How to connect my ezip motor with just a red and black wire, coming out of it to my ring power controller

Philip Lear

1 µW
I have a brain power motor controller that I’m looking to connect to my motor. I only have a red and black wire coming out of my motor. How are you? Do I connected to the motor wires on the controller? Also, could I have the restroom the wiring schematics for the PAS assist and also the throttle? Thank you very much.

Looking to connect my Ezip motor a red and black wire coming out of it to my brain power controller where the blue green and yellow wire coming out of the controller. Also for connecting the pedal assist and throttle through my brain, power controller.

Looking to connect my Ezip motor a red and black wire coming out of it to my brain power controller where the blue green and yellow wire coming out of the controller. Also for connecting the pedal assist and throttle through my brain, power controller.
You need a brushed controller, not brushless.

PS. You may wish to delete the duplicate post that you started under the Forum Rules and Features subforum.

Last edited:
I have a brain power motor controller that I’m looking to connect to my motor. I only have a red and black wire coming out of my motor. How are you? Do I connected to the motor wires on the controller? Also, could I have the restroom the wiring schematics for the PAS assist and also the throttle? Thank you very much.

If you only have a red and black wire, you have a brushed motor and will require a brushed controller. To choose the correct one, we'll need to know what your original controller was, including what features it had and what battery you have now. As much detail as possible, with good clear well-lit pictures of labels, etc.

I don't know what a restroom has to do with any of what you need, so we can't help you there.

The schematics or wiring diagram for the controller will have to come from the manufacturer or seller of the controller, but it's irrelevant for the Brainpower controller as it won't work with your motor and can't be used on your bike unless you replace that motor with a compatible brushless one. If you need to do that it will be much simpler and cheaper if you purchase a kit that includes everything you need, such as the cheap ones from Voilamart on Ebay or Amazon, etc. They're not the greatest but most people don't have trouble with them and they should be more or less plug-and-play in most cases.

If you need schematics or wiring diagrams for a PAS or throttle that were already on the bike, you may find these in one of the many Ezip / Currie threads posted here on ES over the years, but it is likely you'll have to determine those experimentally. But if you get a kit you won't need the ones on the bike, you replace them with the new ones that come with it, so this doesn't matter.

Also, I merged both your threads including the one wierdly posted in Forum Rules and Features into Ebike Troubleshooting since it is likely from the sound of it you will need to be doing a fair bit of that for your system. Please keep all your posts about this bike in this thread so that everyone helping you will have all the available info about it in one place.

I don't know what a restroom has to do with any of what you need, so we can't help you there.
Hmm, I think this may be the one for pedal assist?
the-next-step-in-toilet-evolution

EDIT: Found the throttle
19a3cdb07bf1888e8d081248af4d0071.jpg

No regen, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Back