here is some info on 20v yardworks lithium ion

nutsandvolts said:
Is there anyone in the Toronto area that might want to try opening my pack to take a look?

There are four phillips screws on the bottom!

OMG.. too funny! I guess I should have tried looking at the pack before asking for help. I was about to send it to TD in the states to open.

Thanks very much for this report !!!!! It's very interesting indeed.

This just may be just the battery I upgrade to from my tiring 36v's worth of sla.For the price of $320 + taxes and a Canadian Tire store just around the corner I'll definately be following this thread for further testing results.

Thanks...
Eric

nutsandvolts said:
Too wet today to test ride.

Oh my gawd man! That was like the definition of anti-climactic! Haha! :D I was so expecting to hear the ride results and how awesome the potential of these batts are and then... POW... "too wet to ride". :lol:

Keep it coming when the weather gets better! :wink: :p

pwbset said:
nutsandvolts said:
Too wet today to test ride.

Oh my gawd man! That was like the definition of anti-climactic! Haha! :D I was so expecting to hear the ride results and how awesome the potential of these batts are and then... POW... "too wet to ride". :lol:

Keep it coming when the weather gets better! :wink: :p

Double That !!!!

I'm hearing you on the weather N&V we've been really getting hammered with thunderboomers here all day and even under a tornado watch (south shore of Lake Ontario)...

I'm really hoping your testing works positively on these Yard Works Batteries cause it'll be nice having a source of them just around the corner,one could even save a few more dollars with the Canadian Tire money :D

Eric

nutsandvolts said:
End Voltage: 33.2V
Watt Hours: 183.35

Would you say you pretty much maxed out your range on your test ride? Did the pack BMS trip LVC?

Thanks and keep it coming! :D

nutsandvolts said:
Wondering if the amp limit actually worked since it shows max amps 30.55,
or maybe this is burst before the limiter kicks in? Set to 20A limit I see no
benefit so far.

Sweet info, thanks for sharing!

Amp bursts. I've hit 41.47A burst on my 20A controller so far. Seems like normal behavior. Try to not "floor it" from stand still or slow speed during a ride once and you'll see the Amax be a lot lower on the CA. If you set the CA to like 3-5A for testing you'll see how it behaves during limiting much better. Sustained 20A use would be rare on flats as the motor gets more efficient at speed... unless you're going really fast like 30+mph. :)

Same with speed limit. Set it to 10mph and gun it and you'll see you go way faster than 10mph before the CA will cycle you back down below 10, then above again a bit less, back down below.. etc. etc. until it settles on 10mph for good.

Will I reduce my battery life by using 2 or 3 lower capacity packs versus one higher capacity pack?
When you use a higher capacity pack, each sub-pack shares the load, reducing the DoD on each. (depth of discharge)

Greater DoD reduces cycle life, so it's better to use all the sub-packs at the same time (shallower DoD).

Similarly, drawing less current from each reduces cell heating, prolonging cell-life.

nutsandvolts said:
I figure I can attain a range of 48km with six yardworks batteries (three 2s packs) running at 37V or 32km running at 55.5V (top speed goes up to close to 50kph and average 32kph).

I'll be curious to see how close to 6ah each pack actually provides. I haven't seen any stats from your rides yet above 260ish watt hrs. Looks like each pack could be good for around 120wh max (20v*6ah). Based on the rides you've posted so far looks like you're hitting 80-90ish watt hrs so far. Sometime if you can ride all out until the battery LVCs cut in and report what the Cycle Analyst reports for amp hours used. For reference my theoretical 6ah Milwaukee battery pack actually delivers 5.2 useable amp hours, which is just enough for my daily 24km round trip... barely.

wow alot of great info (i haven't even picked some up yet)
is the overall concensus that these are pretty good bats?
bms seems upto the task
i've been busy lately...bad crank bearings,bad rear wheel bearings
(i think there just cheap ones) stress cracks on my sla mounts...ect
but i am loving all the info coming back
also a thanks to the tech from yardworks for sharing the orig info
thx wasp

I think the Yardworks Batts will win hands down,the savings on weight alone.If your not pedaling the sla will sag to high heaven.

If the Yardworks batteries were sagging very much under load they are being stressed and a higher ah would be better that's why I asked.Too bad they don't mention the 6 ah batt on the site you linked to earlier in this post.

Their e bike 10ah is only good for 2c discharge.Their Hi Capacity 7.5 cells look really good though.It'd be great to know that the 6ah yardworks batteries were the Hi capacity ones.

I'm still considering getting 2 of these when I get build #2 done 6 ah is good enough for me as I have short range.

Thanks for the testing you've been doing on these.
Eric

Looks like the packs have a one year warranty.

I wonder if you could get an extended one. :wink:

Back