I bought a $45 hub motor kit from EBAY

Even if its not real and i lose $45 i will be happy i never have to think i missed the deal of a lifetime!

Thing I hate about about the whole "it's just a small amount of money", is that it encourages fraud. 10 minutes to set up an ebay account, a couple hours to sell 100 different items at $45, and bam. An average Chinaman's year's wages for a few hours of work. If you were dishonest, why wouldn't you?

This is also why they set the price the way they do for scams. If they set it at $119, a lot more people will chase the money.

SamRich said:
Interesting fact is that they gave me a tracking number (which made me hopeful) but it showed that it never left China, I wonder how they did that.
Did you also get a tracking #?

Not 100% on this, but there are some economy types of shipping that have a lodgement number, but it doesn't track. I have a few items on eBay that show as sent, and I gor the item, but nothing past the first pick up event.

UPDATE: The seller has not responded to the first action of the case, and Ebay has now stepped in to help resolve the issue. I asked for a refund lets see if I get one and how long it takes!

UPDATE: Just as I thought Ebay favored my side of the case and I was refunded $45.55 USD today

Now time to find another hub motor!!

skeetab5780 said:
UPDATE: Just as I thought Ebay favored my side of the case and I was refunded $45.55 USD today

Congratulations! Let us know what you order next.

Pinesal said:
skeetab5780 said:

Congratulations! Let us know what you order next.

Excellent Choice - My favorite motor so far.

I bought something for $1 from China, just to test my new ebay account. I dont see how they make money on it, or is it just to get a higher sales # and rating % number. I think some sellers have multiple accounts and do transactions between them and their friends.

I know of one legit company that has a warehouse and an ebay store, who has 100% rating and 50k+ sales. I just wait for an item from them and scoop it up and its free pickup. I bought countless Dell PSU's from them. I found even that ebay store does some wacky things. I noticed back in November it went from 2000 products for sale down to 100 and I thought they were going bust, but its a national company with warehouses all over Canada. Another I bought from a dude in AB and I got a pretty quick "Item Shipped" yet it was a long weekend, I am still puzzled by that one.

One of the problems there is these days is that thieves are stealing tractor trailers, so might be the same going on in China. I saw a CBC tv show on this for Ontario, they are brazen criminals.

I have to confess to buying some stuff on e bay so cheap it has to be stolen. Ships from New Jersey. No surprise there. Whole containers vanish.

Some of that stuff from china for a buck is exactly for establishing an E bay rating. There used to be a guy who sold a broken battery over and over. He'd start his new account each month with buck sales. This was before they started holding the money, and boat ship took 3 months.

This seller has ZERO sales
$45 hub motor kit
probably the same punk!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-bike-Rear-wheel-48V-1000W-Bicycle-conversion-Kit-new-LCD-Display-Brake-sensor-/122387500633?hash=item1c7edd0e59:g:F18AAOSwTM5Yv6Mq

Ya I got my money back on the scam, but I would have rather gotten a $45 hub motor kit >.<

Back