• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Help with controller

Hi all.

I have aquired some parts from a Quickie wheelchair which has 2 - 24v motors and a controller. I want to use the motors and controller to power a small platform truck to move heavy items with.

Unfortunatly the joystick box for the controller was totally destroyed and I just have the motors, cables and controller. The controller is marked QTRONIX and the plate says SUNRISE part number 910215. It has three power connectors, one is the 24v center input from batteries and the two outputs to each motor.

It also has two small control input plugs on each side with 2 female round holes.

The joystick box had a bunch of electronics, which also had the charge controller in it.

Does anyone have an idea what the control inputs are on this type of wheelchair motor controller.

Thanks

Roy

Based on the little experience I have with this stuff, they're usuall simple pot throttles. For the joysticks there are (like computer joysticks) often two of them perpendicular to each other, one X and one Y, if it is a 360-rotating joystick.

It's possible that the electronics in the joystick box are solely for the charge controller and power level display, and not for the throttles. However, if they are using PCM or PWM or something (like RC stuff) then they might have an encoded throttle + direction signal to the motor controller.

Can you post pics of the pieces, including whatever is left of the joystick box?

Back