"Hold Onto Your Butts!" 0-30mph Acceleration Test

xyster

10 MW
So with a ~10 second 0-30mph time, it's no Lowell-mobile. But this is a 2 second improvement over the same power in a 24" wheel. :D
Thanks to knightmb for hosting these videos! :D

Embedded Flash (if it doesn't work, try either the quicktime or windows media versions linked below):

<embed src="http://endless-sphere.com/forums/files/0_30_acc_test_141.swf" loop="false" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="800" height="600" name="0-30_acc_test" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

<a href="http://endless-sphere.com/forums/files/0_30_acc_test_141.mov" target="_blank">Click for quicktime version.</a>

<a href="http://endless-sphere.com/forums/files/0_30_acc_test_141.wmv" target="_blank">Click for windoze media version.</a>

Attachments

• acceleration.jpg
    acceleration.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,129
Ypedal said:
Can you post that on youtube or google video, i seem to be having problems with my Flash plugin or something else is not co-operating ... youtube always works ! hehe..

And have my originally DVD-rez video butchered into even bigger blocks in the process? I think not!

Try <a href="http://home.comcast.net/~xysterxxavier/0-30_acc_test.wmv">this version</a> and let me know how it works. I usually don't have the opportunity to transcode into WMV.

I wear it around my neck with the included strap. :)
Have to figure out some way to keep the camera pointed in parallel with the bike's horizontal axis during hill climbs. Perhaps a second chest strap would work....

Ypedal said:
Can you post that on youtube or google video, i seem to be having problems with my Flash plugin or something else is not co-operating ... youtube always works ! hehe..

Actually, the size/frame rate is too high for the flash movie. When I run it, it skips around at 100% CPU

Might try a little quality reduction to help speed things up ;)

knightmb said:
Ypedal said:

Actually, the size/frame rate is too high for the flash movie. When I run it, it skips around at 100% CPU

Ah! Thanks for catching that, knightmb. It runs smoothly on my dual-intel imac, so I didn't notice. The movie is 640x480, but zoomed to 800x600. So next time I'll try lowering the frame rate and/or quality, or using the Sorenson codec.
I really don't like either of the codecs available with Flash. Sorenson Spark is horrible quality for the bit rate, and On2VP6 is too processor-intensive, both for encoding and decoding. This vid is On2VP6, and apparently is choking slower computers. The open-source h.264 codec is much better, but of course most of the common, proprietary video software packages don't support it.

xyster said:
knightmb said:
Ypedal said:

Ah! Thanks for catching that, knightmb. It runs smoothly on my dual-intel imac, so I didn't notice. The movie is 640x480, but zoomed to 800x600. So next time I'll try lowering the frame rate and/or quality, or using the Sorenson codec.
I really don't like either of the codecs available with Flash. Sorenson Spark is horrible quality for the bit rate, and On2VP6 is too processor-intensive, both for encoding and decoding. This vid is On2VP6, and apparently is choking slower computers. The open-source h.264 codec is much better, but of course most of the common, proprietary video software packages don't support it.

Is this one bigger than the other recent one where you did the ride through the woods? The other video with the ride through the woods plays just fine on mine, it's only this one that skips and it looks about the same size.

knightmb said:
Is this one bigger than the other recent one where you did the ride through the woods? The other video with the ride through the woods plays just fine on mine, it's only this one that skips and it looks about the same size.

Yes, higher bit rate. This one is 1,200kbs, the other is 800kbs. Crummy, processor-intensive flash/On2VP6 codec. The wmv I posted for Ypedal is 1600kbs and he says that works just fine.

Flash video accessory files. No reason to click or download....

Quicktime version attachment. No reason to click. Sorry for the mess. Won't happen again. :wink:

Windoze media version attachment. No reason to click. Sorry for the mess. Won't happen again. :wink:

Back