tiny bit of play but I checked two other bikes I have and theyre the same.
I don't notice that when riding them.. so Ill say this is normal and be happy its closer to being complete.. :D
jonno said:
easier job with 1.5 people
My setup with a bike stand and a small gas bottle holding up the frame from the bottom although Primitive make working on it with all 0.75 (Hand with stitches) of me surprisingly easy :lol:

mybike said:
My black rings don’t have any cut in them like yours do. Where you get your frame from?
I got my Frame and almost everything else from EM3EV. they seemed the most Reputable source closer to my side of the world :p
Just waiting on the battery from them to get here.

Mybike I read your Link and it did help confirm my end result was good and after a ride to seat everything properly Ill readjust and hopefully things will be 110%

Lastly the ring with a bolt and flange wings on two disks I used a hammer to smash that into the top into the stem.. this was right?.. right... otherwise it aint coming back out I don't think haha

Yes that’s right if it’s the star nut your talking about, once in you cannot get it out without destroying it (drilling it out easiest maybe), make sure its straight not to far down. There are youtube videos on installing the star nut in the fork without the proper tool this worked for me.

EM3EV definitely a Reputable source, that’s where I got my frame from. :D +1

By the way when you put your battery in the frame make sure you strap it down tight so it don’t move around in the frame or if you come off your bike you don’t damage anything because its not secure.

Yeah ide say its the star nut so that's all good..
EM3EV have been great im very happy..
mybike said:
By the way when you put your battery in the frame make sure you strap it down tight so it don’t move around in the frame or if you come off your bike you don’t damage anything because its not secure.
Ok I will do im hoping to fit the cycle satiator I got in there also so it will have to be strapped down probably ill make some strapping that attaches to the rail in the middle of the bottom frame rails..
Thanks for the tip

So I thought I had it right but got an Email from EM3EV and they sent me these directions so I changed it and did it this way.. and its solid as a rock. NO Play at all...
Figured ide update and post them for anyone else wanting to know in the future.. Hopefully its big enough.. the pictures say enough Really

Attachments

• forks.png
    forks.png
    138 KB · Views: 837
Back