• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

How Fast is your ebike?

I'd get thrown under the jail if I brought my ebikes to the Netherlands. That includes the bak fiet I'm starting to build.

36 MPH
Measured on Garmin GPS as well as local radar sign.
X5304 on a 20inch wheel at 80volts

Built mine for the best 0-15mph time with reliability of direct drive.

I rareley go that fast. I have broken enough bones (collarbone skiing, Foot skateboarding, collarbone BMX, cracked ribs motorcrossing) to respect speed. Anything over 20mph your taking a serious risk of engaging in a PERMANATE life changing phisical damage to the bod. Don't get me wrong, I am all about pushing the performance envelope, but you gota RRR eee sss ppp eee ccc ttt speed. Lets keep striving to build em faster lighter and better but lets not loose respect for these machines in our quest for performance.

Microbatman said:
36 MPH
Measured on Garmin GPS as well as local radar sign.
X5304 on a 20inch wheel at 80volts

Built mine for the best 0-15mph time with reliability of direct drive.

I rareley go that fast. I have broken enough bones (collarbone skiing, Foot skateboarding, collarbone BMX, cracked ribs motorcrossing) to respect speed. Anything over 20mph your taking a serious risk of engaging in a PERMANATE life changing phisical damage to the bod. Don't get me wrong, I am all about pushing the performance envelope, but you gota RRR eee sss ppp eee ccc ttt speed. Lets keep striving to build em faster lighter and better but lets not loose respect for these machines in our quest for performance.

So what are your 0-15mph and 0-30mph times. Nothing beats great acceleration. Wish I had it. Actually can't wait till I do. :D

Yes, speed without a long wheelbase and low position is dangerous, so much over 30mph requires a special built bike. I used to be terrified at 30mph on a normal upright bike with cars still flying my me. Now that I'm lower, longer, and cars rarely pass, I feel 200% safer at least...probably more like 1000%.

John in CR said:
I'd get thrown under the jail if I brought my ebikes to the Netherlands. That includes the bak fiet I'm starting to build.

Wouldn't be so bad John 3 square meals a day and 4 joints per inmate :mrgreen:

KiM

AussieJester said:
John in CR said:

Wouldn't be so bad John 3 square meals a day and 4 joints per inmate :mrgreen:

KiM

While I'm sure the time would be better than here in Costa Rica, any day behind bars has to be worse than the worst day of freedom. I have no intention of finding out the truth regarding either.

Can anyone tell me if this is what I should expect .

Running Bafang 250w in 26inch wheel
Controller 12fet Current Limit: 15~23A(±0.5A)
I am quite heavy approx 15st 95kg

The speed I am getting is about 13mph on the flat slight inclines
11mph steep hill with assistance

sorry didnt finish before pressing the button .

Motor starts making a whining noise when climbing hills but other that that very quite . I am pleased but can I get more speed out of this set up the battery is a P04 36v 20ah ?

John in CR said:
While I'm sure the time would be better than here in Costa Rica, any day behind bars has to be worse than the worst day of freedom. I have no intention of finding out the truth regarding either.

True that John, thankfully haven't spent more than a few hours locked up myself and don't intend to do that
again even...curse the laws to stop you from having 'fun' in cars on public roads LoL

eugene said:
I am pleased but can I get more speed out of this set up the battery is a P04 36v 20ah ?

Doubt it, not with a 250watt motor and your 'ample' weight buddy...i would look at gettiing a larger motor if you want more speed, i doubt upping it too 48v (for more top end speed) will do the motor any good for long...

KiM

My 600BMC H.S. goes 37mph with a 48T. front ring gear and #11T. rear.The controller a crstalye 40amp. 36-72v would like to know if it is an anolog or did. ? Is there a easy way to tell ? The battery is a ping 48v20ah the BMS was a 40amp. But was cutting out so I put solder on the shunts to rise the amps. Pings sugestion also had to solder the neg. wire completly it was only halfway on. Could this be the problem my battery had blown 4 cells ? It was on the far other end of the battery the pos. end with the red wire that had blown ? Need an answer please. I'm waiting for a 60amp. bms from Pings sugestion, I think this will wake my battery maybe to much ? I think a bmc 30amp. controller may be better ? I will let you know if new 60amp. BMS is faster. Waiting on the china express. Ping has been a very Good Man. Lets GO NOW!

eugene said:
Can anyone tell me if this is what I should expect .

Running Bafang 250w in 26inch wheel
Controller 12fet Current Limit: 15~23A(±0.5A)
I am quite heavy approx 15st 95kg

The speed I am getting is about 13mph on the flat slight inclines
11mph steep hill with assistance

I think you can feed Bafangs 48V and 30A and they'll be alright. At least thats what I've seen posted around here, 72V 30A even. Might want to give it a metal gear as well as a new controller and battery though.

Back