• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

I have a quick watt meter question

teamontherun

10 µW
I have a Wilderness Energy BL-36 Kit with 36v 15Ah Ping Battery that I use as a commuter. Is it ok to leave my wattmeter plugged in all day? I like the idea that instead of unplugging it and losing my Ah used every time, that I can leave it plugged in and I will have the Ah used for the entire battery charge if that makes sense.

BTW the meter is a Astro SuperWhattmeter Model 101 from my local hobby store. It says that it uses .01A on the meter when plugged in but the controller off. and .06A when the meter is plugged in and the controller on. Thought I would add that little info incase anyone needed it. Better safe than sorry. lol.

If leaving that thing turned on all day caused a problem, you have a problem all right, and it's not the wattmeter. So yeah, leave it turned on, with the controller off all day. It can't cause you that much loss of range. You could also stash a cheapo sla charger at work and top back up some if you are cutting ther range fine already.

Thanks... I only ride it a mile to work and a mile back. (I know, im lazy). lol. but it sure beats driving. It actually takes 10 min in my truck (until I sold it and am car lite now) and it only takes 4 min on my bike. Its because I dont have to go up and around on the one way road. I just use the sidewalk against traffic. (Not recommended but on my commute, it is perfectly safe).

Back