I have a big divot between my valve stem hole and my first spoke hole

999zip999

100 TW
I have no idea what this big divot is between my valve stem hole in the first spoke hole for the nipple. What in the world could have happened here. It's an XTR rim with flat spokes I use rim brakes at the moment. I was hoping to put my new hydraulic brakes on my bike with my xcm30 shock. Plus the spokes are very hard meaning impossible to loosen or tighten I might have to go to the thing of the torch yes I put the blaster on it and lube them and all kinds of other stuff let him sit overnight still the nipples on the spokes are frozen. Anybody have any advice ?

careful with torches, if you have a bi-metal interface it can get a wee bit squirly...

as for you divot.. in my service days we would call that kind of thing... a fuckup, looks like someone misfired the ol' hole punch... granted I lived in a world of lowest bidder manufacturing and jumping out of planes that you had to inspect before each flught to make sure they had not decided to for example, drain all the hydro into the center hold because the sensor system opened an emergency valve due to an overpressure alert that had nothing to do with it's system....

Yep, c130's, bringing religion to the apostates since 1967

I'm confused. I thought XTR was top of shimano's line and letting a factory second rim be laced. Yes it looks like a punch hole. I've always hated Shimano you buy a real to go fishing and next year you can't get a spool for the real because they change the style same with all their bike parts they like to change things up year to year. Shimano Shame on You.

Touch would be quite hot on these alloys and brass and I do have a heat gun from harbor freight the older one that looks like a hair dryer for shrink tube. I borrowed a heat gun from my neighbor the thing is so hot is dangerous after using it I put it on the ground and minutes later I kicked it it hit my extension cord and melted it the outer casing. I could play with it but I'd have to clear some space and put on some leather gloves. I think maybe the fan doesn't work very good and the thing just turns into a heater.

Back