Here come the clones..

So there is a video out there of him chasing the Falcon on an E-GO. Now it could be just fancy camera work but it did appear that the falcon was cruising alone pretty quick. Faster than 23k/h. I guess im being optimistic due to me buying a couple of these off ebay for a good price. Well we shall see. He has emailed me and said that shipping should start today through the 10th. I guess time will tell.

Just found this on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Advanced-Wireless-Electric-Skate-Board-1200W-Speed-Up-To-21MPH-Only-13lbs-/331513834383?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2fc3ab8f

PS: Still have not received mine.

Yeah, if you havent received an item from Ebay and its been more than 60 days probably a scam...

sk8norcal said:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/streetsmart/streetsmart-eco-electric-skateboard-new-age-transp
https://www.facebook.com/StreetSmartOz

Wanted to test that board and ordered one back in Oct 14 directly from the Chinese manufacturer, it never arrived and I had to open a paypal case. Got a refund though. But hey, maybe the guy opening a kickstarter campaign might be luckier and might receive some.

On the other hand he is sort of realistic:
We don't foresee too many risks but there may be a few challenges, such as:
[...]
-Inability to keep up with high demand
-Other innovators beating us to the market place

Street Smart International - These guys are what us aussies refer to as entrepreneurial bogans, AKA klever kunts.

Seems like they are buying, bumping up the price, and selling. My only question is how did they manage to get hold of one in the first place? Don't tell me one actually shipped from ebay!

GOOD ON YA AUSSIES FOR HAVIN A DIG!..... But this is sadly underwhelming for me.... the campaign is very weak. It wreaks of a rush job, a feabile attampt to grab some cash. The effort required to make this campaign exist would be countable in hours....

overall the message they are conveying is confusing, mostly unbelievable and just a bit half ass'd ... but maybe that's just because of my unique insight into this emerging industry of electric skateboards.....I know their strategy, i know the supplier they use..... in fact I've considered doing the exact same thing myself.... but i didn't Want to go down that path.

The fact of the matter is DIY is still a superior option.. With developments like VESC. Hub motors. Custom batteries..... not to mention when we have a custom remote that has excellent asthetic design at a good price .

The thing is if your not working with the community trying to develop the best stuff, the best tech!.... the stuff that people want you just come across as a "snake oil salesman"

My 2 cents.

The KickStarter Campaign just got suspended.

Hey guys,

Also waiting for a board ordered 9 weeks ago from electricskateshop.com... Billy says shipment with new switch is due in 2 - 3 weeks. No idea what happened to the last shipment due over a month ago... Anyone else a bit disheartened by all the scammer warnings on their Ebay store!?!? has anyone here attempted to get a refund yet?

Registered just to post this. I Ordered a "street devil" end on January. Canceled my order through ebay/paypal in May when Billy (who had responded promptly) never seemed to make a date. Board always seemed to be 2-3 weeks away.... for over three months. Just an FYI for all you guys.

Boards not due to be received by Electric Skate Shop until late next week now, and this is only a "small" air shipment. The rest not due for 2 - 3 weeks... I will be asking for a refund if if my board is not sent out from the air shipment. Anyone else still waiting?

Thanks for keeping us updated on this Ross. I didn't buy one fortunately, but as far as I know nobody has got one. If it wasn't for the kickstarter guys posted above, I would be doubtful they ever left the extremely limited production line's photography studio...

sk8norcal said:
melonboard

indiegogo is becoming a place for reselling Chinese products...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/melonboard-electric-skateboard#/story

I'm wondering if anyone has learned anything about chinese boards/kickstarter projects in the last few months? :shock: Build your own boards people!!!

psychotiller said:
I'm wondering if anyone has learned anything about chinese boards/kickstarter projects in the last few months? :shock: Build your own boards people!!!

How about the Stary?
at $400k right now...

The reality is most people are not interested in building their own.
they want a turnkey with a warranty.

DIY is a very small niche.

Back