Hmm.. Thunderskyd/Ningbo 60V charger hacking?

tdneVmoDK

100 W
Four months ago the charger got a problem with the electronics that controls the 12V fan, so I disassembled it and tried a couple of things without any luck. At the end I just shorted it out, so the fan always runs when the power is on :( Not optimal but it works.

Anyways, I found some jumpers. What are they for? See the red circle on the pictures. Are those volt/amp settings? :D

It is this model:
2.jpg

If any of you have any ideas on how to fix the FAN circuit, you are welcome. The problem is that the optocoupler does not receive the correct voltage. It is the four legged IC. So when i put a little voltage, or just touch the input of the optocoupler, the fan starts. But now I have just shorted the output because I couldn't find the error. The problem is probably corrosion, but on which component? ;)

sEdmmO2.jpg

PIflBO7.jpg

D5Eyxag.jpg

what are the resistor values of the big power resistors in the center? if there is one around 5ohms that will be current sense feedback resistor on the source leg of the mosfet.

those jumper wires may replace the output latching controller that shuts off the charger when it reaches final voltage.

the reason the fan doesn't run is because the charging controller is not commanding the opto to send a signal through the transistor portion. it will turn on the fan when the charging current is high enuff or it detects high temps inside the case.

It will turn on when it starts charging/when the current goes high.

Why do you thint that it would be the culprit?

dnmun said:
there is nothing wrong. it is normal for the fan to turn on with high current during the charging phase and then turns off when it shifts to CV.

Read it all again ;)

The "Jumper Pins" in the photo are a programming port. This charger is controlled by a microprocessor and the voltage and current are set by connecting this port to the factory calibration program. These chargers are hard to fix because there are no schematics of it.

that looks like what they are. i first thought they were jumpers that went back into the pcb there on the end but it is a programming plug like he said.

that charger is so curious. it has those clamps on the transformer and the capacitors. never seen anything like it. but i have now done something similar to a charger by tieing the transformer down with a zip tie to prevent it from tearing the traces if it is dropped and also to hold a thermal switch on top of the transformer to shut off the charging if the transformer overheats.

that big IC with the 50 and chinese letters is totally different from other IC current controllers i have seen too. 26 pins, and it looks like they had to add a resistor down along the edge to get the output voltage to a different range. maybe they do that so they can use one design and hack it to different voltages. maybe.

gartmu said:
The "Jumper Pins" in the photo are a programming port. This charger is controlled by a microprocessor and the voltage and current are set by connecting this port to the factory calibration program. These chargers are hard to fix because there are no schematics of it.

I'm trying to get schematics, but you, mayb impossible to fix.

Could be nice if i could reprogram the microprocessor though :D Is it just rs232? You think i need a driver?

Back