How do I destructively remove a freewheel Finished

Yo Biatches! Da mans got skillz! Freewheel remover showed up today from Ebikekit and it worked like a champ. The old freewheel 1st gear was quite worn. No surprise there. I tempted fate and installed the 11-32 that I had hanging around and it fit with 1mm to spare for the chain. Good enough. Adjusted the derailleur and Wowzer! Worked like a charm. I'm not sure how often I will need and 11 tooth gear since we don't ride that fast. but it is a new freewheel and it works. Saga concluded.
otherDoc

Glad it worked out for you. To add to a dying conversation, last year I went to a local metal shop and had them drill out the center of my freewheel tool so it would fit over my axles. Cost $15, more than the tool itself cost, but it works now. I've also angle-ground off a single speed freewheel before, that works too if you're careful.

I actually have a die-grinder which would have worked great to open up the hole. Too bad I couldn't find the old freewheel removers. Too much stuff in 69 years of hoarding. At this point in my life, if I can't find something in 10-15 minutes, I get another one. Then, of course, I find 2 old ones.

otherDoc

Back